Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Todays ride
  • matt_outandabout

Where have you been? What you been listening too?

A warmish day here (5*), but loads of ice up high, so spent a couple of hours exploring a bunch of the forest roads I have not yet linked up, some more of the old railway lines and a couple of hunches of old roads buried in the forest round here. Too much ice still on much of it, and mucho faffing with bars, saddle n tyre pressures on a new bike.

Todays ride brought to me by U2 Magnificent remix and Adele.

meehaja
    Free Member

Not ridden stainburn in ages, was meeting a mate there but his car broke down. Got there, found the trails were solid ice with snow on top. Rode a bit, walked a bit, tried to get into the trees in the hope of less snow. Rode a bit more, tried the other side of the road, walked a bit. Went home. Living the dream.

_tom_
    Free Member

25 miles on the road bike, feet feel like blocks of ice but it was nice out, I love sunny winter days.

Listening to Clutch, and I went to see Mastodon last night which was pure destruction 🙂

Bregante

Stupid, stupid, stupid idea to ride up and over hartshead pike today. Ridiculous amounts of ice and we must have walked 60% of the first part of the ride (and even that was pretty dicey). We eventually took the option of completing our loop on the road. Still, at least we got out…

timmys

Didn’t fancy spending ages heading out of town to find the trails were barely rideable so just a little North London pootle for me.

Pook

slid around the walled trails of hebden with hora. gave up, got a pint.

widge34
    Free Member

Rode 18 miles in the FoD. Icy but not too bad.

JamesM
    Free Member

timmys,

That last photo looks much like a view from Ally Pally.

timmys

That last photo looks much like a view Ally Pally.

Nah, Hampstead Heath.

sonofapitch
    Free Member

Brechfa green blue and black 🙂 soft and spongy under wheels = hard climbing.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

a north London pootle for me too. Feet almost back to life again now.

allthepies
    Free Member

-7 when I started 🙂 A nice 20 miler under blue skies with crunchy snow under tyre.

rossrobot
    Free Member

Blast round Surrey Hills.

Snow made my cleats useless which was frustrating, but riding the usual BKB, Yoghurt Pots etc in the snow made the slog worthwhile.

aguesty1
    Free Member

Had to ride on the road today, too much ice off the beaten track! First ride in 8 weeks due to a knee op! Knee feels great now, so I’m a happy bunny! 😀

hugor
    Free Member

Whites level Afan. Icy, scary and frustrating at times.

bren2709

Whinlatter this morning.
    Icy fire road on north loop, then odd patch of ice on single track, good fun all the same!

AJames
    Free Member

Baildon moor and Shipley glen, boilerplate! Came a cropper on iced up cattle grid, almost broke ankle. Still good to be out and most doable once had almost totally let down my swamp things …

stevemakin

25 wet muddy miserable miles on the fat bike, just ticking a box really :-/

late night tales – Cinematic Orchestra now

Magazine – No thy self next

ad then food and red wine 🙂

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Lovely up on the Cotswolds Lecky Hill was great in the snow side roads were lethal.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Few hours round Peaslake. Amazed by the amount of snow there, I was expecting none to be left.

Interesting mix of ice packed trails, some untouched that were like riding in powder & a couple we actually saw dirt on.

It was also bloody cold.

21dwb
    Free Member

Snowy Swinley, great fun!

Dr_Bike
    Free Member

Today’s ride was a road ride to Abington via Moffat, the Devil’s Beeeftub was particularly cold and foggy but the soup and sandwich in Moffat made for it.

birky
    Free Member

Bit of a pea-souper up Bishops Hill in Fife

TomHill
    Free Member

Pennine Bridleway, above Widdop. Sheet ice a good inch thick covering the whole trail. Bruises everywhere after too many wipeouts to remember.

Don’t suppose anyone rode at Cannock today? Chance I could meet a mate there tomorrow, but don’t want to drive that far only to discover similar conditions.

ndg
    Free Member

Was out around Cannock this morning, rolling really fast on the frozen ground. Not too slippy either, only one crash and that was a bar/tree interface issue!

10pmix
    Free Member

Surrey Hills. Georgous day to be out. Soundtrack was Novadriver and Scratch Acid played WAY too loud..

Drac

Some lovely pics might get out tomorrow with some luck.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

gentle bimble on bristol trails with the mrs. cold but bright weather

themanfromdelmonte
    Free Member

25 miles on the road bike, feet feel like blocks of ice but it was nice out, I love sunny winter days.

Listening to Clutch, and I went to see Mastodon last night which was pure destruction

And weren’t they just on fire? I really didn’t like Creature Lives until last night, genius 8).

Jamesy
    Free Member

Cool photos people. especially like yours timmys , good work.

singlespeedstu

My ride today included me riding this bike and someone else riding down this trail next to a tumbledown wall.
    It allso envolved another rider but i didn’t manage to get any pictures of him as he was to close up my chuffer to be able to get the camera out in time.

2012_0211iceyride0025 by singlespeedstu, on Flickr

2012_0211iceyride0024 by singlespeedstu, on Flickr

althepal

Beeftub! Just a road ride doc? Some interesting roads round there- must have been spooky in the mist!

spacemonkey

Nice pics guys. I love crispy winter sessions – but right now I can’t get away form family/work/bugs to get out for a proper ride. So yesterday it was 90mins on the turbo while watching United beat Liverpool 🙂

sofaking
    Free Member

26 miles of snow, ice, slush and some tarmac.
    listening to tyres and ground interaction

[/url] standing on its own two feet by SoFaKiNg., on Flickr[/img]

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Todays ride’ is closed to new replies.