Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Today's happy good news thread!
  • camo16
    Free Member

More threads like this, please.

Oh, and congratulations. 🙂

notmyrealname
    Free Member

I have nothing useful to add apart from congratulating you.
    Enjoy the new arrivals!

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Very true – but also, pick your battles. In the grand scheme, who really cares if your daughter goes to the shops dressed as Snow White. Actually, I miss and wish i could have those days agan, being unable to prise her out of a Disney Princess dress, now she wants Hollister and Abercrombie!!

Yup! I was accompanied on walks by Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet (2 off) and a variety of emergency services personnel – it is not compulsory for you to dress in a similar fashion but it’s a hoot if you do. 😀

wwaswas

was accompanied on walks by Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet (2 off) and a variety of emergency services personnel

those were the days 🙂

I just get ‘morose teenager in a hoody’ now and it’s wearing a bit thin.

theotherjonv

it is not compulsory for you to dress in a similar fashion but it’s a hoot if you do

I love my daughter dearly, but I’m not going to the shops dressed as a disney princess.

However – can you get a man size ‘Beast’ costume. I’m havin’ that.

happydays
    Free Member

Yup! I was accompanied on walks by Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet (2 off) and a variety of emergency services personnel – it is not compulsory for you to dress in a similar fashion but it’s a hoot if you do.

You sir have really made me smile! These will be the moments that I will really cherish. 😀

marcus7
    Free Member

Good on ya fella, we said we would try to adopt if we couldn’t have kids (luckily we did!) and we are going to look at fostering when ours are a bit older. Its hard work but the rewards are genuinely amazing and i never tire of spending time with them.

rogerthecat
    Free Member
    binners

Yup! I was accompanied on walks by Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet (2 off) and a variety of emergency services personnel – it is not compulsory for you to dress in a similar fashion but it’s a hoot if you do.

Aye. I remember regularly having 2 Disney princesses in tow. Add to the effect by the person at the front doing their best ‘Ministry for Silly Walks’ routine, which everyone behind has to copy. then somebody else has a go at the front. Aaaaah …. simple pleasures 😀

ads678

Well please for you op. Makes a chage from wheel size debate threads.

Now, what tyre for new adopted siblings…..

woody2000

My friends adopted after a similar struggle with IVF. The amount of intrusion into their life both during and after the adoption process would be more than enough to put me off, so kudos to you both for sticking with it and giving someone else the chance of a better life 🙂

You don’t negotiate with 3 yr olds but you can give them choices, you just make sure the options are decided by you! 😉

Good luck OP

Ro5ey
    Free Member

The last time the whole Ro5ey family went shopping (something that never happens normally) Mrs Ro5ey was accompanied by a Disney princess, a pirate and a

morose teenager

… me !!

I hate shopping, but it was made bearable by the other two kids

mogrim

Very true – but also, pick your battles. In the grand scheme, who really cares if your daughter goes to the shops dressed as Snow White.

A very good point, and I have also been shopping with a Fairy Princess, Bella, and the Ice Queen from Narnia. And if little Miss mogrim really insists on wearing her bikini under her clothes instead of normal underwear, I really can’t be bothered to argue the point.

theotherjonv

Ice Queen from Narnia.

When did you take my wife shopping?

jekkyl

I have a little tear in my eye reading this and thinking about 2 beautiful children who now have a mummy n daddy, that is so excellent. Your karma bank is off the chart!

Junkyard
    Free Member

It takes time for everyone to settle into the new routine so dont expect it to be perfect form the start
    Decide early on what you will say re adoption
    Take your time finding your feet
    There is generally no right and no wrong way but decide what your way is whilst always being prepared to listen to the good advice from others.

They grow up fast – as you will have seen from the post on here

Congrats to you all

woody2000

Decide early on what you will say re adoption

I don’t think you have a lot of choice JY, there’s no hiding it like there used to be. The kids are informed, and kept informed from the outset.

Harry_the_Spider

Congratulations.

Typical Tesco run for me can include any and all of the following… 😕

The Gruffalo – a Gruffalo
    Lionel – A dog in a sheep skin coat
    Big Bear – A bear (big)
    Little Bear – A bear (little)
    Halloween Bear – A bear with an orange pumpkin body and a witch’s hat
    Poo Bear – Winnie the Poo
    Hat – A knitted had worn by Winnie the Poo
    Edmund – An elephant
    Edmund’s Bib – A bib belonging to the afore mentioned elephant

freddyg
    Free Member

Congratulations and Karma points! You are doing a good thing for the right reasons.

I recently attended a village football club meeting (I coach the U5s to U8s) wearing shorts, t-shirt & sandals…. I wondered what the giggles were for and realised the other coaches were laughing at my toes. My 6 year old daughter had painted them sparkly pink the previous day when I had fallen asleep on the sofa – I hadn’t got round to removing it. They stayed pink for a couple of weeks as I quite liked the confused reaction (and I felt a bit naughty!).

You’re in for some tough times but even more fun times. Enjoy them, they’re great creatures!

feartie
    Free Member

Congratulations 😀

My 6 year old nephew last week asked if he could go to his granny’s funeral in his Zorro outfit! My bro didn’t let him, but I reckon it would have given her a laugh if she was looking down from somewhere 🙂

JasonDS

Congratulations!!

Adopter of 1 here. Pleasure and pain, but ultimately a massively rewarding experience.

Best of luck.

Doh1Nut

That reminds me – my 5 year old niece was at her Great Grandmas funeral and started swishing her arm about during the ministers speech. Turns out she was mis-hearing sorrow as Zorro and was drawing a Z in the air Antonio Banderas stylee. 😀

samuri
    Free Member

congratulations

nwgiles

that’s cheating, we had to suffer 9 months of pregnancy why did you get away with it.

congratulations, kiss you free time good bye though

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Great news. Congratulations. 😀

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Brilliant news. Friends of ours are in a similar situation: IVF didn’t work, presently going through the adoption checklist. Stressful, but so worth it for both parents and kids. 🙂

Coyote
    Free Member

Awesome news. I don’t know you but I am well chuffed for you.

luke
    Free Member

We fostered then adopted, and also have one biological child as well. Were at the point where things are starting to work out and we are considering fostering again in the next year or so.

It may help to attend adoption support meetings if they are held locally, we found them in the main not for us, but we did meet other adopters who were getting a lot of benefit out of the meetings.

Keep in touch with your SW if they are any good as they can be a great help in the early days if needed.

Letterbox contact may soon loose it’s appeal depending on the parents, we had one follow up then silence which suited us, but knowing there back ground it wasn’t a surprise.

Life book is good a do keep it updated kids love to look and reflect as they get older.

Also we have never kept the adoption a secret form the kids and they can ask questions anytime they like and we will answer them to the best of our ability. But it depends on age we fostered at 1yr and adopted when 4 years of age.

takisawa2

Brilliant stuff.
    Tonights ride will be a good one thinking of the happiness youve managed to put across in this lil’ ol’ thread.

Mine are 6 & 7.
    Hard work but they amaze me every day.

As a Beaver Scout Leader I’d say get their names down now. 😉

luke
    Free Member

That’s not such a silly idea if it’s an revenue you’d like them to pursue. Some groups have a large waiting list, ours has come down a bit it used to be crazy long. It’s all calmed down by the time I see them in scouts.

mattyd
    Free Member

Congratulations. I have no advice other than to have fun as a family, everything else pretty much seems to work itself out in my experience.

jamj1974

Lovely news for you OP. It’s hard work but worth it!

matt_outandabout

Congratulations OP + mrs_OP. Best and toughest thing you will ever do, bringing up a child in my experience.
    Islabikes store is that way ——>

Edukator
    Free Member

I hope this really adds something to your lives. All the best.

Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘Today's happy good news thread!’ is closed to new replies.