Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)
  • Todays commuting adventure :-)
  • DezB
    Free Member

So, I’m going down this hill, which has one of the shittest cycle paths – it appears and disappears as some pillock with a tin of red paint saw fit, but there’s always a queue of traffic down the hill. So at this point the nice lady in the black SLK wants to overtake me to get oh, much closer to the queue of traffic

I prefer her not to overtake, as she will only be another car in my way when the road narrows and the traffic slows (right turn junction causes the slow down) and there’s NO REASON for her to overtake!
    So I establish my position. This goes on for a little while.
    Then we reach the wide cycle/bus lane, so I turn and wave her past! But, no now she doesn’t want to get nice and snug with the back of the queue, now she wants to open her window and converse with me…

I say I can’t hear you, you unintelligent woman and there was no point in you trying to get in front of me. I can’t hear what she’s saying.
    Then I get a few cars in front when the traffic queues again.
    We go up a hill and at this point, when she overtakes, she throws something metal out the window at me (it misses).

What do you think, did I bring this on myself? Did I go looking for trouble cos I had a camera on my bars ( 🙄 ). Or should I report the silly cow?

KonaTC

report the silly cow?

nacho
    Free Member

Throwing metal things out of a window at you. Even if you were in the wrong (and I’m not saying you are!) it’s gotta be reported. Could have caused avery serious accident.

ormondroyd
    Free Member

Report.

surfer
    Free Member

Report the silly cow and get it on record.

Next time break her wing mirror off

allthepies
    Free Member

Lets see the vid 🙂

ormondroyd
    Free Member

And bung it on YouTube with her number plate in the title, too

unklehomered
    Free Member

report the silly cow

yup. I’ve had stuff flung at me in busy traffic and no recording device. Reporting her does more good than youtube, youtube just gets comments and arguments…

PJM1974
    Free Member

Report, let the court hear what she had to say.

blades2000
    Free Member

Report her

rOcKeTdOg

Was it a note with her phone number? You might be in there

shakers
    Free Member

I think you brought this on yourself. You have audacity to ride your bike on a road which as I’m sure you know belongs only to drivers and then whine when someone try’s to injury you by hurling a metal projectile at your head.

Can I suggest you get a car like a grown up?

Oh hang on just sat down myself after daily commute. I’m on your side. Of bloody course i am. Report her. You’re doing every one of the lads and lasses on this forum a favour.

nicko74

+1

DezB
    Free Member

She was rather physically attractive with a very short skirt on 😯

Problem is, I’m in such a good mood today, cos my bike all works ok and there were massive tailbacks on the route I go if I drive! I’m sure I would get annoyed normally, but I just found it funny.
    Is there an online reporting thing, so I don’t have to make the effort of phoning?

DezB
    Free Member

hang on, I’ll edit the video. Can’t hear anything except road noise, cos the cam is on my bars.

Junkyard
    Free Member

report it as you have her reg fairly clearly
    Does the vid catch the object being thrown

shakers
    Free Member

Attractive with a very short skirt. Hang on Jimmy Saville she’s a road user not a piece of meat.

DezB
    Free Member

Does the vid catch the object being thrown

no, it was something small like a bullet vibrator ladies compact.

Jimmy Saville? Oi that’s a bit much! She had to be over 18 to be driving an SLK, surely?

shakers
    Free Member

True mate apologies

chewkw
    Free Member

DezB – Member

She was rather physically attractive with a very short skirt on

Hang on a minute you are supposed to be looking ahead.

So what does she look like?

Did she hitch up her skirt on purpose?

😯

DezB
    Free Member

Looking ahead? When some woman is driving next to me with her passenger window down?
    Like this

*nods*

thorpie
    Free Member

Report it, I’ve had several things thrown at me whilst commuting but it’s always been at night and I wasn’t able to get their reg, one time two cars did it in convoy and actually turned their lights off! Had I obtained the reg I would have gone round myself, in uniform! Phone the non emergency police number to report it with the reg number of the car, at the very least an officer could go round and speak with her. I could check the reg here and now myself but not really appropriate!

Trevor.

Aristotle
    Free Member

I was once hit by a full bottle of orange juice (quite heavy) thrown at me from a car by a young lad in a car, who’s mate was driving aggressively towards me in traffic, whilst I was cycling. Thankfully, there were a number of witnesses, one of whom took the registration number. The perpetrator was found, taken to court and found guilty of assault.

starfanglednutter
    Free Member

Don’t suppose you collected the object? Fingerprints on the assault weapon would certainly help the case.

DezB
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aiulhe8teZg[/video]

rp16v
    Free Member

bombers at the ready…

singletrackmind

Prolly a lipstick ?
    Its because you dont pay road tax .
    No pay = No say , obviously.
    Very pretty lady though , maybe she was attracted to those sideburns?
    And you ride agressively as you have a camera on your bars and are out looking for trouble , like Edward Woodwood off of the Equaliser series.
    Shame really as it was a nice afternoon , sunshine and a tail wind home.
    wee in her Jimmy choos , that will learn her
    Pretty fast there , you is motoring too.

DezB
    Free Member

maybe she was attracted to those sideburns?

Think I’m in there? 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

Nice of the council to paint little bike logos on the road though….

Are they marking where other cyclists met their demise?

nicko74

Like this

Get her details, get in touch, explain that you by law need to contact the police about this, but perhaps you can ‘come to an agreement’
    Sorted!

chrisdw
    Free Member

Well it is Portsmouth, did you expect much more?

DezB
    Free Member

Well it is Portsmouth, did you expect much more?

Waterlooville, I’ll have you know. Far posher.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I woul dhave been in the entire lane from much earlier on as you are at the same speed as the other vehicles and she could not have got level with you

that said really WTF was she trying to do there was nowhere for her to go.

i like the way they take time out their fast paced life to tell you how little time they have and how you have held them up.
    I always just laugh at this.

I would still report her

druidh
    Free Member

+1

Which is why it’s so annoying when they put in one of those half-hearted cycle lanes. I feel all guilty for not using them 😳

Muke
    Free Member

Problem is, I’m in such a good mood today, cos my bike all works I’m listening to some mellow jazzy jazz

😉

rogerthecat
    Free Member

If you do pull her will you have reached 9.3?

DezB
    Free Member

I woul dhave been in the entire lane from much earlier on as you are at the same speed as the other vehicles and she could not have got level with you

How can you say this?! I come out of a side road onto that bus lane, then join the traffic – immediately she’s trying to edge in front. Jeez its lime TJ all over again!

Junkyard
    Free Member

I am not trying to argue or annoy but if you pulled into the lane there was obviously space and you could have taken up the whole lane once in the road /not in the bus lane

to repeat
    that said really WTF was she trying to do there was nowhere for her to go.

IE it was her fault

happyrider
    Free Member

I’m constantly having this situation and have resorted to getting in the way deliberately to avoid it. It seems to be a case of the drivers just not looking far enough ahead to realise the traffic has stopped or is going slowly.

I’m in two minds as to whether it’s really worth it, on the one hand it aggravates the driver behind (who by the way I never see again once the traffic does stop) but it gives them more evidence to be biker non friendly, maybe just let them get those extra few metres by catching the traffic and ride past regardless as I would have to do with all of the cars infront anyway..

Hovering next to me is the real issue, that never feels safe. When drivers just overtake and get it done I’m much happier.

Either way, throwing stuff is not on!

druidh
    Free Member

Lime TJ??

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Todays commuting adventure :-)’ is closed to new replies.