Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 84 total)
  • Toblerone – is nothing sacred!
  • martinhutch

I’d rather they just put the price up so the effect of currency changes is transparent, rather than screw with the product. Obviously they think that the chances of sterling popping back up are pretty slim if they’re prepared to change their production line to that extent.

GrahamS

Yep, Sterling hasn’t been doing too well against the dollar for a while now, but there was a notable nose dive around June this year:

Nothing to do with Brexit tho. Pure coincidence. 🙄

13thfloormonk

I’ve been caught a few times with ‘packaging bigger than the product’ – anyone else outraged at only finding five Nature Valley bars in the box instead of six? Eat Natural are at it too, 3 bars in a box blatantly big enough for 4, and Chocolate Oranges now have extra ‘segment detail’ on each piece which looks suspiciously like empty space where there used to be chocolate.

Worse yet are Pizza boxes which are an inch or two bigger on either side than the diameter of pizza within, a special place in hell should be reserved for whoever came up with that one… 👿

Drac

Well according to the Today programme this morning (from 2:49:14) it IS very clearly to do with Brexit:

But yet the company says otherwise.

Who are Dominic and Sarah?

cubist
    Free Member

Kraft Foods, who later, in a company renaming approach that would even make contestants on the Apprentice weep, became Mondelez (it’s, apparently a clever concatenation of monde, i.e. world, and delicious. Jesus wept).

They also failed to discover in advance of the new name launch that it sounds just like a term for oral sex in Polish or Russian (can’t remember which)

GrahamS

Indeed.

The company say it is to do with the weak pound/dollar, which as I pointed out above has absolutely nothing to do with Brexit. Honest.

Who are Dominic and Sarah?

Sarah Montague: main presenter on Today and various other BBC News programmes.

Dominic O’Connell : business news presenter on Today programme, previously the Business Editor of The Sunday Times.

kelvin

I’d rather they just put the price up so the effect of currency changes is transparent…

Have you not received the memo?
    Companies raising the shelf price of any product due to falling pound and rising costs should be boycotted because they must hate England.
    Any company suggesting Brexit is effecting how they do buisness, the price they charge, or the product they offer, should receive the worse PR in their existence, and a right drubbing on social media.

You can see why they tried a different approach; they couldn’t have got it more wrong though, could they! Someone is in the wrong job somewhere…

Northwind

Drac – Moderator

They say it’s to do with the exchange rates change don’t they? Which means it’s brexit related.

13thfloormonk – Member

I’ve been caught a few times with ‘packaging bigger than the product’ – anyone else outraged at only finding five Nature Valley bars in the box instead of six? Eat Natural are at it too, 3 bars in a box blatantly big enough for 4, and Chocolate Oranges now have extra ‘segment detail’ on each piece which looks suspiciously like empty space where there used to be chocolate.

Try buying gluten free stuff- if you get the tesco “special flakes” frinstance you could literally fit 2 entire packets of the cereal into a single box. The jaffa cakes box is the same size as a proper jaffa cake box but the biscuits are half the size. It’s like they go “this food substitute isn’t quite disappointing enough yet, let’s go for broke”

teasel
    Free Member

But yet

Bless your tautological entanglement.

Drac

The company say it is to do with the weak pound/dollar, which as I pointed out above has absolutely nothing to do with Brexit. Honest.

I can see the link

mos

Mondolez innit, did anybody see that documentary a few months back?

13thfloormonk

It’s like they go “this food substitute isn’t quite disappointing enough yet, let’s go for broke”

😀

donald
    Free Member

Cougar

You win the Internet for today.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Chapeaux donald.

Cougar

Ah, culled from b3ta. (-:

DezB
    Free Member

The company say it is to do with the weak pound/dollar

I presumed it was the rising price of cocoa? Like, why Cadbury is filling all it’s bars with biscuits, candy pieces and shit.

donald
    Free Member

Somebody more cleverer than me

Cougar

I presumed it was the rising price of cocoa? Like, why Cadbury is filling all it’s bars with biscuits, candy pieces and shit.

I suppose the colour of chocolate would mask that quite well, at least.

dragon
    Free Member

Seriously if anything this is a good thing:

1) we eat far to much sugary stuff in this country, so people eating less can only be a good thing.

2) It opens the doors for other companies to compete.

It’s easy to blame Brexit but the reality is Mondelez have been trying to ramp up their profits with shoddy products from way beofre the Brexit vote. Example why do you see also those Cadbury’s bars with Oreo chunks or other sh*t in, because the other sh*t is cheaper.

zilog6128

True, this is the typical Toblerone consumer anyway

Not gonna get worried till Green & Black or Lindt start pulling this shit

deadkenny
    Free Member

It’s a deal with airlines. Weighs less.

GrahamS

WARNING: Contains a lot of swearing!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT65nIU6fhc[/video]

DezB
    Free Member

Example why do you see also those Cadbury’s bars with Oreo chunks or other sh*t in, because the other sh*t is cheaper.

See 3 posts above yours 🙂

Cougar

WARNING: Contains a lot of swearing!

Cheers for that, I was reminded of it when Perchy made his comment earlier.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I blame Trump. His tiny hands needed extra leverage to snap off a triangle, but now it’s a great chocolate bar that will be a huge success, making chocolate great again.

😆

eddie11
    Free Member

Right next to the part that says it has nothing to do with Brexit?

You know when you got dumped and they said ‘it’s not you it’s me’ you believed that as well didn’t you? 😆

edhornby

All this A50 arguing, you’re all toblermoaners

cubist
    Free Member

Example why do you see also those Cadbury’s bars with Oreo chunks or other sh*t in, because the other sh*t is cheaper.

Their best innovation was Dairy Milk Bubbly. Where they have filled the chocolate with Air. Someone must have got a promotion for that idea.

slowoldman

Show me a confection that hasn’t shrunk since the 70s.

clodhopper
    Free Member

Forget that; I found this far more disturbing:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hereford-worcester-37897103

£2900? 😯

You could buy a bike for that…

Drac

You know when you got dumped and they said ‘it’s not you it’s me’ you believed that as well didn’t you?

Wouldn’t know it’s never happened.

slowoldman

A couple of thoughts.
    Why not just make it shorter but with the same “lumpiness”?
    Did the Swiss hold a referendum on this?

piemonster

Don’t Google tobleroning

Googles tobleroning

GrahamS

Why not just make it shorter but with the same “lumpiness”?

Because then there wouldn’t be enough Alps to spell “Toblerone”?

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Is this just a move to protect people’s soft palate?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Show me a confection that hasn’t shrunk since the 70s.

Not on this forum I can’t…

choppersquad
    Free Member

Am I imagining it or have they shrunk chocolate oranges too?
    Had one yesterday and the sides of each segment used to be flat. The newer ones have a flat side and a recessed patterned side meaning obviously less chocolate.
    I might have to eat another one to make my mind up?
    It’s a travesty!

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

^

Having been a Terry’s Chocolate Orange addict for nigh on 35 years I’m actually pleased that they are now:

Smaller
    Lighter
    Less ‘dense’
    Less chocolate-y (more sugary)

They used to be a big half-brick-heavy ball of awesome that took some real force to separate before eating. The chocolate was silky-smooth, snappy, and not overly sweet.

Now they changed them I no longer get the cravings 🙂

wwaswas

It’s good to see we’re back discussing the important things in life after yesterday’s hiatus with US politics.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘Toblerone – is nothing sacred!’ is closed to new replies.