Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • To whoever has been building up on Blackstone Edge…
  • mcnultycop

… It’s subtle, but the little perfectly placed kicker on the Edge to Windy Hill descent is perfect. It made my afternoon.

Bregante

Is this on the drop to the footbridge? Wasn’t there a fortnight ago?

tubthumped
    Free Member

If anyone fancies pointing to it on a map for me I’d appreciate it 🙂

cdoc
    Free Member

I was just over there an hour ago. I like that one too 🙂
    There are some more sneaky little bits on the descent past Whittaker Golf course and more around Ogden reservoirs, if you look closely!

buck53

Aah, this is killing me. I’ve moved round here six months ago but still finding my way around the local trails.

If anyone would like to give Strava segment names, OS map tips or anything similar, I’d be dead grateful. E-mail is in profile if discretion is required.

mcnultycop

It’s up near the edge itself, before you get to the stone slabs.

Buck53 I’ll message you in a bit, I don’t know everything but can do posters.

buck53

Cheers McNultycop, starting a week off in 10 minutes so will be having an explore.

Bregante

I’ve emailed you a few strava routes buck53 🙂

mcnultycop

I’ve sent you a rambling e-mail.

brant
    Free Member

I’ve only been running there and back but I’ve hurt my leg so am riding again now.

From Blackstone Edge towards the M62?

cdoc
    Free Member

That’s the one, Brant. There is room for ‘improvement’ most of the way down the top bit, if anyone wants to ‘dig in’ and help 🙂

buck53

Thanks for the emails fellas, think I’ve got a handle on it now.

downhilldave

cdoc, where about at Ogden? Riding there tomorrow. Ta

globalti
    Free Member

It’s a superb area for cycling; great views, great terrain, great exposure.

cdoc
    Free Member

Well, all the stuff in the trees was flattened a few months ago and sanitised.. However, there are still a few (slightly overgrown at the mo) twisty bits down from the top pylon on the hill near tunshill crossroads and a couple of little kickers off the rocky track down from the Rams Head.
    The path from the radio tower back to the crossroad is the next target, particularly the broken brick and smashed glass section which really needs a little bypass around the right hand side. There is a small drop off on that descent too, off the banking on the left.

The descent from the Edge to windyhill really is a prime target, though. It is mostly wide enough to throw bits in unnoticed, making it a bit more jumpy here and there

mcnultycop

I rode that “path” from the tower to the crossroads (presume the crossroads between Ogden and Hollingworth) for the first tme yesterday. It appeared to just be builders rubble then one section was purely broken glass, then it sort of just ended, in a stream.

northernshaggy
    Free Member

I was up there this morning (windy as ****)
    Didn’t see anything different from two weeks ago
    (Except maybe some strategically placed flags?)

mcnultycop

I noticed that too. Nice little help over that lip.

tubthumped
    Free Member

If anyone would mind sending me the same mails it’d be appreciated. 🙂

mcnultycop

Done

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘To whoever has been building up on Blackstone Edge…’ is closed to new replies.