Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 161 total)
  • TJ Rivvington ride Sat 13 th
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I am in your hands really – just show me a good time 🙂

binners

just show me a good time

Do you want to try some of the pubs in Darwen TJ? Sample a bit of East Lancs culcha?T Think of it as an education

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

I should be able to come.prefer the pubs near belmont road there as they’re bank top .see you , mart

bagpuss72
    Free Member

TJ – Better idea sack these lot off pretend you’re on the ride and come and get hammered in Rammy with me they won’t notice once they start trying to out-do each other on the climbs 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

🙂

M6TTF
    Free Member

I wouldn’t mind coming but hopefully I’ll be on a plane to somewhere warm – shame as I’d actually like to meet the infamous teej and see if we had common ground on anything 😉

Bunnyhop

– but Mrs TJ would have a fit at some of the rocky bits/ stepdowns

Says one who has jumped off a few kickers.

Its a shame Lowey isn’t coming, he loves it on the back of the tandem 😉

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Bunnyhop – Member

Its a shame Lowey isn’t coming, he loves it on the back of the tandem

Euphermism of the day.

Right. There. :mrgreen:

lowey

Its a shame Lowey isn’t coming, he loves it on the back of the tandem

It scared the bejesus out of me. Have a great time all!

Nick…

Junkyard
    Free Member

aye he makes a fine stoker so I am told

Bunnyhop

😆

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

bumpity bump for the day shift.

any more for any more?

brokensoul
    Free Member

I may be able to make it.

izakimak
    Free Member

i’ll be there with 1 or 2 others.

binners

I think I’m going to get leathered with Uncle Jezza and Bagpuss in Rammy instead! 😀

Actually…. I bloody will do unless this sodding weather improves. Its absolutely grim! I’ve been soaked every time I’ve been out recently. I’m getting very very bored with it

Do we know the route summary? I might bail on the latter half of the route if we’re near anywhere near Rammy. Then again, might do the full route then ride back. Hmmmmmmmmmmm decisions, decisions

mick_r

I’ve done the ice cream run a couple of times on a tandem!

Once as pilot (with rigid forks) and once as stoker (think with suspension). Can’t say it was pleasant but ploughed through the boulders alright – just had to avoid the old tarmac dropoff bit as it grounded out in the middle 🙂

Tandem now thankfully sold…..

cynic-al
    Free Member

Genuinely sad not to be able to make it 🙁

Would be nice to meet some of the northerners and see what the riding is like.

binners

It really is shame you’re not coming Al. I was going to bring these along for you pair

😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

Thanks binners. We get on fine in real life!

Well we did a couple of years back.

RustySpanner

Never mind Al, you can show me and Ms Spanner round Kirroughtree next week instead.
    Getting excited now.

cynic-al
    Free Member

You pay for the petrol and it’s a deal!

I’m not waiting for anyone mind.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Shame al would like to have seen you brakes really tested
    route
    Barn – top tower via gardens – rutty drop run down – top bit of wilderswood tarmac climb back up and probably [ given numbers and how boggy it would be too cheeky to do the footpath] up the tarmac road to mast – Belmont descent- PUB- that’s probably about an hour in! May then go to tockholes for the non drinkers
    back up belmont and shoulder for the athletes and road and belmont road for the Binners
    Ice cream run – gives a bail option here [ about 8 mile ride ish??] but from here on to Lead mines clough and over to Healy nab somehow – anyone any decent suggestion apart from Lead mines clough and back via heapey Fold lane- I suspect too many to try the cheeky reservoir paths tbh – there is another pub option here that may make a better option if we want to ride then go to the pub near the end of the ride- no idea what the pub is like as i dont drink.
    I will do a Memory map at some point of the route
    Given weather of late we will need to stick to the hardpacked stuff or it will be a bit boggy.
    This route makes a rough figure of 8 with the first bit hilly and the second bit flatish
    I assume TJ is looking for 4-5 hours with an hour or so in pub and 45 mins post ride eating cake in a car park somewhere.

RustySpanner

As an Englander, I think I’ve subsidised the unruly northern tribes enough already, thanks 🙂

Pyro

With a bit of luck, might make it as well. Question is, racy full-suss or rigid singlespeed? And the obligatory ‘what tyres?’ !

binners

Nice one Junkyard. Looks like you’ll be stuck with me for the whole route. You lucky lucky bastards! 😉

I think its going to be every boggy up there at the moment. It was bloody wet up on’t moors last weekend. It hasn’t stopped raining since!!!

Pyro – Got to be the full suss for the Belmont 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

FS is overkill for rivvy IMHO and only the ice cream run benefits from FS but i have seen it done rigid.
    The route is all SS [ belmont ascent will be a severe test mind if we do it] but I will probably take gears just so I go can slower- be rude not to talk to binners for the whole ride 😉
    Tyres whatever you like there will be some mud but the route will avoid [ where possible] mud/moor/bog and most is hard packed.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Junkyard,
    The best way (IMHO) to include Healy Nab from Belmont would be WWW to Tockholes Plantation & Roddlesworth > Abbey Village > Withnell Moor > Cheeky singletrack along the top of Wheelton Plantation > more cheeky singletrack to White Coppice > Healy Nab

Just offering a suggestion like 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

aye I thought of that but it means no ICR and i for one want to see a tandem on there!
    It does cause route issues though

binners

I was going to suggest something similar, maybe with a severe bit of cheek over Darwen Moor. But the thought of a tandem on the ICR is too good to resist 😀

And Junkyard – Bunnyhop is normally kind enough to slow down for me, so I don’t get lonely at the back

izakimak
    Free Member

Johnny from belmont i’d go up the road from the black dog to georges lane – pidgeon tower – down icr – past wilson’s farm to the lead mines up over anglezarke then you have the choice of using the road to the nab or the cheeky singletrack* that starts opposite manor house farm and drops down to the resovoir.

*depends on numbers but i’d take it anyway just a couple of gates to go over

Junkyard
    Free Member

that the way I would do it as well tbh the tandem will handle the steep wet muddy bit into the trees without issue i assume 😉
    Only back up belmont and shoulder for the fitter ones, as I like the shoulder and the climb tbh, but they meet at the same point anyway.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Then how about initial climb from back of school > Pike > ICR > Up gardens > Mast.

Junkyard
    Free Member

ah clever like that suggestion THINKS

wors

What time are you meeting? The thought of watching a tandem go down ICR is proving too much. 😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

10:30 ish in front of the house by top barn for 11 am start
    I sent him a video he says it will be fine.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

We don’t have to do the ice cream run. Mrs TJ muttered when shown the vid and it perhpoas will not be huge fun ( especially for her ). On the other hand it looks perfectly possible with the possible exception of one or two bit.

I just want you all to show me a good time 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

you will show us, as we point and laugh at you on your descent

D0NK

Junkyard, answer your text messages!

Hoping weather will be right for sunday

Junkyard
    Free Member

goes to find phone and it is saturday ….tomorrow may be a wet one 😕

D0NK

bugger when did it switch to saturday…? that’ll be a no from me then. 🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 161 total)

The topic ‘TJ Rivvington ride Sat 13 th’ is closed to new replies.