Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 976 total)
  • Titus Fireline Ti 29 Evo..
  • Mbnut
    Free Member

Brant – the geo chart on the On One site needs sorting… the reach and stack measurements don’t match the key.

If my interuptation of them is correct this looks good, my concern is that some Ti frames can be a little… soft/noodly, I would want it to be direct with compliance when things really kick off.

Cheers

brant
    Free Member

Will check reach and stack. Updated that last week. Did I get them in wrong order?
    I might have been working off new diagram I did whic actually shows effective top tube dimension correctly.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

will they be about before christmas brant?

pistola
    Free Member

Likewise Bigdugsbaws – mine is being delivered to my work, which is shut over Christmas. :-/

brant
    Free Member

Frame are landing at our bonded warehouse today. Will be QC’d, checked in, processed and hopefully dispatched on Wednesday.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

If my interuptation of them is correct this looks good, my concern is that some Ti frames can be a little… soft/noodly, I would want it to be direct with compliance when things really kick off.

*MBR BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Yep, that gets my vote for post of the week. Sheer STW classic.

LOL

pistola
    Free Member

Cool. Thanks Brant.

househusband

Just wondering… besides a steeper HA and lower BB – running one with a 100mm fork wouldn’t be too much of a disadvantage would it..?

Big-Pete
    Free Member

Well, its arrived, BUT its raw / raw, as in no badge and no decals 🙁
    Frame looks nice though.

brant
    Free Member

as in no badge and no decals

they shipped them out of the uK before I even knew they had landed!

and before the decals arrived from the USA.

I think decals are in tommorow, so we’ll be playing catch up.

Sorry for that.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Mine is waiting for me when i get home in an hour, not excited at all 😉

coopersport1
    Free Member

They do look the business but having just built my Rockstar I’d definately get shot if one of those turned up too!

Big-Pete
    Free Member

Errr the head tube seems to be a strange size, the CK tapered headset is right at the bottom but miles too small for the top – internal measure is 44, I am confused or thick.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Internal 44 at the top is correct sounds like yours is a 34 mm external top cup?

Big-Pete
    Free Member

Yup I am thick.

pistola
    Free Member

The chainstays are too short! There is no room for a front mech between the tyre and the seat tube. It was sold as being triple chainset compatible. I’m using an XTR FD M970 mech and there is no way it can fit.

Not happy. I’ll be on the blower to On One in the morning.

pistola
    Free Member

Current front mech is top swing. No way will it fit. Just tried an old bottom swing mech and that fits, but only by a baw-hair. Inner cable is only just not being fouled by the tyre tread, and it’s a Racing Ralph, so not exactly a chunky tread. If I stick with it it’s a new front mech then…

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Pete, m786 should fit, it is really tight though.

Really nicely finished frame and the tyre clearance is monumental, nearly finished mine cant wait to ride at the weekend!!

frazchops
    Free Member

Any chance of a pic? A front mech, what’s that? 🙂

brant
    Free Member

The chainstays are too short! There is no room for a front mech between the tyre and the seat tube. It was sold as being triple chainset compatible. I’m using an XTR FD M970 mech and there is no way it can fit.

Not happy. I’ll be on the blower to On One in the morning.

Massive apologies for lack of guidance on front mechs. It is a short stay design and I should have been smart enough to clearly notify purchasers of what front mechs work (and which don’t).

Front mech clearance is an issue on short chainstay bikes, but can massively be improved on many “dual pull” front mechs with a modification to the mech by removing unused hardware on the back of the mech that is only used to route the front mech cable if pulled from underneath.

If I stick with it it’s a new front mech then…

Absolutely, if you are unhappy, then it’s your right to return the frame.

ton

sounds like a bit of a bodge job that Brant…….bit like them 29” chumba’s of old…….. 😉

bedmaker

Absolutely, if you are unhappy, then it’s your right to return the frame.

How much for his slightly soiled frame Brant?

brant
    Free Member

Pete, m786 should fit, it is really tight though.

Really nicely finished frame and the tyre clearance is monumental, nearly finished mine cant wait to ride at the weekend!!

Thanks for the words. If you can help us populate a list of “what works what doesn’t” then that’s great.

brant
    Free Member

I’m trying to find a picture of my steel sample which had 3mm shorter chainstays than this Ti model, with a triple XT chainset and a front mech.

Not succeeding. Will check again.

brant
    Free Member

sounds like a bit of a bodge job that Brant…….bit like them 29” chumba’s of old……..

I can quite imagine that some people will be upset at trimming parts, even unused parts, off their front mechs.

pistola
    Free Member

I’ve calmed down now Brant :-/. This is my 3rd frame from you guys and I was just initially peeved. I’ll just have to fork out in a new top swing mech. The wife won’t be happy though.

The frame does look lovely. Really neat welds and lovely detail around the dropouts and brake mount.

Are you getting in any 120mm forks anytime soon?

brant
    Free Member

I’ve calmed down now Brant :-/. This is my 3rd frame from you guys and I was just initially peeved. I’ll just have to fork out in a new top swing mech. The wife won’t be happy though.

To be honest, I’m not happy either, because of the way we’re getting stuff in, and out, so fast, without us giving you guys the heads up on stuff. I’m going to try and put a stop to it and with new stuff like the El Guapo 29 I’ll airfreight and do a proper check over sheet so that it’s all clear.

These came in sea freight, I didn’t see final production before you did!

And the decals were late.

I’m sorry about the front mech and if we can help with pricing, then I will do. I’ve got my bestest mountainbike mechanic on it tommorow, going through front mechs to check what’s good. Giving advice.

So I’m sorry.

Though personally I’d 1×10 it 🙂

brant
    Free Member

Are you getting in any 120mm forks anytime soon?

We will be offering complete builds – we’re just putting a spec to order together – but due to the oddities of component supply it might well be full builds or nothing. We’ll see.

pistola
    Free Member

Okaydokay. So decals will be available?

brant
    Free Member

Decals are in now I think and I will make sure they go out to those that have bought.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

I quite like mine in decal free form, it may stay that way. Which head badges are coming brant, I saw there were a choice of 2?

Bregante

That looks very, very nice bigdugs

diablo6we6ride6
    Free Member

What size frame is that bigdug?

Decal free for Ti is better, no need to spend a few hours stripping them off now. Result!

Swayndo
    Free Member

That looks SWEET. Yep no decals going on mine either. The metal head badge would be nice tho. Mine should come today.

I’m assuming the SLX/XT 3×9 from my Ragley won’t work, which is a pain cos things are too steep around here for 1×9. Looking forward to clear guidance.

diablo6we6ride6
    Free Member

From what Brant said, it looks like we’re the ones who will be giving guidance!

Agree, all you need on a Ti frame is the headtube badge.

I think the clearance issue is just about the front mech, so you should be good with 3×9, it just necessitates grinding off the extra hardware that’s not required on a specific mech that fits.

Jon who’s posted here, did it to his X9 front mech on his Yelli, to allow him to run 2.4’s no problem, but agreed, grinding off parts, (if you have the specific mech that fits in the first place), is not ideal…

brant
    Free Member

Our Neil should be in workshop in 5mins cracking on with this.
    Sorry for hopelessness.

Vortexracing

You have to fettle a front mech on the DW five spot. Hacksaw, file paint – Simples.

There might be a few teething problems Brant, but the speed of response is pretty impressive IMO – Hats off for customer service sir.

diablo6we6ride6
    Free Member

Not hopelessness, but good to have you (and Neil?) here to answer directly.

If it’s not alright, it’s not the end, ‘cos we all know it’ll be right in the end…

Clink

Jon who’s posted here, did it to his X9 front mech on his Yelli, to allow him to run 2.4’s no problem, but agreed, grinding off parts, (if you have the specific mech that fits in the first place), is not ideal…

Agreed but with lots of short chainstay 29ers coming out it would be good if SRAM, Shimano came up with some lower profile mechs??

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 976 total)

The topic ‘Titus Fireline Ti 29 Evo..’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM