Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Titec Pork Rinds Anywhere??? or good alternatives???
  • Gee76
    Free Member

Hey all

Quite like good old Pork Rinds (Foam Grips). Comfy, tough, don’t absorb water and super light (17g). Can’t seem to find any in stock anywhere though. Have they stopped being made?… where are they all hiding?.

Any good alternatives about???

jameso

I have some in the garage if you want them, how about a fiver to a charity of your choice?

Gee76
    Free Member

Ooo cool, are they new may I ask. I have some already but they mighta gone baggy I think!.

Mountain rescue would seem befitting I think.

G

njee20
    Free Member

KCNC are the same product.

jameso

fitted and used but not for long. may have some as-new unused ones but I’d need to check, will let u know tomorrow. used to be a fan and bought a few pairs. njee’s right tho a few companies have the same grip under a different name if you want fresh ones.

Gee76
    Free Member

Ahhh I wondered if anyone else rebadged them. KCNC tho eh, that maybe a wakeup call as to how weight weenie I’ve gotten haha.

Cheers for checking Jameso, if yours aren’t too used I’d happily take them. Think mine have been on and off a few time and gotten a bit loose. Can’t just get one to stick. I’ve degreased, tried 2 types of hairspray, tried to get em to set in house (in case garage is too cold) and I’m now testing windowlene. Shame as no wear on them really. See what you can see anyway.

Ta

MrAgreeable

If you can give up 33g then ESI grips are light, feel nice and no reports of them throttling.

charliedontsurf

Esi silicon. Grips may be a good alternative.
    Loads of colours
    Three girths at three weights,
    http://www.charliethebikemonger.com/bar-tape–grips-211-c.asp

jameso

Gee, try 3M spray adhesive, photo mount. It’s brilliant for grips.

Gee76
    Free Member

Ta chaps. Not given up yet, the windowlene felt tacky last night. Will see if its set tonight. Failing that the 3m spray looks good, got it watched on eBay!. How’s it to get off?

Failing all that I may have to move withe times n go for ESI’s. Mates have em n like em. Cheers Charlie!

charliedontsurf

Fitting ESIs, install bar end plug first, then use window cleaner, sets rock hard within an hour.

The instruction say alcohol but…. Single malt or guiness?

DanW
    Free Member

£5.48 Pork Rind grips

Ok, so not branded as Titec but exactly the same grips. Just a bit of hair spray and they hold rock solid. Can’t ask for more!

jameso

It’s not easy to get them off after using 3M, think if it as near-permanent fix and you may need to wreck the grip getting them off – I’ll try meths first when I need to replace them. But they never come loose when riding no matter how long they’ve been on / how wet they get (used to use hairspray but eventually wet weather and hauling on the bars would loosen them).
    On that point ESIs may have an advantage if window cleaner gets them off. Do they stay fixed in the wet?

jameso

Gee, I have 2 pairs you can have but both are used – very snug fit on a bar and logos not worn off but not as new sorry.

slinkybike
    Free Member

I am biased as he is a local but good grips, may be a little hard to get in the uk.

http://ozriders.com.au/site/?page_id=12

drain

The Ritchey foam grips are also very good.

Gee76
    Free Member

Aye tis funny how hairspray eventually gives out. Never when I’m due to do some bar shuffling tho. Then they’re a pig. Might keep the spray glue as last resort… sounds quite comitted when it comes to removal.

Ta for the link danw, they look spot on, not fussed about logos, just a snug fit req’d here.

Bit torn now…. As long as yours aren’t chewed at ends can I take yours jameso?

Gee76
    Free Member

aye think I’ve seen oz’s mentioned over on weightweenies. Look sharp and not unlike the Ritcheys. I hear the ritcheys are a bit softer and can twist off n soak in water a bit. Any truth in that?

jameso

Sure, PM your address over and they can go out next time I’m in town.

Gee76
    Free Member

Cheers jameso, on ab Ikea mission at mo, will get in touch this eves.

G

drain

The Ritcheys are squishier than the KCNC ones, so they do absorb water a bit – but they also absorb the shock better! I’ve had some that never shift whereas others have needed a few re-squirts of hairspray to get them to stick properly.

Gee76
    Free Member

Cheers drain, will bare them in mind but may well try esi’s next… If I have to get all modern n move on from foam.

Bloomin windowlene failed me too when I checked tonight. Current grips musts got baggy. Will keep trying but I think jameso is kindly sorting me out. Thanks again jameso;). Have mailed you btw.

Ta G

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Titec Pork Rinds Anywhere??? or good alternatives???’ is closed to new replies.