Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • "Titanium doesn't break" – amusing video interview content
  • mulacs

[video]https://youtu.be/3YzxdF4sqqQ[/video]

Haaaaaah haaaaahahahaaaaahaha. Oh dear.

Steve Tilford being interviewed for Park Tool’s Tech Tuesday. 1’40” in.

Sigh. I suppose this is the difference between sponsored / ‘factory’ riders and the gear they get to ride and the garbage that the rest of us foolishly invest money in, in the belief that ‘it doesn’t break’.
    What planet etc etc …

jimjam
    Free Member

A retired/masters rider endorsing something he gets given for free. Stop the press.

m360
    Free Member

So are you saying it does break? Or do you have a different point? ’cause it ain’t that clear what it is…

scotroutes

He’s not sponsored by Lynskey then? (I haven’t viewed the video)

dirtyrider
    Free Member

^^ Erikkson

allthepies
    Free Member

Well I’ve got a broken Ti frame at home. I don’t believe I’m alone in this regard 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

On the other hand, still prefers 8 speed , and 26″ wheels, hardly “on message” for the industry is he?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

He’s GW. Where do I get my £5?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Whoever he is, he’s not that bright.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Whoever he is

Steve Tilford

He’s GW. Where do I get my £5?

At least unlike GW he’s got the trophy cabinet to back it up.

davidisaacs
    Free Member

I have had aluminium, steel, and titanium framed bikes, and the worst frame failure was on the titanium frame (Rock Lobster), and where it failed on the top tube near the head set it is VERY difficult or impossible to repair. I thought ti frames were super tough frames for life, but not now, plus if they do fail they are difficult to repair.

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

But it was a rock lobster where it square tubing was used on the front triangle therefore inherently weaker tube shape.
    That frame should never of made the market imo, hideous design.

bol

Everything breaks sometimes. That said, I smashed my Soda into a height restriction barrier. The fork broke, the roofrack broke and the car broke but the frame was fine.

downshep

He’s right about 8 speed tho’

Best compromise of gear options and reliability by a mile….

haggis1978

You cant compare Rock Lobster and Lynskey frames to a Kent Eriksen. Best Ti frames on the planet and if any Ti frame is not going to break then its one of these.

Do you compare On-Ones’ or Genesis frames to the likes of a DeKerf, Independent Fabrication or Seven?

However……..Ive said it before on other Ti threads and i’ll say it again. Titanium got the reputation for being unbreakable 25 years ago. We’re riding routes which are a LOT more technical than BITD. Bikes take a lot more abuse than BITD.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘"Titanium doesn't break" – amusing video interview content’ is closed to new replies.