Viewing 30 posts - 81 through 110 (of 110 total)
  • titanium 29ers
  • Andy

Oh go on then, here’s a couple…

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Oi slapp- stop being a girl and come and keep me company at the back!! (no thats not a euphenism!!)

Ive been super slack of late as ive had a virus or something so a nice bimble or three is in order

takisawa2

Chainslapp…stop it….
    🙂

[Goes off to search Classifieds]

chainslapp
    Free Member

Hey up Pete, hows it going? You not been well then? Ive had a severe case of idleitis of which apparently the only cure is a ride out with you and Tazz. Ive got me prescription so just need to know when I can come and play. 😀

Takisawa2, no probs I will stop now, but if you need a further fix, drop me a reply and I will send you some pics. 🙂

camerone
    Free Member

Can I ask the seasoned 29ers on here a question please.
    I currently have 3 bikes – a Blur LTc , Cove Hummer and a Steel sanderson set up SS. i have never tried a 29er.

I hardly use the Hummer, and that previous post of the Canfield Nimble 9 resulted in last night researching on tinternet. I am tempted to trade the Hummer and get a Nimble 9.

Question is can 26 and 29ers co-exist , or will I want to change the other 26ers too. if so i dare not try 29 as i cannot afford it!!!

hope this makes sense – the NImble 9 looks like a hardcore ish hardtail with flickable handling and the apparent benefits of rolling, grip etc of 29er.

tazzymtb

most 29er riders I know also have a 26″ or two lurking about in their collection. That’s the joy of bikes, have different things for different jobs/moods.

having said that my collection is now made up entirely of big wheel singlespeeds in various guises, but I’m a pervert

singlespeeddan
    Free Member

but I’m a pervert

This however has nothing to do with your collection of singlespeeds does it? I’ve seen the way you flirt with Stu. 😀

Smuzzy
    Free Member

Go on then

Keef
    Free Member

wot Taz sed,but without the perv bit here……

Keef
    Free Member

ok,ok,sorry,yes I know…..

tazzymtb

This however has nothing to do with your collection of singlespeeds does it?

does have something to do with my choice of super firm racing saddles and a rigid singlespeed though, it wouldn’t the first time someone wears tight fitting lycra clothing to get a battering on the bottom cheeks.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

chainslapp I’m on the road to recovery from a major knee and lower leg dislocation, back biking for this first time this week 😀

That’s why I’d like a 29er Ti frame as a keeper, but saying that the Swift is perfect really, just really like the raw finish of Ti bikes plus it will match my Zesty

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Here’s mine

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Ive now got the lynskey 29er for ss duties and Tazzy is building up a cotic soul for my gearie lazy boy days (and hopefully it will be a bit of fun in the handling stakes as well) as tazz says different bikes for different riding- its all good

tazzymtb

Tazzy is building smashing together bits with a rock and all the mechanical sympathy of a chimp on PCP for a cotic soul

pop-larkin
    Free Member

❗ 👿

Smuzzy
    Free Member

Pop, you still got my old 456 Ti? miss that frame 🙁

epicyclo

tazzymtb – Member
    will be collectin some steel contraption with some common surname on it what rhymes with phones in the mornin…

Mmmm, keeping up with the Smiths?

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Is it a diamond dogs, or a space oddity 😀

tazzymtb

futon I’ll put some pics up once I’ve made it bootiful tomorrow, will be odd to go from a frame n ti truss fork combo that rides very like a groans to a pukka bearded shed creation (albeit via a welding shop in taiwan)

gee
    Free Member

Smuzzy – how do you find those forks? Have you use them a lot? Are the stanchions wearing? Any bushing play? Used them in the wet?

GB

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

I hope you have a fat front for it…….

tazzymtb

futon, nope that’s just for attention whores and I’m far too shy and retiring to join the “look at my stiff bulbous frontage” brigade

Smuzzy
    Free Member

Gee, got the forks off the classifieds here, had them about a year now and they have been fine, been used in all weathers, no clunking or stanchion wear. I have to admit to being nervous about then and ready to swap to fox or rebas, but they have been fine, ….. so far, look lovely too, watch them fall apart like a cheap watch tomorrow!!!

gee
    Free Member

Hmm… Quite tempted now…

Smuzzy
    Free Member

Not sure you can get them now, I’d never seen them before, I think they may have been OEM kit on some bike rather than retailed on their own. They are as light as XC forks, but tagged as “All Mountain”.

tazzymtb

you can still find the DTswiss forks now and then as new old stock, picto from this forum has some on his 29er obed and rather likes them as well. they do look pimp as chuff.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

smuzzy- no it went a year ago- always felt a little too small – sciencofficer had it off me- i think he was trying to sell it recently.

Love your new bike by the way- looks proper bling- Im running an older pro29er at the moment- love it!

Sam

Singular Pegasus if you can find one second hand or persuade Sam to get more made………….If you are reading, Sam, any plans for any more?

There are a couple of second hand ones floating around – I know Filip in Belgium is selling his if it’s not already sold.

I do have intentions to bring the Pegasus back, but it won’t be until next summer at the earliest.

ronburgundy

Lynskey Pro 29. Lovely.

[/url]
    Pro 29 Side by sodaandy, on Flickr[/img]

Viewing 30 posts - 81 through 110 (of 110 total)

The topic ‘titanium 29ers’ is closed to new replies.