Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • Tit of the week award…..
  • allthepies
    Free Member

I reckon he’s in for some “banter” at pub kicking out time 🙂

IanMunro
    Free Member

I imagine it will be like the Berlin airlift all over again with plucky brits launching half eaten kebabs over the ring of steel to keep him going. 😀

bowglie

That’s a picture to make a mother proud.

LOL – maybe it’s my specs, but doesn’t he look a bit like Karl Pilkington?

[/quote]I reckon he’s in for some “banter” at pub kicking out time

Hee heee…just a bit! This is one of the few times I wished I was living back in Brum and spending a night out on the town.

project
    Free Member

On the bham newspapers website his car has just been realeased from the tow truck.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/live-updates-bennetts-hill-parking-8327946

The power of shaming him on Singletrack forum worked.

northernmatt

Booo! They should have just left him there all night.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

I parked in the disabled bay at Waitress once, I was just nipping in so it was OK, then as I came back to the car some snooty bitch said “you don’t look disabled to me” to which I replied “I’ll have you know I am, I’ve got Tourettes…now **** off you ****”

wilburt
    Free Member

If I owned the tow truck I would want an hourly rate.

kennyp
    Free Member

I parked in the disabled bay at Waitress once, I was just nipping in so it was OK, then as I came back to the car some snooty bitch said “you don’t look disabled to me” to which I replied “I’ll have you know I am, I’ve got Tourettes…now **** off you ****”

Wow, you are such a cool guy.

Oh, and as you obviously aren’t the brightest of people, I’m actually being sarcastic there.

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

It’s true you know, learning disabilities aren’t as obvious as you would think

Junkyard
    Free Member

I was just nipping in so it was OK,

Yes everyone knows this is what the disabled sign means and parking there in no way at all makes you look a ****.

convert

Kind of hoping this is a joke (for folk with an odd sense of humour).

zippykona

I once reported someone who fraudulently uses a disabled badge. I was informed that they couldn’t do anything as he may have a disability that is not apparent. ” Such as” I asked. “He might be blind ” was the answer. At that point I gave up.

mintimperial

Wow. What a prick.

Cougar

According to a mate,

Seems he’s the founder of a “Beat the Bailiffs and Banks” civil liberties bloke, so basically he’s done it at Christmas in a busy town to be a knob.

Second item on that website is ‘how to fraudulently avoid paying your TV licence.’

Cougar
    aracer
    Free Member

Fixed:

timba
    Free Member

Parked there. Penalty issued
    Recovery attends to free the space for someone who needs it
    He attends to move his car to free the space for someone who needs it
    So, let’s free the space (and the single yellow line) for someone who needs it rather than turn the whole thing into a seven hour time and money-waster
    Pursue the penalty / recovery callout fee, etc later. It’s not like there isn’t any evidence

trambler

Should have taken it to the crusher with him still in it and called his bluff? Probably illegal though, there’s no fun anymore.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I guess the BBC report has been updated, seems he genuinely believed (he says) the 8hr thing, kind of admire his resolve.

But he parks in disabled spaces so is a knob.

Cougar – Moderator
    Out of interest, where’s the tow truck parked?

Was that a joke or a really stupid attempt at being clever?

Cougar

Neither, I was just curious as to whether in response to a car being parked in a disabled space where, “…this driver’s actions have taken a much-needed space out of action for disabled visitors to the city for an entire morning” they’d parked a recovery truck in a disabled bay for nine hours.

falkirk-mark

Rusty I found your joke funny, too many on here with a sense of humour bypass, must be the time of year.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I once reported someone who fraudulently uses a disabled badge. I was informed that they couldn’t do anything as he may have a disability that is not apparent. ” Such as” I asked. “He might be blind ” was the answer. At that point I gave up.

At the exit barrier on a car park I used to use, instructions to open the barrier were written in print and braille.
    Which explains a lot about some of the standard of driving round here

bikebouy
    Free Member

Is he still there ?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator
    Neither, I was just curious as to whether in response to a car being parked in a disabled space where, “…this driver’s actions have taken a much-needed space out of action for disabled visitors to the city for an entire morning” they’d parked a recovery truck in a disabled bay for nine hours.

Do you think they had a choice?

Cougar

Do you think they had a choice?

Do you think they didn’t? They demonstrably had a choice, otherwise they wouldn’t have given in and let him back down again.

Doesn’t really answer my question, anyway. If the bay is important enough to fine him £75 for 15 minutes, it’s surely important enough not to leave a tow truck there for nine hours. Assuming that’s what they did, anyway.

The only justification for towing away a vehicle is to remove it from a place where it’s causing an obstruction. If the driver’s turned up, he can do that fairly readily. So steadfastly refusing to allow him to do so for nine hours is just spiteful and counter-productive.

That said, from everything I’ve read he does seem to be a throbber who was doing it specifically to antagonise them so I’ve little sympathy for him. It just seems that the council have played into his hands by giving him publicity, and defeated the whole purpose of the exercise if they’ve been sat there in the parking bay they’re supposed to be enforcing. When do we hear from poor Mr Smith who had to walk a mile with his bad feet because there were no free disabled bays?

thegreatape
    Free Member

He should stick to magic cookery or whatever he does at that Fat Duck place.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

The tow truck was on a single yellow, so they did free up the space.
    Apparently, the guy is now going to sue the council, for loss of earnings…

Cougar

Ah, fair enough then.

Apparently, the guy is now going to sue the council, for loss of earnings…

Eh?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Apparently, he doesn’t need a disabled badge, he has a non-conformist badge
    tit

Cougar

Wait up.

According to that link,

Mr O’Driscoll parked his Kia Sportage on a single yellow line outside his city centre flat

“I have parked on this road since I lived in the city centre and it has never been a problem before.”

So… he wasn’t in a disabled bay in the first place, he was partially on single yellows? That’s not what the original link said.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Cougar, read the link. Mr O’Driscoll is a separate case. This bellend is called Matthew Sanders. Reading between the lines, I reckon there’s a long history of being an idiot.

Cougar

Ah! Sorry, I wasn’t paying attention. As you were. (-:

cynic-al
    Free Member

Cougar my point was they can’t just let the guy get off with it, but I bet you’ll find a way to disagree with that.

hora
    Free Member

No fasthaggis he’s one of you. Probably also a SNP nut too no doubt.

crankboy
    Free Member

Why did they not just move off and bill him then crush the car if he did not pay?

Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘Tit of the week award…..’ is closed to new replies.