Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Tire Sealant…
  • xc-steve
    Free Member

Does it need some time to dry out?

Been pumping my tire up, find the hole then get the sealant to do its job, then re-pump it up to a higher pressure and the hole blows again… do I need to let it solidify at all or am I just being special?

allankelly

How old is it? The gritty bits in it should aid the gumming up. But if it's old then this won't work so well. But really, just pop it off, clean the back of the hole and pop a normal patch on the inside. Works a treat because the pressure is pushing the patch onto the tyre.

Cheers, al.

peteimpreza

What is a tire?

Are you talking about the black rubber things we put on our wheels?

Then please spell it correctly. TYRE

xc-steve
    Free Member

oh yeah thanks Pete make you feel big and clever?!

The sealant is brand new! I would put a patch on it but doesn't that defeat the whole idea of putting sealant in, in the first place?

xc-steve
    Free Member

defiantly didn't type cleaver by accident then either….

carlphillips
    Free Member

hi steve its carl,

surely it should just hold? wierdness?

oh yeah sorry i missed the tues nite ride i was ill, need to discuss the whereabouts of "wizards cuff" with you

mail in profile if you could google earth it for me..

Northwind

I had a couple of wee cuts that wouldn't seal- they'd hold air at 35psi but as soon as I rode over a lump, they'd blow out again. Not sure why, it's not happened with any of the other cuts or punctures I've had. I just patched them internally in the end.

xc-steve
    Free Member

Yeah it seems that this is the case! Boo! Hey Carl! Yeah didn't miss out on much was rather wet and I had a puncture… boo! Also I lost my bottle couldn't ride for toffee

MidLifeCyclist
    Free Member

Which sealant are you using?

The Wheel Milk that I'm currently using has recently let me down on a number of occasions.

Even in-and-out thorns have left me with sealant spurting out all over the place. I've had to get off the bike and rotate the wheel so that the puncture is pointing downwards and also have had to let air out of the valve before the sealant stops pouring out. I've then had to wait for about 5 mins before re-inflating.

I never had this problem when using Joe's.

So it's back to Joe's for me.

Cheers

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Tire Sealant…’ is closed to new replies.