Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • tips on recovering a stolen bike
  • jairaj

I just discovered last night one of my bikes has gone missing from the communal cupboards in the block of flats where I live. Went last night to fetch it, so I could swap the tyres on it and it wasn’t there. 🙁

It wasn’t my main bike so I hadn’t touched it for about 4 weeks. So could’ve been taken at any time since then. The cupboard door and lock have no markings or signs of forced entry. I’ve put a notice up in case any of the neighbours saw anything or have any info.

I don’t know when in the last 4 weeks it went missing. There isn’t any CCTV that I know of in area. Is there any point informing the police? Surely they don’t have enough information to do anything about it?

Other than looking on Ebay or Gumtree, is there anywhere else I should search to see if someone is trying to sell it on? Or anything else I can do to try and recover it?

cloudnine
    Free Member

Report it stolen to the police

asbrooks

Check out null

It searches more of the adverts on some of other sites too.
    I found mine using the site.

jambalaya
    Free Member

What are you going to do when you find it ?

Report it stolen and claim on the insurance if you can

gonzy
    Free Member

check your local cash converter/generator stores. also keep a look out on pinkbike and there are quite a few bike buy and sell groups on facebook.
    report it as stolen to the police even if its not insured, that way if you do manage to track it down you’ll be in a stronger position to getting it back.
    just make sure you still have all the evidence to prove you are the owner. sales receipts are the best but if not timestamped photos of you and the bike will prove that you owned the bike prior to the theft

out of curiosity what bike was it?

jairaj

What are you going to do when you find it ?

If I found it, I was planning on telling the police so they could recover it. I didn’t want to bother them when I have next no information about when it was taken.

But I will report it to the police so at least they have a log of it.

It was a Saracen Zen 631 from ~2010. Black anodized frame, RS Revaltions U-turn forks, gold FSA headset and gold Hope hubs, with a mix of old XT and SLX components. I stored it without a seat post too.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘tips on recovering a stolen bike’ is closed to new replies.