Home Forums Chat Forum Tips on getting rid of Athlete's Foot – fast

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Tips on getting rid of Athlete's Foot – fast
  • buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

More on the chiropody theme [http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/tips-on-getting-shot-of-verukas-fast]

How do I shift my Athlete's Foot I've has for 3 months and unsuccessfully treated with Daktarin and Lamasil?

Doc prescribed me with a course of anti-biotics to clear up what I thought was a hard to shift dose athlete's foot but was actually a fungal infection. Can't remember what the pills were called, but they worked a treat.

enfht
    Free Member

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

:-D

poppa
    Free Member

Use the over the counter products, but the most important thing to keep it away is to keep your feet well ventilated. As soon as you get the chance take your shoes (and preferably socks) off when you get home from work, spend as much time like this as possible. At work, try to wear breathable shoes if possible with breathable socks. Try to avoid your feet ever feeling hot/sweaty – this is when you get athletes foot.

woody2000

WASH-DRY-TREAT and regularly. Change your socks more often than you normally would and leave shoes/socks off if you can. It's a fungus that loves damp spots, so removing the damp is big thing. Keep up with the treatment after the symptoms have gone, for about a week.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Canesten athletes foot cream 3 times a day. That and religious foot washing and drying as often as possible, fresh socks when you get home from work etc, fresh towels and fannels more often etc.

Just don't give it a chance…

Spongebob
    Free Member

Mike at dialed bikes…isn't athelete's foot a fungal infection?

Just remembered, the pills were called Terbinafine.

Spongebob
    Free Member

Someone told me ureaic acid does the trick

toons
    Free Member

Have you tried Lamasil Once, its different to normal Lamasil?

GaryLake
    Free Member

I found Lamasil once to be a bit crap personally.

Keva
    Free Member

what are you wearing on your feet all day ? Might be that an old pair of trainers you like wearing are carrying it. <holds nose>

tails
    Free Member

i used boots dual action athletes foot spray cleared up in week and a bit also when at home just wear sandals no socks or trainers etc

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I find not wearing socks and shoes at all (except when riding) quite effective :-)

coffeeking
    Free Member

Depends on your level of infection I suppose
    This probably wont take much clearing up…

But this probably will…

Kramer
    Free Member

Never wear the same footwear two days running, shoes need at least 24 hours off your feet to dry out.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Some good suggestions here

Very much like the first pic, but not flaky – just red. It's been very stubborn tho and I wash, dry and treat twice daily.

I mostly wear shoes and socks – I have worn sandals for a period but that seemed to make it worse looking.

I'll try the lamas pill (once), then move on to hassling my GP for the turbofan. After that, it's the guillotine.

backhander
    Free Member

We used to be issued something called tinaderm (sp?) Worked almost instantly every time. Seems difficult to find now. Sorry-that wasn't very helpful was it?

Flaperon

*VOMITS COPIOUSLY*

Anyone got a bucket?

woodsman
    Free Member

wear sandles/flip flops as much as poss until cleared – worked for me

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

??

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I think the problem may be that my feet are often damp:

From cycling
    From fitness classes
    From wearing sandals in our damp climate
    From perspiring in our stuffy office

:-(

tyger
    Free Member

Best thing that works really well are Steri-swabs, small alcohol wipes which kill the infection. Use after taking a warm bath and drying the toes well (with tissue) then apply the swab (it will sting) then leave the foot uncovered throughout the night.

Alternatively I have heard of some people allowing their dogs to lick their toes as the dog's saliva has an enzyme which kills the fungal infection.

chemister

Most of the above posts rightish, its a fungal infection that needs to be treated with an antifungal…thats the rocket science! Feet hygiene important, I'd recommend daktarin or canestan cream twice daily plus a spray- Daktarin into shoes & socks.
    keep treating for at least a week after skin back to normal to prevent reinfection, its a bugger for coming back again.

genesis
    Free Member

I let my parents dog lick my puss laden ingrowing toenail once, clerared it up a treat!

Chef's arse is very similar to athlete's foot but much harder to shift!

john_drummer
    Free Member

Someone told me ureaic acid does the trick

yeah, great. Athlete's Foot or Gout, your choice. speaking from experience, I'd take the former any day

chemister

Gout excruciating! atheletes foot piece of p*ss in comparison. Think some confusion between uric acid & urea. urea used as a moisturizer,also has anti-fungal action & is a body waste product in urine… so logical pee on your toes!!

martinxyz
    Free Member

just plug yer toes up the dogs arse.. its all going to add up to the same treatment if you let it lick yer toes.

geoffj

Good foot hygiene, Birckenstocks in the house and Tea Tree Oil work for me.

G
    Free Member

12 Bore with 00 guage shot ….. instant result, alternativly a date with the uber fit lass in the office tends to turn up the "sort out embaressing bodily infections O'meter" fairly well.

stoney
    Free Member

Lamisil here!. Keep feet clean n dry and change socks regular! This sorted mine in 1 week.

coffeeking
    Free Member

AFAIK the forces used to recommend peeing on your toes in the shower or while washing "in the field" to avoid developing AF. Not sure they do anymore.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Seriously.. wee on your feet (in the shower). :? Sounds crazy, but it works!
    … and now I know why! (urea is anti-fungal)

I'm sure there's other good antibiotic stuff in wee too – I saw something about it on TV once (must be true).

martinxyz
    Free Member

thats pure pish.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Tips on getting rid of Athlete's Foot – fast’ is closed to new replies.