Home Forums Bike Forum Time Atac Roc Pedals – Cleats which way 13 or 17 degrees release??

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Time Atac Roc Pedals – Cleats which way 13 or 17 degrees release??
  • Jackass123456789
    Free Member

What are people running? used SPDs and Crank Bro’s before, any preference?

Oh these are going to be used on my commuter.

matthewlhome
    Free Member

i have used time pedals for years and only ever used them with the G cleat on the left. i think that’s 13 deg.

I dont know if i could twist my feet enough to get out with the increased angle!

rootes1

the ‘race’ setting does require quite an extreme twist to release.. but is super attached.

for commuter i use single side SPD:

though I use Time atac on mtb..i prefer them to SPD might try the single sided commuter version:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=52364

uplink
    Free Member

i have used time pedals for years and only ever used them with the G cleat on the left. i think that’s 13 deg.

G as in gauche, the right one being D as in droite [bloody French 😉 ]

I have some cleats with a star on which IIRC – if you put that on the right it gives you the least amount of float

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

I tried both in the end and TBH my hips / legs / ankles don’t twist well enough to use the 17 degree setting. 13 seems plenty.

I went for the Roc Atac’s as I had some one sided ones and struggled to clip in quickly and my route to work involves one very busy roundabout and I could get the speed away if I end up uncliping.

I always liked my Crank Bro’s ones I used to run on my MTB but didn’t like the build quality. So I thought why not get the Atac’s, then when I want to run them on my MTB as well I can.

Thanks for the comments.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Time Atac Roc Pedals – Cleats which way 13 or 17 degrees release??’ is closed to new replies.