Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Tiltshift movies.
  • WTF
    Free Member

Not sure if any tiltshift pics have been posted on here but this is even better.

Example pic….

Movies…..

http://vimeo.com/3156959

eth3er
    Free Member

I’ve discovered something new and interesting on STW. hoorah. thanks.

trickydisco
    Free Member
    MrSmith
    Free Member

funny how they are called tilt shift but the shift is often not used as the verticals are still converging in a lot of the images

GrahamS

That is amazing!
    I’ve seen the photos before and been impressed, but that movie was brilliant. He got the motion just right, especially the helicopter bobbling about like it was on a bit of thread.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Sorr, just back from the pub and read the title as titshift. Feeling slightly let down now.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Now i’ve watched it rather than looked at the title I don’t feel so disapointed 🙂

Lardy_biker
    Free Member

Check slinkachu’s work on google. His tiltshift photos are starting to sell for cash now.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Any chance someone could explain what the bejesus is going on?

colande
    Free Member

wow brilliant
    was gonna post up a tilt shift pic on rudeboys photoshop thread,
    but I didnt have a good one to show.

been waiting to see a tiltshift vid
    cheers WTF for posting that 1 up

will
    Free Member

Disco – Thanks so much for that!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

tiltshift is trick you can do with view cameras (i.e. the old skool ones with the lens and plate attatched by bellows)

tilt and shift are two different things (but often used together) one is to keep parralel lines parralel (tall buildings, raillways etc) thus removing the sense of prerspective. The second is to alter the focal plane so that is passes through a smaller part of the subject or brings the whole thing into focus.

MrSmith
    Free Member

tall buildings, raillways etc

i fully understand how they work straightening tall buildings when the camera isn’t horizontal but how do they make railway lines parallel?

GrahamS

Doesn’t have to be old school view cameras. Nikon have been making tilt-shift lenses for 35mm SLRs since 1967.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilt-shift_photography
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilt-shift_miniature_faking

colande
    Free Member
    richpips
    Free Member

Those movies must have required a lot of work.

richpips
    Free Member

i fully understand how they work straightening tall buildings when the camera isn’t horizontal but how do they make railway lines parallel?

Shooting portrait.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Shooting portrait.

so how is shooting portrait going to help straighten railway lines so they are parallel. if i was to wander down to the level crossing and point my camera down the railway line and shift the full 11mm of vertical shift it’s going to do very little.
    if you could get nearly overhead of the railway lines all shifting would do is move your crop if you and your camera are parallel to the lines everything is square. if your camera is pointing to the side so that the rails look further apart on one side of the image you need to swing the film plane to ‘distort’ the image back to square and tilt the lens to regain focus (because moving the film plane has changed the angle of focus).
    you can’t do this with a 35mm camera and T/S lenses you need a view camera with movements at the film plane as well as at the lens.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon – Member

Thanks for trying mate, but I’m still in the dark. I need more layman’s language in this case as I’m not into photography in the slightest.

Should I get my coat on this thread?

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

I must be missing something here.

The photo is focused at one point and blurry around the edges. Why is this clever?

miketually
    Free Member

The photo is focused at one point and blurry around the edges. Why is this clever?

It makes it look like a model.

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Oh

I guess that excites photographers then. Thanks for the explanation anyway.

MrSmith
    Free Member

it’s probably intriguing for the visually aware as it looks ‘different’
    photographers aren’t excited by it because they know exactly how it is achieved.

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

It doesn’t look that different, it looks just like a normal photo of a model…

d’oh

😉

eth3er
    Free Member

just for Ianmunro

a tit-shift.

rOcKeTdOg

had a play

eth3er
    Free Member

nicely done, do you feel tiny at all?

rOcKeTdOg

andywhit
    Free Member

Don’t quit the day job just yet 😉

avdave2

I think what I like about it is that it really emphasises the way in which photography freezes a moment in time. Looking at that picture rOcKeTdOg I can imagine that those people will forever be trapped in that exact moment of time.

rOcKeTdOg

the limits of tiltshiftmaker.com i’m afraid and the fact i knocked ’em up in 5 mins 😉

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Tiltshift movies.’ is closed to new replies.