Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 190 total)
  • Those photos of Jon Venables….
  • aracer
    Free Member

I am

Junkyard
    Free Member

When you have kids you will know
    i used to view child murders as tragic now I need to dry my eyes when I read of them. Numbers dad was interviews o. Radio 4 this week and I had to stop driving

As for blaming the system for brutalising him you would need to look past what he did before the system dealt with him. More likely it has failed to unbrutalising him tbh.
    To be fist we could argue we never really tried

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Although he is unlikely to have had a ‘normal’ life in custody, I very much doubt he would have been ‘brutalised’ – far too high profile, in my opinion / experience. Sadly, you’ll always get folk baying for blood in cases like this, and to a degree, that’s understandable, considering what happened, but here’s the thing: we don’t have the death sentence in the UK, so why bother with all the ‘this is what should happen’ nonsense ?
    I think, realistically, that the best we can hope for is that whoever carried out risk assessments on him knew what they were doing.

grievoustim
    Free Member

i have 3 kids and I agree with thx

he is right when he says that being a parent does not make your opinion more or less valid

If Venables was brutalised before the murder, then it just makes him another victim. I don;t think locking up a kid was ever the answer.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Is it just me that thinks that thx1138 is the new elfin login?

yossarian
    Free Member

I have 2 kids and agree with thx

Generally comments and opinions supporting vengeance and punitive justice are born out of fear and also ignorance of the issues.

nealglover
    Free Member

Again; what has having/not having kids got to do with this at all?

Your opinion on the matter marks you out as a “non parent”

So he asked if you had kids, for clarification of what he presumed.

Nobody said that answering “no” means you have no right to an opinion, just that it partially explains the opinion that you have.

Some people who are parents will hold the same opinion as you, but not that many.

(I don’t have kids, but I don’t share your opinion)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

No.

nealglover
    Free Member

Generally comments and opinions supporting vengeance and punitive justice are born out of fear and also ignorance of the issues.

It would be equally valid (and just as unprovable) to say

“Generally comments about rehabilitation and cuddle therapy are born out of lack of guts to do whats required, and ignorance of the issues”

teasel
    Free Member

In keeping with recent news this week…

No kids… No say…

nealglover
    Free Member

No.

(And its a crap film too)

RustySpanner

Tom B – Member

Well, apart from the fact that they appear to have a different place of residence, religion, marital status, income and view on absolutely everything under the sun, I can see how you got confused.

Unless of course ‘elfin’ is just code for someone you don’t agree with who won’t shut up when you ask them to.

teasel
    Free Member

Unless of course ‘elfin’ is just code for someone you don’t agree with who won’t shut up when you ask them to.

🙂

Seems that way. But they’re a paranoid lot on these bikey forums…

RustySpanner

Aren’t they just.

And they’re all exactly who they say they are, with just the one log on…….

yossarian
    Free Member

It would be equally valid (and just as unprovable) to say
    “Generally comments about rehabilitation and cuddle therapy are born out of lack of guts to do whats required, and ignorance of the issues”

I don’t think so. Rehabilitation of offenders is proven to reduce the likelihood of reoffending. The death penalty and permanent incarceration are proven to be ineffective forms of deterrent.

Calling it cuddle therapy highlights an ignorance of the issues. Also commenting that rehabilitation somehow indicates a lack of courage highlights an ignorance of the issues.

So to summarise, I don’t think your comment has any relevance to mine whatsoever.

nealglover
    Free Member

So to summarise, I don’t think your comment has any relevance to mine whatsoever

I didn’t say it was relevant (or correct)

I said it was just as valid (and unprovable)

nealglover
    Free Member

And they’re all exactly who they say they are, with just the one log on…….

I am 🙂

tazzymtb

When you have kids you will know
    i used to view child murders as tragic now I need to dry my eyes when I read of them.

junky – you massive hysterical drama queen! 😆

yossarian
    Free Member

I didn’t say it was relevant (or correct)
    I said it was just as valid (and unprovable)

You attempted to draw a parallel between the two statements that doesn’t actually exist. Which makes your comment invalid AND irrelevant. Perfect for a bit of forum stoking though, which seems to be your usual intention, no?

scotroutes

100!!

And you have the data to back up this claim?

Tom-B
    Free Member

Given my username is my first name plus initial then I think that it’s safe to say I’m being open about who I am. thx uses a very similar assertive questioning style as elfin minus the mockney. Ho hum.

RustySpanner

So you’ve reported him to the mods then, seeing as elfin is banned?

nealglover
    Free Member

Do you have any to refute it ?

Edric64
    Free Member

How can the death penalty not be an effective deterrent?Hang him he wont do it again will he?
    Far to many Lord Longford sorts on here.

yossarian
    Free Member

How can the death penalty not be an effective deterrent?Hang him he wont do it again will he?

You are getting deterrent & punishment mixed up I think.

tazzymtb

that is actually a very good point. I mean since the Americans have used the death penalty there hasn’t been a single murder over there has there? 😀

Edric64
    Free Member

I didnt say others wont murder ,and its cheaper than locking them up for 40 years

scotroutes

nealglover – Member – Quote
    Do you have any to refute it ?

I’m not making any claims

scotroutes

Murder is wrong unless it’s the state that carries it out?

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Er, the death penalty isn’t an effective deterrent because WE DON’T HAVE IT HERE.

nealglover
    Free Member

I’m not making any claims

That’s wasn’t what I asked.

I asked if you had anything to refute what I said.

Im perfectly happy with what I said..

but you seemed to take issue with it, so feel free to prove me wrong if you like ?

Otherwise, like I said, I’m happy with it.

kudos100
    Free Member

I’ve had a look at the photos and there is a very good chance it is him.

I don’t really know how I feel about it, part of me wants him to get a savage beating, but then this is probably not the solution!!

Northwind

Correct me if I’m wrong, but is he not currently in jail? Lynch mobs are a pretty bad idea at best but if they can only possibly get the wrong man, that’s not really the best start.

barnsleymitch – Member

Er, the death penalty isn’t an effective deterrent because WE DON’T HAVE IT HERE.

Is the reason it’s not an effective deterrant in the states also because WE DON’T HAVE IT HERE?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Im perfectly happy with what I said..

But you can’t back it up with data. Or can you?

nealglover
    Free Member

But you can’t back it up with data. Or can you?

It’s an opinion.

Im not looking to get it Peer Reviewed and published 🙄

If someone has evidence to prove it wrong, fine.

If not, like I said twice already, I’m happy with my opinion.

aracer
    Free Member

I wonder how many of the jury, judge, social workers etc. involved in the case (the ones it appears thx agrees with – or have I got confused about who holds what opinion on here) have kids?

toys19
    Free Member

lets solve nealglovers lack of data with a little poll.
    Add your names and status below

toys19: has kids, agrees with thx1138
    nealglover: has kids, does not agree with thx1138

nealglover
    Free Member

nealglover: has kids, does not agree with thx1138

Your data is flawed so I reject your findings 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It’s an opinion.

That you can’t back up. And, iirc, stated as if it’s a fact. So fair enough, you stated an opinion, that you can’t back up. Glad we’ve cleared that up.

An “IMO” often helps when making those kind of assertions.

HTH.

nealglover
    Free Member

HTH.

You can hope 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 190 total)

The topic ‘Those photos of Jon Venables….’ is closed to new replies.