Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Those of you who've replaced several MTBs with just one – how's it going?
  • rocketman
    Free Member

Thinking mainly in terms of folk who are riding frequently and have replaced two, three or more similar trail bikes with one do-it-all bike.

Has the change been successful for you or do you still need another bike?

Cheers

iainc

this time last year I went from a 5 and a Rock Lobster 853 to a Soul. Ride once or twice a week, mainly natural stuff. It’s working out well, and I don’t miss the FS. That said I rarely go to trail centres, where it came into its own.

I have had a few occasions I couldn’t ride due waiting new parts etc, but I have a cx bike (and a road bike, and a track bike 🙂 )

treaclesponge
    Free Member

Brilliantly, replaced a Remedy and a Spark with an Epic which I took to Cwmcarn yesterday for its first proper ride (not round the local woods etc) and it was excellent, had all the climbing prowess needed for going up, and sucked up the descents admirably.

Stevelol
    Free Member

I went from 2 bikes; a Covert and an Evil Sovereign to one bike; an SC Blur TRc. The Blur is the best bike for me at the moment, but when it’s poorly it’d certainly be nice to have a 2nd bike so you can at least get out. That’s not an option for me at the moment due to cost & space, but if you can have this setup I’d recommend it.

nickc

Went from Hummer at 120mm and Nicolai Helius FR at 160mm and an Inbred SS

to a Chameleon at 140 and now a Shan at 160mm.

Can’t say I massively miss having to look after 3 bikes, and the Shan is laugh out loud fun. Might be faster might be slower, don’t really care.

rickon
    Free Member

Went down from about 8 bikes to 2, a MTB and a road bike.

a 5Spot and a Giant TCR carbon.

I’ve just bought a 29er Salsa Spearfish. 😉

One bike is fine, and I absolutely love the Spot – but it’s about 30lbs, and I do fancy something a bit lighter for epic days out in the saddle.

I think if you’re only doing one type of riding, then it works fine – but a 30lb bike for 80km rides does tire you out more than something 5lbs lighter.

Even if you have a big poo.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Those of you who've replaced several MTBs with just one – how's it going?’ is closed to new replies.