Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • this will make you laugh
  • nonk
    Free Member

my bloody van has locked me out with the engine running. 🙄

soobalias
    Free Member

bugger.

force the window?

nonk
    Free Member

i am told by the wv tech that i spoke to that the RAC have some “canny swag” that should sort me out.

Shorty121
    Free Member

Can’t help but laugh. Got any spare keys?

nonk
    Free Member

nope. i am 3 hours from home.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Was fully expecting to say “no, it didn’t”.

It didn’t but it did make me smile, sorry. How much blocking of the exhaust does it take to stop an engine? A lot I seem to remember so that might not be in any way practical. AA/RAC always seem to use airbags/wedges to pry back the top corner of the door, bits of wood/prybar/cloth/towels might get you an opening without damage. Turning the key so you can pull it out and unlock it could be tricky though…

EDIT-lucky enough to have electric windows? Might be easier to open a window once you have a gap…

wwaswas

At least it’ll be nice and warm when you do get in it.

nonk
    Free Member

At least it’ll be nice and warm when you do get in it.

this is what i am thinking.

dont like the sound of this door tweaking carry on. bloody hell.

Junkyard
    Free Member

brick and cheapest window to replace

khani
    Free Member

The mrs did this, the man from the AA wedged the door open a couple of inches and used a bit of wire a la coathanger to open the door pull, no damage to the door when he did it either

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Own it with Bombers?

firestarter
    Free Member

my aunt did this and the rac man opened it up with some plastic parcel tie thing and caused no damage

qwerty
    Free Member

coulda been worse, a neighbour of ours leant into their car to start it, car was in gear, lurched forwards, pinned them against their car door and the car next to them = instant death 😯 no one laughed

Tracker1972
    Free Member

How did you get in in the end then? Or is it still warming up?

TheSwede
    Free Member

Except you’ve messed up royal. Light it up then dance around it laughing insanely.

SidKillerest
    Free Member

Is it a VW Caddy van? Have heard of this happening before with them and their Seat version. Most annoying.

bedmaker

My A4 has done this twice. Had to pry open the top of the door as others have said then use a bit of copper brake pipe to press the button on the fob to open.
    There was much cussing and gnashing of teeth 😡

chunkypaul
    Free Member

still waiting for the RAC? 😉

MoreCashThanDash

He’s frozen to death waiting for the man from the RAC……

nonk
    Free Member

Ta for the concern 😀

i got in without the aid of the RAC in the end.i used a painters plastic scraper thing to get me started at the top corner of the door and then used bigger stuff like washing up brush handles untill i could get a bit of wire in the gap.Thanks to tracker for pointing out that i should go for the window switch as this was a fair bit less graft than getting the key fob button would have been.

transporter t5 by the way.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Glad you got in, and I bet you are glad that Singletrackworld is the repository for some of the finest minds on the internet. So, whose idea was it to go for the window again? 😉

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘this will make you laugh’ is closed to new replies.