Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • This recurring creaking pikes issue?
  • mactheknife

Apart from a warranty replacement is there a fix to it. My pikes have had a FAST charger damper fitted along with them being over a year old which i am 99% certain puts them out of warranty.

Normally i can put up with most things but its getting beyond a joke.

Cheers all 🙂

creamegg
    Free Member

Correct me if im wrong but thought RS was 2 years warranty?

Stoner
    Free Member

you could use SOGA instead of warranty to get them dealt with. over a year old, isnt too long to take them beyond the quality of goods threshold IMO.

mactheknife

Ok cool, thanks for that. Ill speak to my LBS and get them to speak to fishers. I just assumed the warranty on forks was 1 year.

I was reading a few threads about this and i was thinking that people were just whining for no reason. Oh i have learned my lesson on that one 🙂

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Mine don’t creak, but they do click a bit on occasion, some days it’s worse than others.

They are borderline out of warranty now, and to be fair, the only RS parts left is the chassis, I’m not sure I could try my luck with Fishers anyway.

I tried ‘the test’ of having the bike upside down with no wheel in & honking on the lower, got a bit of a shock. They sounded awful. I’ll have a hunt for a new CSU and rebuild them I think.

RickDraper
    Free Member

^ probably better value to buy some RC’s from alltricks and have some spare parts.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘This recurring creaking pikes issue?’ is closed to new replies.