Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)
  • this guy is the best rider all round i have ever seen in the flesh
  • jedi
    stuartanicholson
    Free Member

But all his videos are BMX…not so all round then?

jedi

all round in bmx terms.
    he'd blow the world apart if he rode mtb. he is a total genius

mboy
    Free Member

Pretty impressive

Saw Hoffman absolutely dominating at NASS a few years ago, think that's gotta the most memorable ride I've ever witnessed in the flesh.

gamo
    Free Member

agreed! not seen in the flesh but bangers and mash etc are amazing, my son who is 4 has wanted to be mark webb for the last 18 months!!!

RustySpanner

That bit at 50 seconds defies physics.

Just imagine how good he'd be if his jeans didn't cut off the circulation to his legs. 🙂

DrP

I always wondered if the move at 2min was possible. I guess it is!

DrP

BoardinBob

Hmm.

Personally I think Danny MacAskill is more impressive

lyons
    Free Member

Sh1t the bed. He's brilliant.

Trekster

Personally I think Danny MacAskill is more impressive

I saw Danny and Chris Askrigg on the same weekend.
    Danny is not that good 😐

DezB
    Free Member

Makes it all look so easy!

He's from my hometown, Leigh Park. Roit posh area! Great that he can come out of such a sh1thole and be one of the best in the world.

mtbfix

Until he learns the simple art of pulling his trousers up properly his riding skills are marked down in my world view.

adstick
    Free Member

Danny M is good and did well out of a web viral but…

better? You're joking surely, in terms of precision and skill BMX pisses all over most trials stuff.

Never seen a decade to 360. Amazing. All that 360 to icepick stuff is pretty clever too.

Padowan
    Free Member

Good skills, but he does need a belt on those trousers.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Leigh Park = Posh!? irony meter is in the red!!

jedi

he is really nice to ride with too.
    the stuff he does in the video he does all the time!
    you come up with a combo he has never doen and he nails it first go usually

Rorschach
    Free Member

Tech-yes,although arguably Harry Main is close.Street-Nathan Williams,Cory Martinez=no chance,not even close.Trails-less than zero style.Park-Dan Dhers-Maddog.All round riders means Gary Young,Mike Aitken,Dennis Ennerson who can shred ANYTHING.Webby is amazing-but a little one dimentional.And yes I have seen him ride at Corby aswell.
    Allround non bmx-Affy.Easily.

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Skillz agreed but has he got leg strength, cardio etc to be good on a Mtb? 😈

firestarter
    Free Member

i wonder how many stitches and knock-outs it takes to get that good 😉

grumm
    Free Member

The bit at 2:01 is nuts.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Danny M. is good, but I remember watching the viral with a friend who was dead impressed, and thinking, this is like watching Sunday League football, its good if you've never seen football before.

DezB
    Free Member

Is Rorschach's post in some kind of code?

i wonder how many stitches and knock-outs it takes to get that good
    Mentions that a bit here – http://www.bbc.co.uk/hampshire/content/articles/2008/07/23/mark_webb_feature.shtml

chakaping
    Free Member

Amazing. Was great to see him riding in the Dew Cup last year after one of his other homemade vids was posted on here.

I love watching BMX park. It's more spectacular than any other discipline in cycling for me.

scruff
    Free Member

Gary Young's the best cuz he goes dead fast.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Although very impressive, it doesn't really do much for me, I think it's because it's just tricks in a purpose built skate park by some kid with his arse hanging out of his jeans. I'd probably much rather watch vid of Jedi tottering on a log and certainly MacAskill or Akrigg getting creative using an urban landscape or the local woods.

dmiller
    Free Member

I was all for saying something like "that's because you have never seen me ride etc" but damn he is good! That backflip onto the platform – thats v. nice!

dale
    Free Member

It must be the size of his testicles weighing his pants down

myfatherwasawolf
    Free Member

That guys is amazing, those spinning round and landing on the pedal things are great. lots of very technical stuff I don't understand. But I'd rather watch Danny M anyday, just looks so creative and smooth and flowing.

But what do I know, I'm just an early 30s mtber who used to be able to jump a few sets of doubles but now has trouble with high kerbs 😆

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

all rounder? he looks pretty handy at the bmxing but I would like to see him traipsing through a peat bog in the pissing rain for 3 hrs 😉

Bumhands
    Free Member

I think he would be wasted riding anything but BMX.

Amazing.

rob1984p
    Free Member

Youtube is blocked where I am but if this is the one where he rocks up in a turbo'd mk2 Golf it is definitely one of the best shorts i've seen on the web; Brighton ain't ready (which I think is on Pinkbike) is pretty awesome too.

tracknicko
    Free Member

the irony of this is that he aint even the best! oh he's very good don't get me wrong… but BMX is just insane right now.

not to sound too much like a weeny child… but my gosh chase hawk riding trails is still the most epic thing i have seen in my life.

aitken, hawk and brian foster all make me want to cry they are so good.

which is why fitlife is still the best biking dvd in the world. ever. fact.

(i am not 16 i'd like to point out briefly)

Lowelfopinion
    Free Member

Is Rorschach's post in some kind of code?

No, but he was probably foaming at the mouth!

GaryLake
    Free Member

Just got to 2 mins and my thought was "what the hell was that" – even slowing it down by hammering play/pause, I can't quite work it out lol

GaryLake
    Free Member

Is he bar spinning, but going with the bars himself? And then 360ing?

tracknicko
    Free Member

well if you;re into silly tricks…

zaskar
    Free Member

Good at tricks.

All round? is he fast at xc or DH or road then?

RHSno2
    Free Member

Can he make awesome pancakes though?

adstick
    Free Member

All round?

BMX riders who end up riding other types of bikes tend to do quite well…

Tinker Juarez, John Tomac, Nico, Brian Lopes, Anne Caro, Darren Bereclough, Jamie Staff to name a few.

ianv
    Free Member

"BMX riders who end up riding other types of bikes tend to do quite well…" and most of the BMX crossovers that made waves in Mountainbiking were not the best of the best.

I would really love to see someone really good like Mirra, Ruben or Cramner at a slopestyle event.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘this guy is the best rider all round i have ever seen in the flesh’ is closed to new replies.