Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • Things you own, but have never used
  • matt_outandabout

I’ve a built in microwave combi thing. I’ve never ever used the grill or fan grill function.

What do you not use?

johnners
    Free Member

I’ve a down sleeping bag I bought for a Himalayas trek a few years ago. The trip fell through for one reason and another and it’s now looks permanently off the cards for various health reasons.
    I’ve not slept in the thing once and must get round to flogging it!

bearnecessities

I’ve recently bought a popcorn maker, bread machine, fancy grill thing and a stand mixer in Aldi’s black Friday sale.

They’ve not even been delivered, yet here we are knowing the inevitable.

jimw
    Free Member

I bought a set of Thule roof bars and a cycle carrier in 2004 as part of the deal when buying an Audi A3. For various reasons(mostly the car gave me such dreadful backache due to awful suspension) I sold the car before I ever used them. Been sitting in the roof then garage ever since. For some reason I never got round to selling them and they are now missing a few important bits after being moved during our house renovation and are covered in crud.

kilo

I was given a torque wrench for Christmas one year, a decade or so ago, presumably I asked for it, it’s never been out of the box. It was ten years before I got my circular saw out and finally used it, made a shed door which I still haven’t fitted two year later.

ads678

I got something for a bike chain. Looks like a twisted spoke. Had it a few years and it’s still in the packet. I assume I bought it once instead of paying for delivery.

My dad gave me an Elu chop saw about 10 years ago, but it was 110v and he didn’t give me the transformer. I bought a cheap shit b&q one as I needed one quickly. My dad gave me the transformer a couple of years ago but I still just use the cheap b&q chop saw!!

tjagain

I have various kitchen gadgets given to me over the years I have never used.  Highlight is the Jamie Oliver spice crusher shaker thing.  I have a pestle and mortar that does get used

MoreCashThanDash

A brain

ElShalimo

661 knee pads for my new HT in 2011

Got sciatica the day I collected the bike and the pads remain unused.

☹️

MrOvershoot

That’s 2 things we have in common today Matt, never used ours either.

tomhoward

Fire pit in the garden

stevious

Fire extinguishers

bearnecessities

I was given a torque wrench for Christmas one year, a decade or so ago

Ooh! Cool story inbound – Dad and I would often pop over to Trago Mills and I’d speculate that one day we’d be able to use our phones to see what bargains were in front of our eyes, and quickly look prices sold for on the “computer” internet to turn a quick profit.

And on one of those occasions, the aforementioned down-south retailer was knocking out torque wrenches for….ready?….£1.29! No phone google needed – this was a bargain!

Obviously a misprice and he was just pretending to be impressed at my entrepreneurial skills, but naturally I bought several, turned a tidy profit, but one is still sat there in my shed, totally unused – I’d not sell it for a thousand pounds now.

Dad’s still alive btw, but it reminds me of those times 🙂

Edit: The wrench.

And on topic, I’ve never ridden the ’93 one.

jamiemcf

When we got our oven we had the option of one with a steam function or one with the self cleaning function.

We’ve never used the steam function we would have used the self cleaning function.

You live you learn.

johndoh
    Free Member

A heat gun (received via Freecycle). The vice I got via the same means, however, gets used lots.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Avalanche airbag.
    Probe
    Pieps
    Shovel

Actually, scratch that. We’ve made loads of igloos with the shovels 🙂

sandboy

My dad gave me an Elu chop saw about 10 years ago,

Mine has recently turned 26 years old and has done so much work it’s mind boggling. Only had to replace the belt once and other than new blades has needed no other maintenance. Amazing machine and the most accurate chop saw I’ve ever used.
    I know this completely goes against the subject of this thread but I had to say. Sorry!

tuboflard

Avalanche airbag.
    Probe
    Pieps
    Shovel

Whilst I can understand not using the airbag, I’d hope you’ve used the probe and transceiver at least in practice if not in anger!

Northwind

A waffle maker that I bought while drunk about 20 years ago. Just found it in the cupboard while putting away an omelette maker than I bought while sober but will probably also not use.

dyna-ti

I keep buying Hope kit then not using it and buying more latest Hope kit. Im beginning to fill a box*

*Which I’ll add to the other two boxes I’ve already filled.

Don’t get me started on carpentry tools. I suppose all this points to an obsessive compulsive prob i seem to have 😕

kitebikeski
    Free Member

An electric corkscrew, received as a birthday present. Sits next to some complicated manual one, recieved a few years earlier.
    Simple corkscrew works just fine for me!

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Whilst I can understand not using the airbag, I’d hope you’ve used the probe and transceiver at least in practice if not in anger!

I knew someone would say that. In this case I’m sticking to my guns. I’ve practised with them loads but never used them. 🙂

The airbags have been deployed a few times, obviously at the end of each holiday before we pack for the flight home and also once when the cretinous liftie fool in Italy insisted that the kids didn’t wear their rucksacks on the chairlift, but insisted they take them off and have them on their front.

Cue the handle being caught as he dismounted and chaos as he and his brother were buffeted about by a huge red monster 😂😁

didnthurt

Jet washer bought as a present sat in the garage for a few good year before using it, only used it twice since it’s unboxing a couple of years ago.

Arm warmers and leg warmers, I’ve two pairs of each bought in the sales but never worn any of them. I like the idea of them for longer rides but are a faff in practice.

Racy cut cycling jerseys bought when I was a fair bit lighter, I try them on sometimes just for a laugh and to test the strength limits of lycra.

Low cut socks, bought in the sales and thought would be perfect for the summer. Ankles felt incredibly exposed in reality. Ended up being used a rags.

As for the Hope kit, do you happen to have a 1 1/8″ aheadset for sale?

I’m building up a 26″ bike for my daughter and the headset fitted has seen better days.

chewkw
    Free Member

I have a cast iron “turbo” wok burner together with a very nice wok that I have never used.

I wanted to use it for street food but never got the time to try them.

northernmatt

A burger press bought on a whim as it was reduced. It’s in the kitchen cupboard of doom with the George Foreman grill, Nutribullet, and Kenwood Chef mixer.

Flaperon

My washing machine has a tiny flap inset into the main door. The idea is that the stray sock you find on the landing after starting the machine can be thrown in while it’s running.

Superficially it sounds like a good idea, but to do this you need to pause the machine… at which point you can just open the door anyway.

Samsung spent more time working on the tune it plays when it finishes than the engineering IMHO. Even the message that should say “Cycle complete” has a spelling mistake in it.

Caher

Not quite never, but only once:
    Cowboy boots bought in Texas
    Wahoo Kickr bought during lockdown – I hate indoor cycling.

gowerboy

My EPIRB (actually it’s a PLB but does the same thing)

branes

Burton Liquid Lounger.

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/burton-liquid-lounger-backpack-chair-110105397

Bought on sale of course sometime in the early 00s, thought I’d use at festivals, in the park etc.

I don’t remember it ever leaving the house. All quite predictable in hindsight.

mboy
    Free Member

I actually don’t know where to start, other than commending northwind on his unpredictability on the previous comment…

A waffle maker that I bought while drunk about 20 years ago. Just found it in the cupboard while putting away an omelette maker than I bought while sober but will probably also not use.

Whoever has the task of clearing out my estate is going to have fun! 🤫😏

ton

had a nice kitchen fitted 15 years ago. never used the dishwasher……not once.
    now used to store our cycle helmets.

vazaha

An EngLit degree.

olly2097
    Free Member

Roof bars and bike carriers for smax.
    Solo folding camping box thingy for Berlingo.
    Outdoor kitchen area built in spring. Never used it. Currently got some tools sat on it.

geomickb
    Free Member

Blizzard blanket.
    Several inner tubes.

alpin
    Free Member

My genes…..

On a more serious note…. Recently got rid of everything I’ve not used in the post decade alongside a load of stuff I didn’t want or never particularity liked…. A bit like Marie Kondo, but without ever having seen an episode.

It’s a good feeling.

Although, having said that… I now recall that there is a load of fishing gear in my old man’s garage that hasn’t been used ever… I got it as a replacement for stiff that was stolen circa 2009… A lot of it I didn’t want and only have because the insurance guy felt bad for me so chucked in a load of stuff to make up for my Univega that wasn’t covered by the insurance.

Bruce

EPIRB and flares for sea kayaking but that’s a positive.

reeksy

The front tyre I put on my motorbike a few weeks ago.

wukfit
    Free Member

Off the top of my head (plus a few things previous posts have reminded me of)

2 paddle boards
    Saw guide for cutting steerers etc.
    Hope shorts (white ones on clearance a few years back)
    Hope top cap and bar bungs in purple
    DMR v11 pedals in orange
    Shimano 4 pot brakes
    Brand x dropper post
    165mm xt cranks and purple oval ring

Is this a stealthy swap shop thread?

reeksy

Oh yeah, fork seal driver. Every time i’ve changed seals i’m able to push them in by hand.

tjagain

fork lockouts on my mtbs.  Never used them

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.