• This topic has 91 replies, 83 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Yak.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 92 total)
  • Things you have won.
  • monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Anyone ever won anything in a competition or a prize of some sorts? Are you “Mr J Jones of Cheltenham” who has won a car or holiday?

Once recieved a Giro Xsar from MBR for letter of the week 😀

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Won some random crap from Wiggle just for buying something from them and being put into a draw which I knew nothing about.

It wasn’t up to much.

cloudnine
    Free Member

I won a caption competition for Surfer mag but they didnt send me the prize because im in the UK. An cheap acoustic guitar on a FB competition. Thats about it.

breadcrumb

I won a 661 Recon helmet last year in the STW Tuesday Treats.

I won a bottle of whisky in a school raffle when I were a nipper, my dad took off me. I’d quite enjoy that now!

kimbers

A copy of the 1986 classic Critters on Betamax, back then a new video cost about 60 quid !

Won the inaugural MBUK readers wives competition, with a poc of my now wife on her bike in Barcelona, after loads of chasing we got some spesh BG gloves, shoes and saddle that she still infrequently uses

andycs

Lupine light, courtesy of Singltrack a few years ago.

stevied
    Free Member

A bike rack.

Jamie
    Free Member

I have won the hearts of many…

…and a Corgi truck when I was 8.

coatesy
    Free Member

A pair of tyres with less tread than ones i’d normally bin. Lot’s of stuff from Cardiff Devils ice hockey-3 game worn shirts (still dripping with sweat), a fully autographed, framed, (and non-sweaty) team shirt, a pair of cinema tickets, and a free season ticket.

fd3chris
    Free Member

I won a new car , a Volvo many moons ago

4130s0ul
    Free Member

I won an Unt t-shirt via MBUK

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Dance competition at a labour party social event (think I was 8 and won a glass bottle of pop) lots of things from here via Twitter and “post big hack cheer up” caption competitions but the best was a Burley Bee trailer from Peak Pedal! That has had loads of use and I would never have bought one otherwise.

richmars

In the late 60’s I won a huge box of Lego from a competition on the back of Kelloggs cornflakes. I still have it.

allthepies
    Free Member

A spacehopper.
    A Yale high security lock cylinder.

🙂

chip
    Free Member

Gold fish , every time the fun fair came to town.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

A Pictionary

lunge

Trip to LegoLand in Denmark about 30 years ago, couldn’t go so got a Lego Airport instead.

Err, that’s about it I think.

organdonor
    Free Member

I once won a 4″ miller bear mascot as 2nd prize in a raffle at Rotherham Utd.
    1st prize was £100 👿
    I am not a Rotherham fan

warpcow
    Free Member

I once got 3 prizes in a row on a claw machine, and one of them was two stuffed Spiderman toys at once! I also won some green Michelin Wild Grippers once, but we don’t talk about that.

RoterStern
    Free Member

I once won a cactus at one MTB event for finishing first!

munrobiker
    Free Member

I won some body armour for “horrific injury of the month” in MBR when I smashed my face in.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Roter Stern – Member
    I once won a cactus at one MTB event for finishing first!

How did you get that home??

MoreCashThanDash

A top spec treadmill from Mens Health.

A day at Millbrook test track when the MR2 Roadster and Celica were being launched. Either the speedo or the claimed top speed of the MR2 was wrong, wasn’t meant to go above 126mph. Ours did, on the speed bowl. We weren’t allowed on the top lane of the speed bowl as Bentley were doing high speed testing and there was a danger we might be rear-ended at 130!

bombjack
    Free Member

I won a space on an Atherton experience day at Antur Stiniog through a twitter comp. It was my first time on an uplift, on a (kind of) XC 5″ travel bike, surrounded by kids on big hits and glorys (I’m 34 and haven’t done a DH race in my life) and it was feckking awesome. Had lunch with Gee and he was genuinely interested in discussing non bike stuff as opposed to what tyres / helmet do you like etc.
    Watching the pros ride in a fun environment was excellent and was the most progressive days riding ive had in over 20 years on a bike.
    The free stash from One industries / 661 wasn’t too bad either 🙂
    All in it was an awesome day and well worth my 4.5 hrs drive each way…

andytherocketeer

£636 on the football pools (for a total outlay of 1 quid per week for a season)

I loathe football

Jamie
    Free Member

I loathe football

Erm…thanks for letting us know?

maximusmountain
    Free Member

I won a surly pugsley at SSUK for breaking and open pro rim with my knee.

SimonR

An exposure joystick from Tuesday Treats 😀

prawny

I won tickets to see Dashboard Confessional in a radio competition, but they never arrived 🙁

irelanst
    Free Member

I won a £1000 on a scratch card on my way to a stag night. In hindsight I maybe should have waited to cash it in, but it was a great night!

I went through a spell of winning loads of competitions on the radio which coincided with a friend being there on work experience.

curvature
    Free Member

Back in the early 90’s I won a set of light wheel skewers in a magazine competition.

Can’t remember what the magazine was but think the skewers may have been Amercian Classics. Very light but they hurt your hands when trying to undo them.

Had them on my Canondale M700, full XT build, Pace RC35 forks, TI bars and other bits.

Sadly the bike got pinched and i don’t even have any pictures of it.

kiwijohn

I won a Race Face chainring in the tuesday treats, but I never got it 🙁

nuke

Won a Millenium Falcon like this…
    …in a Radio Times competition when I was about 12. My brother entered as well and he won one too 8)

cakefacesmallblock

I won a massive box of Lego in a Kellogs Corn Flake competition in 1968.

More recently I ve apparently won something from a man in west Africa, but have yet to email him all my bank details.

offthebrakes
    Free Member

I won a set of lock-on grips just yesterday, for winning an MTB orienteering event.

Of course it’s not about the prize, it’s all about the glory and the acclaim of the throng of spectators. And the groupies.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Bottle of Grouse
    Pair of approach shoes
    Thule Backpack
    3 nights accomodation
    Hamper at the bike club quiz night

thats about it I think

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve won stuff, most of it sailing and windsurfing related though.
    But includes: wetsuits, holidays, trophies, trips on large racing Yachts, gloves, sails yadda yadda.

I’ve won bugger all riding bikes ! 😆

milky1980
    Free Member

£50 of WHSmiths vouchers after filling in a questionnaire on a EuroCamp holiday when I was 10.
    £10 on each of my first 3 lottery tickets, the first 3 balls to drop each time!
    A free weekend’s stay at a nice B&B on the Isle Of Wight after being entered automatically in a draw when I bought the ferry tickets for a long camping weekend.
    A massive box of AutoGlym products at a car show for best car in the car park.
    £1000 after betting on a whim that Brawn and J. Button would win the F1 championships on ’09, £10 on each at 50-1!
    A 661 Recon helmet in a photo competition.

aracer
    Free Member

3000 air miles from a car dealer after I had my car in for a service.

If we’re talking stuff from winning races as some seem to be, then a bike box, a couple of sleeping bags, a tent, some running shoes, a couple of altimeter/watches and lots of gift vouchers for various outdoor shops, with which I’ve bought stuff like a down jacket and a kiddy backpack.

Oh and a few hundred pounds betting that GB would win lots of medals at the 2008 Olympics

woody2000

Won 2 tickets to see Michael Jackson at Wembley in 1992. Despite his subsequent “demise” I still look back on that day as the best gig I’ve ever been to.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘Things you have won.’ is closed to new replies.