Home Forums Chat Forum Things you do out of habit which are utterly pointless

Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)
  • Things you do out of habit which are utterly pointless
  • DrJ

Two curves touching for an x in an equation – triggers a few classes who want to know why I do the funny “x”. I like that!

Cos otherwise it looks like a “times” sign.
    But I noticed that in the US they don’t do that, and it didn’t seem to hold them back.

MoreCashThanDash

I flick my fingers if I fold my arms. Drives MrsMC mad, to the point that she can’t bear to sit with me.

Totally subconscious and only done it the last 6-12 months. It makes things challenging at times.

theotherjonv

Cos otherwise it looks like a “times” sign.

This.

But rather than do the two mirrored c’s, try doing a backwards elongated s and then a straight line through it. Far more satisfying, it’ll change your life.

WildHunter2009

Now don’t laugh as this is admittedly daft. Stairs at home I will almost always go up on all fours, just feels right. Obviously don’t do it in public cos that would be dead awkward.

dyna-ti

I’m another one who feels the urge to count everything.

Group of people, i feel i need to know how many.  Especially if its in a vid or something i have control over, where i can pause the vid and happily count whatever.

At least I now know im not the only oddity doing that.

What a bunch of weirdos

blokeuptheroad

Now don’t laugh as this is admittedly daft.

You reckon? 😂

This thread is great! It’s a cathartic STW weirdness confessional with Father Cougar in the confessional stall. “Bless me Father, I’ve been smearing onion chutney on my bollocks every Friday for the last 6 months”.

slackboy

Shake the gear lever to make sure it’s not in gear before I start the engine.

One car is an automatic and thev other can’t be started unless the clutch is dipped anyway.

jimmy

Whenever in the passenger seat with my mum driving, if she ever needs to brake at anything over casual pressure, she would reach over holding you back at the chest.

My ex did this but it was from her habit to stop her handbag falling off the seat when I wasn’t in it. Not me or my safety, but of course I’d rather she kept her hands on the wheel and eyes on the road.

I’m glad for the magpie chat, it’s a dedicated thread I’ve nearly started before. Ever since someone told me you had to salute a solitary magpie 20+ years ago, I can’t not do it. But what happens if you salute one then see another – is that two singles (double sorrow) or a pair (joy)? I salute the second just in case.

fasthaggis

Talk to the cat.

It does not care

MoreCashThanDash

Bless me Father, I’ve been smearing onion chutney on my bollocks every Friday for the last 6 months

And that’s utterly pointless because……?

blokeuptheroad

And that’s utterly pointless because……?

The dog doesn’t even like onion chutney!

oceanskipper

😂😂😂😂😂

DrJ

I run the cold tap til the water’s cold because I prefer to drink it that way, so that’s perfectly reasonable and not pointless at all.

i do the same thing when I’m filling the kettle. Hmmm

Drac

Ask big hitters now to ruin a thread.

hooli

I run up the stairs at home, 2 at a time. Have done it since I was a kid. No idea why I still do it but I do.

theotherjonv

But what happens if you salute one then see another – is that two singles (double sorrow) or a pair (joy)?

See my earlier answer. Depends on geographical and temporal separation between sightings. One mag in the garden followed by another one a short while after; probably the same one coming back. One seen in the garden and another 20 mins later while out walking the dog – 2 mags. But what if you’d saluted the first one, or had an (unsolicited) co-viewing, to negate the bad luck. Is the second now a new one-er?

Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.