Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • things you can or can't put in a food processor?
  • philconsequence
    Free Member

by the time i get home this evening i should have a food processor…

what can or can’t i put in it?

its 1100watts of pure unadulterated power, so the most important thing to know (obviously) is will it slice through bone?

jam-bo

http://www.willitblend.com/

Everything blends…

fivespot
    Free Member

You can’t get a horse in, but a cat might fit 😆

phil.w
    Free Member

You can’t use it to mash potato. But you can use it to make a potato based glue 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Make sure you take the rubber guard off the blade. Or it doesn’t work properly. I know someone who did that.

RobHilton
    Free Member

You can’t use a spice grinder to turn the knobbles someone’s cut from a wetscream into granules to mix in with your tubeless goop to give it more binding texture, no matter how good an idea you I might think it is.

It’ll ruin the blades and you’ll discover from the sparking that there more to these tyres than just a bit o’ rubber 😳

But I’m yet to try it with a food processor…

allthepies
    Free Member

CG’s dead crow might fit with some pre-hacking.

Mmmm, crow soup with crunchy bits.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You could possibly squeeze a small pheasant in there to make some sausages.

fasthaggis

Blender

Aussie style food prep

RobHilton
    Free Member

What’s green and goes red at the flick of a switch?
    A frog in a blender.

What do you get if you add milk?
    Frog nog!

What happens if you drink frog nog?
    You Croak!

bikebouy
    Free Member

You can’t put Wiminz in the blender but you can put fruit in it.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

what about beetroots ?

footflaps

Except Chuck Norris

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9V-goCaua0[/video]

chilled76
    Free Member

Pretty sure you can use it to blend horse and beef, just be prepared for a media outcry if you do.

philconsequence
    Free Member

i should be being given a venison leg at some point soon…. the million dollar question is can you drink it through a straw?

bikebouy
    Free Member

” beets ” in a blender, yup but cut them into chunks first.
    I par boil mine because some beets are very firm and they make one helluva racket when bouncing over the kitchen work tops, s’peshuly if your work tops is granite like.

philconsequence
    Free Member

i figured for raw veg i’d use the grating bit first, then use the blender bit?

unklehomered
    Free Member

Good for processing red cabbage, infinite amounts of bread crumbs, starting pastry… Babies are an absolute no no. People get really upset.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

thanks bikebuoy I did wonder

thx1138
    Free Member

Everything blends…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rofgMueCOqo[/video]

Serious smoke; don’t breathe this!

😆

molgrips
    Free Member

Annoyingly, you probably won’t be able to crush ice with it, despite it looking just like the ones they use in Starbucks to make frappucinos 🙁

philconsequence
    Free Member

did you not read the 1100watts of pure power bit molly?

it specifically lists ‘ice crushing function’ in the details of various websites selling it.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

willard

Phil, video or we will never believe you.

molgrips
    Free Member

Hmm.

In mine, the bottom of the blender is narrow, and the ice cubes are big, so the cubes form a sort of log jam. The blender then crushes the bottom layer of ice and nothing else since the cubes don’t move around.

The Starbucks ones are very wide at the bottom, this allows for effective agitation of cubes.

So it may be that yours will crush ice if the cubes are sufficiently small to begin with… Let me know how you get on.

Should you want to create an approximation to a Starbucks caramel coffee frappucino (just to annoy the haterz 🙂 ) then use ice, a shot or two of espresso and some vanilla ice cream. If you are a hater you could still do this because it’s really nice. You could also add Baileys.

philconsequence
    Free Member

i’m sure it has the ability to DESTROY ice, but chances are as you suggest, probably only the bottom 3cm of ice 😆

i wont be making any frappychinos as a)we dont have an ice-try, b)we have no means of making an espresso, and c)we dont have enough space in the freezer for ice-cream.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

i wont be making any frappychinos as a)we dont have an ice-try, b)we have no means of making an espresso, and c)we dont have enough space in the freezer for ice-cream.

And d) you don’t want to get fat? 😛

philconsequence
    Free Member

e)we’re not rich enough to own espresso makers, heated wing mirrors, ice-cream or ice.

Alpha1653

If you’re feeling brave, and I mean really brave, google “food for louis” and search for the frozen mice video. It’s revolting but might give you an idea of what a blender can do.

I say again, only watch it if you have a strong stomach.

Harry_the_Spider

Try and blend one of these and post the picture on here.

thx1138
    Free Member

I don’t think that object will blend.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Me neithers..

philconsequence
    Free Member

ahem…. 1100watts of power…..

Harry_the_Spider

molgrips
    Free Member

And d) you don’t want to get fat?

I last made my own frappucino in 2002. I’ve bought 2 or 3 since… 2004 or so.

For a while in 2001 I was drinking about 4 a week. That’s when I was at my lightest, I lost 6kg in about 6 weeks. Go figure, as they say 🙂

a)we dont have an ice-try

Eh? Even my 30 year old caravan fridge has an ice tray!

b)we have no means of making an espresso

A couple of teaspoons of instant works well too.

c)we dont have enough space in the freezer for ice-cream

That is a serious issue.

thx1138
    Free Member

I reckon the kitten would blend easily.

philconsequence
    Free Member

with regards to the whole crushed ice thing… why not put a load of ice in a tea-towel or something similar and smash it against the floor or wall using the swing-as-hard-as-you-can or hammer method, then put it in the blender?

molgrips
    Free Member

That didn’t work very well for me.. it just sat in the blender like slush still, cos it was quite wet by that point.

philconsequence
    Free Member

how many watts is your blender? mines 1100watts dont you know.

molgrips
    Free Member

Dunno, but power wasn’t the issue. It was the geometry of the device.

philconsequence
    Free Member

it might be power…. its always about power 😈

you think starbucks have puny little 500watt things? with enough power you can crush anything, ANYTHING!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘things you can or can't put in a food processor?’ is closed to new replies.