Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Things to do in Tenby area (not so well known stuff)…
  • the-muffin-man

We’re off to Saundersfoot again soon. We’ve been a few times before so have done a lot of the well known stuff.

We’re now looking for less well known parts – secret coves, inland walks, nice villages etc. Stuff that’s off the beaten track.

Also any activities you think are worthwhile!

Ta!

rwamartin
    Free Member

Overhang – Tenby climbing wall. (My son works there so I have an interest, but very good. Wall isn’t massive but the atmosphere is great).

Come up and visit us in the Preseli hills. MTBing to be had. Walks etc.

Llys Y Fran reservoir = ok.

Visit the WW1 practice trenches at Penally.

Beach food at Freshwater West.

Cafe at either Angle or Lawrenny Quay.

Beach/slipway at Black Tar (Llangwm)

Probably plenty more if you want. Just let me know.

Rich.

nostoc
    Free Member

The walk through oak woodland up the estuary from Lawrenny Quay to Garon Pill and back was one of my favourites.

danradyr1
    Free Member

Hermit church in the cliffs at St Govans Head.

Barafundle Bay

globalti
    Free Member

The best sea cliff climbing in Britain is there. Stroll along the cliffs and ask a climber if you can tie on their rope, or get some guiding. The routes are not all for rock jocks.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Bring a road bike and I’ll happily give you a coastal guided ride of back lanes and castles.. (I live near Tenby).
    Monkstone beach is nice. Caldey island if you haven’t been. Barafundle beach and lunch at stackpole Inn. Go for a surfing or sup lesson with outer reef surf school

Kuco

I spent many a childhood on Monkstone beach as we often camped at Trevayne Farm. Loved that place as a child.

lister

In august, if you want quiet then get up into the preselis. Walk to te highest point from Rosebush, a good half day out with a pint in Tacern Sinc at the end.
    Gwt on the upper reaches of the estuary in a canoe or kayak. Get on at high tide and drift down to somewhere else. Cressely quay to pemb dock is a classic with lawrenny half way for lunch.
    Walk or ride the range from stack rocks to Broadhaven south.
    Look for Bullwell Bay. Doesn’t look promising when you see it on a map but it is lovely.
    Get a copy of coast to coast and get on some of the Nat Park walks, they usually do some slightly different things.
    Stackpole walled gardens.
    The rest I’m keeping for us local folk, but to be fair I stick to my garden on a nice day in august, too busy for me!

the-muffin-man

Thanks so far folks.

…and bump for the weekday forumites!

the-muffin-man

Just another thought.

If we were inclined to have a go on some Jet Skis who would be best to go with in the area. Doesn’t have to be Tenby.

I’d be riding one with my daughter as pillion, and my wife on ‘tother.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Things to do in Tenby area (not so well known stuff)…’ is closed to new replies.