Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)
  • Things that you didn't know
  • flip
    Free Member

I didn’t know that Telly Savalas (Kojak) was Jenifer Anistons godfather 😯

But he is/was/is.

Junkyard
    Free Member

david tennant is married to Peter davidsons daughter so the kids have Doctor who as their dad and grandfather – how cool would that be

bearnecessities

The sound of the Raptors in Jurassic Park was actually tortoises having sex.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I don’t know what I don’t know

Junkyard
    Free Member

Apparently you dont know what the past tense of dont is 😀

BigJohn

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RpSv3HjpEw[/video]

5thElefant
    Free Member

Ireland wasn’t part of the UK (despite a geography A-level). That was an odd conversation with an Irish girl in the pub…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Junkyard doesnt know what an apostrophe is.

(I know, I know. Of course its deliberate. Im not stupid, its just the way Im typing today!)

pondo

Francis Ford Coppola and Talia Shire are Nicholas Cage’s uncle and aunt, what with them being brother and sister and all.

Junkyard
    Free Member

he knows’ [ you like that one dont you] he just dont care

zippykona

Taggart was the lead singer from Sweet’s brother.

winston_dog
    Free Member

Ireland wasn’t part of the UK

Amazing for someone who has such strong opinions on how the UK deals with the NI problem. 😯

sweepy
    Free Member

I can see that now you say it 🙂

Shibboleth
    Free Member

The French call their paper clips “Les Trombones”…

Theatrical mice use paperclips as fake trombones when staging Gilbert & Sullivan musicals. They can’t use real ones because it’s a little-known fact that mice can’t actually purse their lips, so they can only play percussion and string instruments.

kimbers

The NSA collects 29 petabytes of data every day from the internet, or a bit more than the experiments at the Large Hadron Collider produce in a year

DezB
    Free Member

Until yesterday, I didn’t know there was “a thing” called Cosplay.
    I’ve stumbled across it twice on the web since yesterday. Disturbing.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I didn’t know my boss can’t make decent tea.
    I do now, and will politely decline the offer in the future.

samuri
    Free Member

You can buy tubs of Swizzels sweets in Laura Ashley which are largely identical to tubs of Swizzels sweets everywhere else except they have a Laura Ashley label inside the tub.

And they cost 8 times as much.

Another thing I learned yesterday is that uncottered, my wife would happily go and buy a number of these tubs.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Ireland was part of the UK

But it isn’t now – bit contraversial though perhaps one to gloss over in conversations with, you know, the Irish

I didn’t know how expensive private dental care is, until yesterday.

Pigface
    Free Member

Lucy Lawless is not the daughter of Blackie Lawless, that was a fun argument with an ex 😆

5thElefant
    Free Member

Amazing for someone who has such strong opinions on how the UK deals with the NI problem

I wasn’t aware I had an opinion either way?

Ireland was part of the UK

I must have missed the bit where they left 😉

wordnumb
    Free Member

I didn’t know that I am in fact omniscient.

midlifecrashes

I didn’t know the numbers on runways were basically the orientation to the nearest 10 degrees, so runway 22 is aligned at 220 degrees on the compass. Looked it up during yesterdays lost cargo plane episode.

edlong
    Free Member

I didn’t know that I am in fact omniscient.

That’s okay, because when you didn’t, you weren’t.

sweepy
    Free Member

Lucy Lawless is not the daughter of Blackie Lawless, that was a fun argument with an ex

Believe it or not, one of the girls I work with insisted that Nick Knowles was the brother of Beyonce

kimbers

there are nearly 100 lost Dr Who episodes

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

I didn’t know the numbers on runways were basically the orientation to the nearest 10 degrees, so runway 22 is aligned at 220 degrees on the compass.

So is it labelled as “runway 4” at the other end?

Rickos
    Free Member

The placement of a donkey’s eyes in its head enables it to see all four feet at all times!

DezB
    Free Member

Today, I have learned of a “game” called Knockout (or Pick em out, Knock em out). Hopefully some bright spark over here doesn’t see it on the ‘net and think it’s a clever idea.

Pigface
    Free Member

Believe it or not, one of the girls I work with insisted that Nick Knowles was the brother of Beyonce

😆

That is better than mine, fantastic 😆

TuckerUK
    Free Member

The French call their paper clips “Les Trombones”…

Theatrical mice use paperclips as fake trombones when staging Gilbert & Sullivan musicals. They can’t use real ones because it’s a little-known fact that mice can’t actually purse their lips, so they can only play percussion and string instruments.

Forget wheels sizes, fork oil viscosity, geartrain parts compatibility, and ghetto tubeless tips, THIS is why I love STW! 😆

Drac

You best take a seat I’ve some bad news. Taggart isn’t real.

dabble
    Free Member

Today, I have learned of a “game” called Knockout (or Pick em out, Knock em out). Hopefully some bright spark over here doesn’t see it on the ‘net and think it’s a clever idea.

Happy Slapping? Get with the times man! 😉

I remember when all this kicked off years ago and they tried blaming it on jackass and cky, but they were doing it to each other, not random folk.

RobHilton
    Free Member

I didn’t know there was “a thing” called Cosplay.

Simultaneously the worst

and best thing ever invented

sweepy
    Free Member

Blimey, I wonder if anyone does Leela off futurama (rubs thighs)

midlifecrashes

I didn’t know the numbers on runways were basically the orientation to the nearest 10 degrees, so runway 22 is aligned at 220 degrees on the compass.

So is it labelled as “runway 4” at the other end?

Yes!,Well, no, 04 actually, but you clearly get the idea.
    It’s in the guide.

jambourgie
    Free Member

I found out recently that the word ‘segue’ is pronounced ‘segway’ and not ‘seeg’ as I’d been pronouncing it for decades.

Also, one of the reasonably-fit girls in the US version of ‘The Office’ is the daughter of Quincy Jones and some woman that used to be in Twin Peaks.

Amazing.

jonahtonto
    Free Member

female ferrets die if they don’t have sex often enough

Pook

Misled.

‘ miss led’ not ‘my zulled’

I don’t know why I ever thought it was

yunki
    Free Member

Jonah Tonto..

I believe the same is also true of female Geordies

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘Things that you didn't know’ is closed to new replies.