Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Thetford Forest
  • paul9961
    Free Member

I’ve never been, but am moving to outside of Huntingdon in the next month from Essex (can’t wait!), so looking forward to some new places/faces to ride with!
    Anyways, is Thetford Forest rideable this time of year or is there somewhere better than this for riding in cambs?

cannondaleking
    Free Member

Thetfords good all year round mate was there the other day dry firm trails 😉

If you want showing round drop me a email its in my profile and check out http://www.timbermtb.org/website/ lots going on in the woods round these parts

richmars

Very rideable, went last Friday. it does get muddy, but drains fairly well. Best way to learn the routes is to do one of the Winter Series races, or at least, watch. Thetford MTB

joemacca51
    Free Member

Black route is a bit of a mess at the moment, with some sections very gloopy.

Timber are working hard on the red route at the moment to make it more sustainable.

Have a look on the timber web page.

grahamt1980

If you are in huntingdon then woburn is just as easy to get to. Straight down the a1 then across the A421.

IMO woburn is far far better than thetford, the only difference being you need to go with someone who knows where the good stuff is, otherwise its a case of getting lucky.

I work up near huntingdon but live in biggleswade, I ride most weeks so can show you some of woburn sometime if you want

Hornet600
    Free Member

Miles of tracks (fire & single) around the forest. Mainly spilt into Brandon / Thetford / Stanton Downham.
    The Brandon side is being felled in areas at the moment, although still lots to ride.
    More than happy to show you round or you can meet us over there for a ride.
    One of the better places to ride in the area. I have some local routes on bridleways that make for a good change to Thetford.

crotchrocket
    Free Member

grahamt1980> I’m also in b/wade. Would you show me round woburn sometime?

email addy in profile.

paul9961
    Free Member

Ah great response, sounds pretty good and rideable. I will definitely take a few of you up on the tour guide offers once I get there too!

grahamt1980

crotchrocket – If you are a member of sillygrin then I reckon you will know most of them, but yeah sure will email you

colournoise

Also got the short but sweet trails up at Wakerley (just west of Peterborough) within 30 minutes drive of Huntingdon, but they are pretty gloopy and not much fun right at the moment.

Didn’t realise there was more to Woburn than just some jumps. It’s reasonably close so may have to add that to my list of places to visit for an explore.

slainte 😀 rob

grahamt1980

Colournoise – To be honest if you know where you are going you will find some amazing trails around there. People have been building them for years. A couple I found recently I mentioned to Tony (Jedi) and he told me they have been riding them for ages (years).

Woburn can get gloopy too, and the bow brickhill side will be damp at the moment, but the trails on the aspley side always seem to drain well.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Thetford Forest’ is closed to new replies.