Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • These "what tyre" threads
  • mildred

am I the only person who buys tyres based on price (cheap as poss) then uses them until they’re shagged, then buys some more based on price?

uwe-r
    Free Member

On this forum thats a silly question.

That’s pretty much what I do, except I’ve got a spare pair of wheels for each bike, so I’ve got a pair of “fast” tyres and a pair of “mud” tyres.

snaps
    Free Member

I often wonder about this, I just scan the sale items for UST tyres, spuddy tread for winter (Hi roller/Ignitor working well for me) faster rolling for summer (Crossmark/Larsen was great last year) check if they’re not to heavy or to fragile, never buy ‘mud’ tyres (hate riding through mud so avoid it as much as possible) & buy them if they are cheap.

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

When I bought a bike off the peg I kept the tyres that came on it, built up another bike…and bought the same tyres as I never had a problem with grip or anything throughout the year and they were pretty cheap. Have some racing ralphs now because they were a birthday present (although again…chucked them on the bike and then used them through summer and winter and they’re still going strong!)

5thElefant
    Free Member

Tyres are what connects you to the ground. The most important part of any vehicle.

I like spending money on tyres. I don’t like spending money on any other component. True of all my cars, motorbikes and bicycles.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

The reason why I have stuck with Maxxis ADvantage is that they seem good for most of my riding and able to cope with the extremes, not brilliantly, but OK. There are times over winter when it’s really quite muddy everywhere when I think about 2.1 Trailrakers…

stumpynya12
    Free Member

Purchase based on price/performance and durability here, same system applys to condom purchasing if it helps.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

like stumpynya I generally use french ticklers, seem to work well in most conditions.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘These "what tyre" threads’ is closed to new replies.