• This topic has 42 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by nickc.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • There is no piss left to take. Our piss reservoirs have run dry.
  • molgrips
    Free Member

A lot of people were scathing, but I think it’s absolute genius.

And the hijacker let him!

bigjim

guy’s a dead set legend, made my day that pic

much as I love a lot of Vice’s content they don’t half publish some terrible writing though, not exactly Hunter S Thompson is it

hairyscary

I cannot help but laugh every time I see it. Absolute star.

Speshpaul

Could only be betterered by a selfie with the security guards that let him and his fake vest on the plane.

grahamt1980

I love it. Total awesome at work

mtbfix

I take it he is being mocked for having his selfie taken with some leering ape in a RL shirt, sleeves rolled up just one turn to show off watch and godawful sunglasses?

Northwind

I love that while lots of people wanted to have an argument about it being dangerous and irresponsible, it instantly degenerated into an internet-wide argument about the definition of a selfie.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Proper LOLs at this, especially the profound discussion on R4’s Today about the social meaning and ramifications etc.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Got to have laugh in the face of death, right?

I think it’s great, I hear the lad has been copping some flak for this? Whyyyyy?

The man should be knighted for that massive shit eating grin and paraded around as a propaganda piece – eg “this is how we feel about terrorism”. I hope some of his friends now call him Cool Hand Ben.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Good lad!
    Loved seeing this..

molgrips
    Free Member

The hijacker is thinking “this is not at all how I imagined this playing out”

pictonroad

Absolute genius, thank you for bringing this to my attention. 😆

CountZero

I’m sure that those who are criticising the loudest are those who would be whimpering in their seats filling their pants.
    This guy really does have humongous cojones, and that has got to be the best shit-eating grin I’ve ever seen!
    “Terrorist bombers; I wave my private parts in your general direction!”

wilburt
    Free Member

Great picture, the whole thing was good tbh.

Is it still a selfie though, if you dont take the picture your.. erm self?

grahamt1980

Everytime I see that pic it makes me laugh, still fantastic

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

It’s not a bloody selfie. Even big fella with the Wallace and Grommit grin’s own Mother can see it’s not a fuffing selfie.

“All we can say is that the picture is clearly not a selfie as everyone has been describing it,” she said. “You can clearly see that it is not Ben who is taking the picture.”

The big eejit’s mother

butcher

It’s the fact that he looks genuinely pleased with himself (despite staring death in the face)! We need more people like this in the World. I think there’d be a few less bombing it.

Never read the article. Did he instagram/twitter it or anything, while on the plane? I mean if you were gonna die, you wouldn’t wanna do it without the entire world witnessing the most amazing photo you’ve ever taken.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Point of order, that’s a ‘picture’ like millions, maybe billions before going back hundreds of years, not a ‘selfie’. It’s bad enough ‘selfie’ has entered the lexicon of the western word, but calling any picture that’s of one or more people a ‘selfie’ is worse.

ninfan
    Free Member

It could only have been topped if he had stuck his fingers in his ears waiting the ‘boom’ 😀

cheekyboy
    Free Member

I take it he is being mocked for having his selfie taken with some leering ape in a RL shirt, sleeves rolled up just one turn to show off watch and godawful sunglasses?

How far are you from the sea ?

hora
    Free Member

On the beeb earlier they were literally calling him an idiot etc.

I say chapeau sir. **** awesome 😀

That took guts.

But tbh did he have a hunch that the hijacker was bluster?

martinhutch

It’s health and safety gone mad!

zippykona

Stiff Upper Lip.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

How far are you from the sea ?

It appears there is still a tiny bit of piss left for the taking. And you just found it. 🙂

DT78
    Free Member

Brilliant. High wizard of banter.

MoreCashThanDash

Not read the story or arguments.

Depends if the photo was taken before or after he knew the vest was a fake? If he already knew, it’s just sad modern day “look at me” internet twataboutery.

If he thought he might die at any moment, then fair play to the guy.

That makes sense in my head, at least.

butcher

On the radio earlier it mentioned that he thought it would be a good opportunity to get a closer look at the guys belt. And by the time he had, he had a good idea it was fake. Good bit of undercover work if you ask me. Cool as a cucumber.

enfht
    Free Member

Had I been caught up in this on board and discovered the suicide bomber was fake I’d have genuinely killed him with my bare hands.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Genuinely? As opposed to fraudulently killed him?

enfht
    Free Member

OK I’d have mentally killed him first, then spiritually, then honestly.

kimbers

It might not be the first selfie with a suicide bomber, others might not have been able to upload theirs before the bang

zippykona

Can you buy those belt things or did he have to sew it himself?
    He did well and obviously had no wife to help him.

pictonroad

Those saying they “haven’t read the article”

Read it, it’s hilarious, the context and tone is spot on.

bencooper
    Free Member

It’s absolutely brilliant – I love how the (fake) suicide bomber is obviously wondering who this lunatic is 😀

RustySpanner

Genius.

Just needs someone stood behind about to burst a blown up sickbag.

thegreatape
    Free Member

OK I’d have mentally killed him first, then spiritually, then honestly.

That’s the correct order

CountZero

Genius.

Just needs someone stood behind about to burst a blown up sickbag doing rabbit ears. 😀

CountZero

Can you buy those belt things or did he have to sew it himself?
    He did well and obviously had no wife to help him.

Well, he was on an aircraft, and not many have a free wife service on board. 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘There is no piss left to take. Our piss reservoirs have run dry.’ is closed to new replies.