Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • The worst modern jobs in the world…?
  • grey

In one of my jobs I used to have to stand in for the boy that used to empty the dog mess bins , ah for the hot summers and stewing dog poos in metal ovens 😆 , don’t miss working there at all funnily.
    Oh and strimming dog poo, slugs , mice , frogs etc, don’t miss that either.
    I still work in gardening but at least now it’s a bit cleaner.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Installing loft insulation has to be up on the list, especially in summer.

ads678

Also, multidrop courier driver. Not. On. Your. Life.

My mate drives for parcel force in Leeds, earns about 32k a year.
    Deffo not as bad as putting a magazine in one side of a sleeve and the supplement in the other and then putting it in a box. Then repeat ad infinitum……I saw the day out but never went back!!

StirlingCrispin

How about sewer diving in Mexico City?
    Somebody has to clear out the horse skulls.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goh8k4Zxbh4[/video]

joshvegas
    Free Member

Picking rubbish is fine. I mean itsnot the best job ever but in reality theres nothing much to it and you can listen to music.

Theres a difference between being unemployed because you don’tneed to work and desperately needing a job but being unemployed.

I imagine a job were you want to makea difference and you’re crippledby political nonsense can befairly soul destroying. NHS socialwork teaching police.

But the salmon diving sounds properly grim.

woody74

Mate worked in a prepacked food factory. It was refrigerated and they constantly sprayed water in the air to reduce germs so standing inacouw of cm of water. He had to stand by a conveyor belt and press 1 button every few seconds to drop some sauce into the meal tray. God knows why it wasn’t automated. They gave him no work wear so came back with almost hypothermia the 2 days he lasted.

StirlingCrispin

Anyone else now getting Deliveroo recruitment ads when looking at this thread? 😉

gobuchul
    Free Member

But the salmon diving sounds properly grim.

It’s usually a means to an end.

I know a few blokes who’s first commercial dive contracts were on salmon farms. They went on to sat dive and earn around £1600 per day. A lot of them struggling for work now mind.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘The worst modern jobs in the world…?’ is closed to new replies.