Viewing 14 posts - 1,921 through 1,934 (of 1,934 total)
  • The STW Ski & Snowboard thread. The 2016-2017 season
  • jambalaya
    Free Member

@whatnobeer quite an armoury 🙂

Zero days for me this season and not a single day in the Alps last summer either. Depressing 🙁

Digby

Aye … it was the Red Dupraz 6’++ he was riding – but he did borrow another one from Zero G as well. Can’t remember exactly which one it was.

I shall have to try and demo one myself next season! 🙂

nedrapier

You shall! I’d be interested to hear how you get on. I had my eyes on the 6′, but they only had it in +, which was just a bit unwieldy for me.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Personally I`d find 80 or 84 a bit narrow for Whistler but it depends how much you want to buy skis for one trip vs multiple years. Dabbling in trees is a ton of fun but better when you aren’t sinking….

I’ve ridden some of the bowls and trees on my park skis which are 86 and fully cambered. They’re not the best. I’d want something 92+ honestly for out here, but if you’re a good skier you’ll manage fine regardless. Also helps if they’re not park skis with all the structural rigidity of the a wet noodle.

whatnobeer quite an armoury

Thanks, something for all occasions there. The Salomon is the daily driver, 103 underfoot, early rise camber, heavy and stiff as all hell. Love it. Slants for power days and smashing through the trees. 4frnts for park days and messing around on. The less said about the snowboard the better :p

Edukator
    Free Member

Junior got permission to use some historic footage from INA in one of his music vids. You might not like the music but I’m sure you’ll be fascinated by the skiing:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hQA6hsyUaQ[/video]

Digby

So … the nights are drawing in and ‘Winters Coming’ and I’m already thinking of next year’s season.

Recently picked up my ‘Early Bird’ Pass for Fernie and a trip to Japan may be on the cards … 🙂 🙂

When does the 2017/2018 season thread start CFH? 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Patience, Grasshopper.

Edukator
    Free Member

Junior is still skiing In Les Deux alpes so the season can’t be finished yet. 30cm of fresh the last time he rang.

Digby

Patience, Grasshopper.

“I do not seek answers, but rather to understand the question.”

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Digby

“Everybody was Kung Fu fighting
    Those kids were fast as lightning
    In fact it was a little bit frightening
    Make sure you have expert timing”

geoffj

Must be time for the 17/18 thread now?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Soon, my children, soon….

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

i saw some nutcase building a jump on a tiny bit of snow that remains on top of the mountain here in Sweden.

The people are getting restless Flashy….

Viewing 14 posts - 1,921 through 1,934 (of 1,934 total)

The topic ‘The STW Ski & Snowboard thread. The 2016-2017 season’ is closed to new replies.