Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • The people where I live are weird
  • Bunnyhop

Last night coming back from a pootle ride, there was a hoody swimming in the canal with all his clothes on.

An hour ago I saw a man had climbed into the topbox on his car and was just lying in it.

therealhoops
    Free Member

welcome to Stockport

captain_spaulding
    Free Member

I saw an old lady trying to fly down the road today.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Shouldnt worry Bunnyhop – you'l catch on soon enough, it's in the water. 😀

retro83
    Free Member

There's a chap wandering about outside wearing leggings and a cowboy hat. Interesting combo, but he's rocking it.

Bunnyhop

therealhoops – yes, I've lived in and around Stockport all my life.

higgo
    Free Member

Stockport.
    A hat museum is not enough.

0091paddy
    Free Member

haha, I just did a *lol*

Bunnyhop

Me too. Very funny higgo.

Stoner
    Free Member

This morning I saw a bloke walking up our road wearing combat boots, trench coat, a black bowler hat and carrying a trombone over his shoulder.

Odd.

humanbean
    Free Member

This morning I saw a bloke walking up our road wearing combat boots, trench coat, a black bowler hat and carrying a trombone over his shoulder.

that's Rupert that is.

Bunnyhop

There is a pub near us called the 'Oddfellows arms'. I'm guessing this weirdness has been going on for years.
    One of the things I love about the British is our eccentricity.

barca
    Free Member

The "Oddfellows" society was the original welfare state (of sorts).
    Yikes, Im boring for a Friday night.
    Best go and watch 17 Again with "Young, Hip and Trendy"

Bunnyhop

Very educational barca.
    May I have some Bakewell pudding please, I know it may end up being squished in your rucksack?

I hope E. is o.k after her horrible experience riding with Ben.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

There's a guy round here called 'Curly Keith', he goes EVERYWHERE on a Massey Fergy tractor. & he isn't a farmer.

zaskar
    Free Member

Could be worse!

cinnamon_girl

I'm normal, everyone else is weird!

My poor neighbours got worried when bits of wood appeared on my driveway along with two old girls riding up and down them high 5'ing 🙄

At my age I get considered "eccentric" – self-deprecation is the way to go 8)

barca
    Free Member

I have so much information in my head Jane, not one bit of it usefull though.
    Ha! My BaweWull pudding will be coming home in my jersey pocket (yuk). I couldn't possibly use a rucksack on a road bike.
    They're both cool now thanks. Emsie is thinking about a career in the Police force now. Her uncles will be mortified.
    I bet you're not eccentric cinnamon girl. I reckon you're 'interesting'. I'd much rather spend some time with a person a little or more leftfield.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Sounds like my driveway too cinnamon_girl

andytherocketeer

esselgruntfuttock – my first company car was a Massey Ferguson. Bucket seats (pressed from sheet steel), open top cabriolet (well no roof), cruise control (aka hand-operated accelerator lever),…

ro
    Free Member

The people where I live are Asian…

samuri
    Free Member

Our neighbour is a complete mentalist. He dresses himself up in an assortment of skin tight/baggy clothes seemingly at random, can be seen leaving/returning to the house at a variety of times ranging from 4 in the morning to after midnight, riding an array of bikes (I lost count at about 6 or 7) no matter what the weather is doing. In fact I'd say when the weather is bad he looks a lot happier. He'll often come back covered in sweat, mud, blood and wildlife, his bikes always look pristine and decked out in expensive hardware while both his gardens look like a bomb has gone off in a garden shop.

Madness, it's all relative.

molgrips
    Free Member

He dresses himself up in an assortment of skin tight/baggy clothes seemingly at random,

Isn't that the fashion for young girls at the moment? Certainly looks like it.

Peregrine
    Free Member

These things you describe are not really weird or unusual, spend a while in the shopping centre at Rochdale if you want to see the results of interbreeding. Any Saturday afternoon should do it.

nbt

samuri – Member

Our neighbour is a I am a complete mentalist. He dresses himself I dress myself up in an assortment of skin tight/baggy clothes seemingly at random, can be seen leaving/returning to the house at a variety of times ranging from 4 in the morning to after midnight, riding an array of bikes (I lost count at about 6 or 7) no matter what the weather is doing. In fact I'd say when the weather is bad he looks I looka lot happier. He I'll often come back covered in sweat, mud, blood and wildlife, his my bikes always look pristine and decked out in expensive hardware while both his my gardens look like a bomb has gone off in a garden shop.

Madness, it's all relative.

For those who didn;t get the irony, I;ve fixed it. Applies to most people on here, I expect. Certainly applies to me, Haven;t used a lawnmower for over a year I htink

clareymorris

My neighbours are fat and stand outside smoking…….oh and scratching.

higgo
    Free Member

My neighbours are fat and stand outside smoking…….oh and scratching.

That could get annoying.

bigyinn
    Free Member

ro – Member
    The people where I live are Asian…

Oh god not you again? Thought you'd gone for good.

hora
    Free Member

Theres an oldish lad who picks fruit around Jacksons Boat. He ALWAYS stops just me, talks to me and offers me his fruit. Regardless of who I am with.

Why do they always single me out? Same with the aggressive smackheads. They always have a go at me! 😕

clareymorris

LOL at Higgo………if only!!!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘The people where I live are weird’ is closed to new replies.