Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The original hope mini’s, any good?
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

straight choice between these and new XT’s

i prefer the look of the mini’s, and as the bike has a silver/shiny theme id prefer them asteticly, so are they any good or will i die?

Prefer my brakes to be powerfull within a little lever movement, not a long pull before theres any real power, beyond that as long im not pulling to the bar im happy. (other bike has old XTR/XT/Goodrich setup)

andym
    Free Member

No you won’t die. (You might squeal a bit but that’s another matter).

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

XT’s it is then, i hate noisy bikes with a passion!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I’ve had my Minis (original; not MONO Mini), for about 5 1/2 years now. Been bled only twice in all that time. Consistently good, and maintenance free. Quality finish, too. Pad wear seems very good as well.

trailmonkey

I’ve had both. Minis are great. XT are great too. Much prefer the lever feel of XT. Other than that, couldn’t say one was any better/worse than the other.

Stu

Still available here if anyone fancies a set of Hope mini’s. Never had a problem with them squealing!

sofatester
    Free Member

XT for a quiet life.

cinnamon_girl

Like Rudeboy I have the original Minis, they have been fitted on around 5 different bikes now and still work well. Have been very happy with them. Nothing wrong with squealing, saves having a bell. Also have the mono minis and they squeal too but my new mono mini pro’s haven’t done so far.

Olly
    Free Member

10% of the world LOOOOVE minis, the rest of us have nothing but grief from them.

cant complain about my XTs, want braided hoses to get some of that wooden feel i get from my hayes back, but other than that, cracking brakes.

acjim
    Free Member

My minis were fine, not as good as more up-to-date brakes but pretty good. They did need occasional seal cleaning, but bleeding them is simple.

I wouldn’t use them on long dh’s though – mine failed in the alps, boiltastic!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘The original hope mini’s, any good?’ is closed to new replies.