Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 436 total)
  • The Olympics
  • Houns

Slightly delayed here but did post before NZ headed down the pitch, was preparing to edit!

seosamh77
    Free Member

Is there somewhere more uptodate you can watch catch up stuff quicker?

Got the bbc rio site, which is great for watching and casting live stuff, but iplayer only seems to have yesterdays stuff on catch up?

Seems a bit off to be complaining! 😆 As that’s a pretty impressive service! But I want to watch todays events on catch up, now! 😆

Any options?

crazy-legs

What are all those long sticky outy bits on the longbows?

seosamh77
    Free Member

balances I assume.

seosamh77
    Free Member

so who are the best teams in mens rugby 7s? Austrailia, new zealand, south africa, britain? france? I’m guessing here? first 2 dominate like the womens?

seosamh77
    Free Member

guess we’re expecting spain to get anihilated here, 15 second, touchdown, goal, whatever ye call it! 😆

edit 7-5 good response from spain anyhow.

edit edit. 12-7 spain, fair do’s!

seosamh77
    Free Member

so there is scrums, so what’s the point of them, they like free kicks?

seosamh77
    Free Member

I’ll just leave these question here, if anyone feels like answering them, please do! 😆

See when a player is tackled and goes to ground, are the other team only allowed to pick up the ball if the ball goes loose? so while on the deck you are in possession as long as you don’t drop it, but you have to pass it through someones legs to resume running and passing?

tjagain

Once you are tackled you have to release or place the ball. the first opponent in can try to pick it up hence the tackled player normally puts it as far back as they can. Once one player from each side is contesting then its a ruck and no one is allowed to pick it up until its clear at the back of the ruck one side or the other. all players must join the ruck from their own side and all you can do is try to push the opponents off the ball so it ends up on your side and you can pick it up

seosamh77
    Free Member

cheers tj! 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That’s gone well, then.

M parents have a pool. Never seen theirs go that green! Someone forgot to check the chlorine/PH balance, methinks!

seosamh77
    Free Member

gb v japan just started.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Our girls going for silver or bronze in the team gymnastics…..such a tough comp, but hopefully can do better than our guys last night.

seosamh77
    Free Member

i’m in danger of liking rugby here! 😆 good game that 21-19 gb.

mikey74
    Free Member

GB did their best to try and snatch a draw from the jaws of victory. A win is a win, though.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Japan looking very good at this tournament. Great play.

7s is a lot of fun to watch. Like T20 cricket, it’s a blast. It’s not as good as the real thing, but still great! 🙂

tails
    Free Member

Gymnastics is great, must absolutely savage their bodies. The amount of plasters the Japanese lass had on her hands. The American on the beam was like a robot!

mogrim

Gymnastics is great, must absolutely savage their bodies.

From my limited second hand experience of watching my daughter do gymnastics there’s nothing at all easy about it, and we seem to visit the local hospital to get sprains treated on a regular basis…

The top gymnasts are also training something like 30 hours a week, nothing too extraordinary for an elite athlete but still a fair amount of time to spend doing sport. (And even more so when you consider a lot of them are teenagers, and still developing).

aracer
    Free Member

Not sure whether they’ve fixed it, or I’ve found a way to do this, but I’m currently watching the BBC2 coverage from a couple of hours ago. Rather than try to find coverage of a specific event, in iplayer go to channels, select the channel of the coverage you’re after (may be a bit of trial and error) and go to the schedule – programmes broadcast on normal TV seem to go up on there almost immediately. No use for stuff which wasn’t broadcast, but should be of some help.

richmtb

Red button channels are 472 to 477 on Sky if that helps.

You can check the schedule and record whatever you like.

I quite like the swimming, but the finals are a daft o clock so I just record them

Houns

GB v NZ sevens now on BBC 4

dantsw13

Wow – we win against NZ & top the pool!! By my calculations our prize will be a QF against – either NZ or Aus, the 2 top rated teams in the tournament 😯

dantsw13

Real lack of tournament information on commentary. By my calculations, USA losing by less than 4 poiints would have put NZ out. Their missed conversion allows NZ through by 1 pt as 2nd bespattered 3rd place team. GB to play Aus in QF. I think.

Edit : GB v Arg, whereas top qualifiers Fiji have earned a match with NZ!!

aracer
    Free Member

Regarding the TV coverage, why do the BBC feel the need to keep switching the main coverage between BBC1 and BBC2 – checking the schedules, it’s on one or the other continuously, but switches between the two several times a day? Are there some programmes which have to be on BBC1 and some on BBC2? Can’t they just have it all continuously on BBC2 and promote the BBC2 programmes to BBC1 for a couple of weeks? I just don’t get the point.

I’ve missed the end of one event so far because I was recording one channel and it switched to the other (yes I can get it on iplayer, but recordings work a bit better, and I had to wait a while before it came on iplayer).

whatnobeer
    Free Member

The US basketball teams are apparently staying on a huge boat, obviously putting some of those millions of $ to use.

aracer
    Free Member

Don’t they have proper changing rooms at the diving pool? Changing behind towels in a corridor!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

They forgot the roof too. Fantastic competition though.

aracer
    Free Member

They also forgot to feed the meter for the lights until part way through the last round.

dantsw13

Who cares now – 2 more golds!! Boom!!

wilburt
    Free Member

How many medals has Leeds won now?

BigJohn

What was that hoo-ha about the lights? Did they wait too long or did they go early or did it just spoil their concentration?

aracer
    Free Member

Blinking heck that 7s was tight

jambalaya
    Free Member

Diving: Fabulous win. I can understand why Tom Daley gets all the attention making the Beijing games at 15 years old but his two Bronzes are topped by a Gold !

mikey74
    Free Member

Excellent game. The sevens is a great addition to the Olympics. Perhaps football should be 5 a side, rather than the full game.

dantsw13

^Now that’s a great idea!^

seosamh77
    Free Member

7s probly better. Is the R7s played on a full size pitch?

vickypea
    Free Member

Highlights for me today were Fabian Cancellara’s gold in the TT, and Max Whitlock’s bronze in the gymnastics.

And yes, gymnastics is savage on the body, based on my experience of doing it 4 times a week from the age of 8 to 16.

Rockape63
    Free Member

What a great win in the canoeing… Way to go Joe!

colournoise

Watching the 7s is almost making me enjoy rugby…

slimjim78
    Free Member

The Russians shouldn’t be there. It’s one big horridly organised political shit-fest.

Worst atmosphere at an Olympics ever. The road race safety, green pool, crowds(?) are a shambolic joke.

Celebrating a bronze like a gold is exactly the reason you’ll never win gold.

Hey ho, at least we have Bolt to look forward to. The man who has run massively faster than the four other fastest proven drug taking sprinters in history.
    Who to put his astonishing world record achievements into perspective, is akin to slaughtering an EPO riddled Armstrong up Ventoux, on a Raleigh Grifter.

Pfffftt.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 436 total)

The topic ‘The Olympics’ is closed to new replies.