Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The Mystery of white dog poo’s disappearance…SOLVED
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

Apparently this new-fangled, so-called “raw” dog food causes dogs to do white poos that disintegrate (it doesn’t have the salt, preservatives and other crap that tinned/dry food has).

So the oft-lamented loss of white dog poos, so often mourned by those of us who grew up in the 70s and before, is down to the prevalence of processed dog food.

According to my girlfriend’s neighbour.

househusband

I thought it was down to the chalk that was once added to build up dog food..?

Raw food fed dogs tend to the most minimalist, healthy turds around. (At least ours when they were fed on raw tripe…)

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

That’s the biggest load of racist shite I have heard in years!

Cougar

It’s because we don’t give dogs bones any more.  High calcium + ingested bone meal = white dog poo.

The “raw food” is probably very high in calcium.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Our dog eats a raw diet. However, we collect and bin all her poo so I’ve no idea of the raw bone content within it causes white poo or not.

If anyone would like some to monitor, then I’ll accept PPG to cover post and packaging.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Turd burglars innit.

epicyclo

househusband
    I thought it was down to the chalk that was once added to build up dog food..?

Hyena shit was the same. Lots of bones in their diet.

Drac

Close Cougar. In the 70s and 80’s dog food was worse than we have now, it was bulked out with bone meal which increased the calcium content in the shit, now dog food isn’t bulked out with bone meal.

boblo
    Free Member

Aaah now, that explains a lot. I was getting quite concerned after going on a very high calcium diet…

jobro
    Free Member

Some breeds, Dalmations in particular, lack the enzyme “Uricase” so their poo contains high levels of uric acid. Hence its white.

rocky-mountain
    Free Member

All I know is my JRT cocks his legs and can crap at the same time, he can also do it normally and looks very happy with himself.

It stinks and is warm when I pick it up.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

How long before this turns into a Brexit thread?

Oooops.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’d like to see a pic of that.

Also a thermometer in the poo?

(Would be more impressed if it was cold. And concerned).

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Yep, our 8yr old has been feed raw for years. Only 1 or 2 poops a day and always white and hard, none of this sloppy crap. We started feeding our pup the same with exactly the same outcome. Great condition coat, no issues with bowel problems, just a pair of fit and happy dogs. The saying fit as a butchers dog really does ring true, highly recommend!

ninfan
    Free Member

Is is because theres no market for it anymore?

https://www.vettimes.co.uk/app/uploads/wp-post-to-pdf-enhanced-cache/1/a-dirty-job-but-not-to-be-sniffed-at.pdf

(you learn something every day)

Nico
    Free Member

Magpies eat shit. True fact.

wwaswas

Our dog’s on a raw food diet (minced beef). His poos are mostly black with whatever grass etc he’s also eaten as added texture.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Do you lot inspect your dogs poo before he flushes or something? Weirdos.

ampthill

I remember a reference to white turds in an early episode of Life on Mars. It set the scene very well

ThePinkster

I saw a white poo (assumed it was from a dog) on Christmas Day. Thought at the time I’d not seen one for years.

Wish I’d taken a picture of it now.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘The Mystery of white dog poo’s disappearance…SOLVED’ is closed to new replies.