Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The Mega – Accommodation Suggestions
  • Wolfdog
    Free Member

Well finally my riding pals have all got our passes signed for the Mega.

We’re driving as we just don’t trust the cheap airlines (after a few missing bikes on previous trips)

Does anyone have accommodation suggestions? In a place with other bikers would be great for a bit of banter / beer.

honourablegeorge

My accomodation suggestion – wherever you stay, keep your bikes locked and out of sight.

Dain_Bramaged
    Free Member

Camp.
    Free camping next to the DMZ lift.
    Free bike wash opposite the lift and you’re at the top of town, so you’re near bars.
    The campsite this year was great – friendly and relaxed. Beers and barbie’s in the evening, but it all quietens down reasonably early with no “drunk idiots with a loud stereo” to drive you…unless that’s you.
    Pitch your tents around the van with your bikes inside.
    Done. Awesome week.

tonyheap
    Free Member

Are there any showers on the campsite or is a case of staying smelly all week?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

No showers, as its not really a campsite, because there are no facilities whatsoever there.

However, there is the public pool, maybe 5 or 10 minutes walk into the centre of town which you can shower at.

Just remember your speedo’s 😉

Dain_Bramaged
    Free Member

Oops – yes. Meant to say – no shower facilities at the campsite.
    They opened the sports facility as free to all Mega competitors….gym, pool, showers etc. here – Palais des Sports et des Congrés.

After a days riding, we used to ride to a bar in town – lock the bikes to the bar’s bike-rack, have at least one biere to start the evening off, then wander down to the shower.

allmountainventure
    Free Member
    Wolfdog
    Free Member

Cheers Dain & Hob Nob, I’d love to camp as the atmosphere would be great, but not sure if some of my softer mates in their 40’s would!!

tonyheap
    Free Member

The mega official website says no camping (http://www.avalanchecup.com/megavalanche-alpe-dhuez-38-hebergement.html)
    and another link seems to confirm this: http://dirt.mpora.com/news/megavalanche-camping-news.html

(although that news article is from 2010)

so I’m not sure whether comping will be available for 2012!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘The Mega – Accommodation Suggestions’ is closed to new replies.