Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 91 total)
  • The iPad app gets worse
  • muggomagic

Coincidentally (or not), email received this pm about pocketmags access. Downloaded the app but now being asked to pay for the latest issue. Thoroughly confused by all above, any suggestions from singletrack towers please?

You need the email stating your user ID (email address) and password, mine is not the same as my singletrack log in details so if you’ve not got it then I guess it’s not been activated yet.

hammyuk
    Free Member

I was on about the “check box” as well not the trial.
    That’s the whole point – sod all has happened about it for months let alone “7 days”…
    No email from either STW OR PocketMags about anything other than taking my money for a renewal that still doesn’t include access to the sodding app!

arcing
    Free Member

@mark, I’ve copied in tech@singletrackworld.com to the email conversation with pocketmags.

labsey
    Free Member

Just downloaded the Android app. How do I download the issue? Searching just takes me to the store and wants me to pay for it. Am logged in.

Mark

You can’t just download the app and get the issue for free as a subscriber. You have to login to the app itself to access the free credit. The instructions on how to do this are in the email that wax sent today.

To be clear.
    You must login using your email address and Pocketmags password. If you don’t have your password then use your email and the retrieve password function from within the app.

All the instructions and links are in the email you are sent from us

convert

I got the email today. An account has been created for me- I had to click on the link from the email to send me my password. On the app though I can log in, I can’t yet see I have any credit to download a copy without paying. Perhaps the credit takes some time to be added. I’ll wait and see.

Edit- ignore last. I’ve just gone back and now it’s downloading. It must just take a little while to recognise the credit.

Mark

The credit is for the current issue 79. You shod be able to download that issue without paying for it. The link next to it should say ‘Download’. If you can’t downliad issue 79 then email help@pocketmags.co.uk and they will fix that for you.

franksinatra

Just an observation, this all seems a bit complicated doesn’t it?

Still no email for me (from stw towers or pocket mags) so yet to actually try it out but surprised there isn’t a more straightforward way of doing this. It is unusual nowadays to see so many people getting confused about what is essentially a transaction. Suggests more than just user problems…

labsey
    Free Member

Now recgonises my subscription, no credit though. Downloaded the Kindle version instead.

Mark

I’m chasing up the credit issue now

STATO
    Free Member

Not a member but youd think this pocket mags site could specify that new issues are ‘pre-paid’ from the point the account is activated onwards, then you wouldt get the problem with accidentally spending your credit on old copies.

convert

Actually the credit (for me anyway) was for issue 78. I clicked on the purchased button and that was the issue waiting for me to download.

Mark

Aha!
    I think that’s isolated the probem.

The accounts activated today were for those who ticked the box before issue 79 was published. That would have given them a credit for issue 78. Those accounts now need a credit for issue 79 now.

franksinatra

What about those who still haven’t had their accounts activated?

labsey
    Free Member

Yeah, I have successfully downloaded 3 pages of issue 78. I assume the rest is on its way.

So how do we get the credit for issue 79?

convert

Actually quite good once you download it. Surprisingly advert free. It would be more intuitive to me if all the articles were all in a single column rather than then lengthy ones using using two columns. That way you would always be at the top of an article when you swipe to the left of right. A few dodgy low res images and a couple of duplicates (one hi res, one low res) but looks like a nice way to digest the magazine content in the future.

tor5
    Free Member

Yep, I’m in the same boat… Got my email this evening & a credit for issue 78…

I’d be interested to know why you guys went with pocket mags, the use experience so far has been diabolical and, judging by all the delays, the implemention hasn’t been silky smooth either.

Mark

Convert, issue 79 is single column for all articles. Much clearer. Issue 79 credits will be sorted Monday.

hammyuk
    Free Member

There’s a surprise…… an email from STW with the activation link….
    Good job I don’t believe in coincidences…….

cp

Email from stw this evening, app installed, issue 78 downloaded….

I have to say this is much better than viewing the pdf, very impressed! Very slick, works great.

Hopefully I can download issue 79 soon.

Running android on a samsung tab2 10.1

franksinatra

Any news on activating accounts for those still waiting?

patricksingletrack
    Free Member

Tom is working on it. I’ll post on here as soon as it’s sorted.

Trimix
    Free Member

Guys – the magazine works fine.

Why dont you try that, its much eaiser 🙂

You can even zoom in by bending your elbows if the print is too small.

Simpsan
    Free Member

I was able to download issue 78 on Saturday but don’t have a credit for issue 79 as yet.
    Has this been sorted?

edsbike
    Free Member

My pocket mags account details fail to log me in to the app, error messages and crashing. Pocketmags support email has gone unanswered. Please could someone at STW advise?

patricksingletrack
    Free Member

79 has not been credited yet. Tom is working on and I’ll update here when it’s been credited. Sorry for the delay. In the meantime the MagArchive holds the PDF’s and ePub versions.

CustardCream

Got credit for issue 78, have to say its really good when it works.

I don’t have a credit for issue 79 yet though either…..

Trimix
    Free Member

Just checked – printed mag works fine 🙂

patricksingletrack
    Free Member

I’m currently emailing a big list of users who have been credited with issue 79. It will take me a few hours to churn through so you may want to head over to the app and see your yours is waiting for you.

For people who have opted in in the past 24 hours you will have to wait for a few days. It’s still a manual process. However, we are working on implementing an API for this so hope to have a smoother process in future.

You can check your opt in status at http://singletrackworld.com/premier/account/

tor5
    Free Member

Cool, got my credit! that’s one less email to churn through (manual process? yuk!)

tor5
    Free Member

I spoke too soon! Issue 79 is a mess 🙁

There is a mixture of low res pages, wrong page order (through the grinder appears one swipe in to the Surrey hills feature) etc…

edsbike
    Free Member

Is my account still not activated. It was before Christmas that I signed up for it. Pocketmags support have said that there is a credit for issue 78 on my account but I can’t get it from the app.

Mark

If anyone has any issues can you please email us at tech@singletrackworld.com

If you post here there’s a good chance we’ll miss it
    Tell us what device you are using when you email.

Cheers
    Mark

patricksingletrack
    Free Member

edsbike – that is very odd. Drop an email with details to tech@singletrackworld.com

franksinatra

o be clear.
    You must login using your email address and Pocketmags password. If you don’t have your password then use your email and the retrieve password function from within the app.

I’ve been doing this but when I then try and log in I just get a ‘Null’ error message.

Will try and have another play later, if still not working should i go through STW or Pocket Mags to try and sort it?

kuman
    Free Member

I’m not a premier user and just paid 3.99 through the app and it is a proper mess, UNREADABLE !
    Don’t think I’m going to bother ever again.

GrahamS

Ipad 3 Premier user here. Issue 79 looks fine to me. What pages are people having issues with?

kuman
    Free Member

half of the magazine looks like this:

ohnohesback
    Free Member

If this isn’t the definition of a first world problem I don’t know what is.

shindiggy
    Free Member

i don’t think you can zoom in, so the text is illegible.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘The iPad app gets worse’ is closed to new replies.