Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 102 total)
  • The gypsy girls on channel 4??!!!
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Seriously, how have these kids/girls/women got any chance in the real world!! Thicker than a Gurkhas foreskin!!!!!

highclimber
    Free Member

none of them really want to be there – they’ve been brought up to cook and clean o that’s what they’ve resided themselves to do. There are a couple of exceptions but mostly they are in it to be on TV!

wrightyson
    Free Member

I genuinely feel their parents should be prosecuted, 17 yr old girl who can’t read.. WTF!! I get a royal fOoking for taking the kids out of school for a coupla days. What’s wrong with them??

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’d say the OP’s reaction is about what I’d expect from a builder tbh.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Mrs C watches it. Since I make her watch Man V Food.

I still have a headache from all that screeching.

Also, if I understand correctly, threatening to kill someone is a criminal offence particularly when said with intent & malice?

At least that’s what the bouncer told the police officer as he stood on my head.

wrightyson
    Free Member

And what the **** is that supposed to mean darcy?? Speak up if you want to have a wee pop!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Well, I mean, you’re all the same aren’t you?

restless
    Free Member

I think the woman who is running the factory and trying to change those girls is fighting a losing battle.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Who, builders? People from Derbyshire? What you getting at?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Off to bed, I’m not in quite a right-on enough mood this evening.

wrightson, no offence intended, was only hoping to point out the error of stereotyping people.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I wasn’t stereotyping anyone, I was just commenting on the real sad state of those girls education. Me, well I’m not your average builder, studied chemistry at university thought it was rubbish so went building things, I manage sites of fifty odd blokes, but I also clean the toilets and drive a digger when it’s needed. Please don’t accuse me of that shit just because I read the sun, and choose to graft for a living!!! Thought you were one of the better folk on here 🙄

Junkyard
    Free Member

WOW you really are knocking the stereotype of builders as narrow minded and racist on the head with this thread

AWESOME

user-removed
    Free Member

Well you both (WS and DD) have valid points. Missing out on 15 years of conventional education will make you look thick by most folks’ standards (but I bet they can clean a toilet faster and better than both of you) and I wouldn’t employ any of them – not due to my own prejudices, but due to those of my buying public.

The fact is, all those girls have come from a different culture – might as well be a different planet. Highclimber’s quite right – they’re there to be on telly in the main, and it also happens to make great telly.

Good to see this thread has been turned round into an unjustified bashing of the OP. Can’t accuse the usual suspects of double standards that’s for sure. Good work.

Where the flip has wrighty been racist? He commented on what he’d seen on a tv programme, then made a comparison to how he’s told to educate his kids.

Some people search a little too hard on here to label other forum users. Get a grip.

Mind you, I’m a thick, football supporting, Murdoch funding, 4×4 driving, bigoted, racist, egotistical, materialistic, Derbyshire sparky, so what do I know?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Where the flip has wrighty been racist? ….

Some people search a little too hard on here I would hazard a guess at the Gurkha reference but I am sure the “usual suspects” will defend its use as both anatomically accurate,in no way offensive or with any sort of racial connotation.
    It’s possible that as a fellow builder you are just so used to language like this that it does not even register?

No offence like but I know you are thicker skinned than to take offence in fact as thick skinned as a …..ah you get the point.

user-removed
    Free Member

TAFKAS –

He commented on what he’d seen on a tv programme, then made a comparison to how he’s told to educate his kids

I agree. Different cultures consider different types of education to be important. In my culture (middle class, white(ish), upwardly mobile), a university education is considered to be important. Or at least the ability to read and write. Most of us will also be able to clean a toilet, know how to clean windows with old newspapers, have had a paper round which involved a 5.30 a.m. start followed by a full school day and hopefully we also have a small amount of say in the way our lives might progress.

These girls can clean a toilet and not much else. This is due to cultural differences and levels of expectation. There’s no wrong or right here, and I really am not trying to be cutting or clever.

samuri
    Free Member

All the builders I know have really nice, massive houses that I could never afford. I assume they do this by either building them themselves or having secret agreements with other tradesmen so they only charge them a reasonable amount and use quality products.

allthepies
    Free Member

All the builders I know have really nice, massive houses that I could never afford

But they’re always really bad taste design IMO 🙂

atlaz
    Free Member

Interestingly some of the girls in the programme are complaining saying they were poorly portrayed. The one quoted has a-levels and a place at uni apparently.

SamCooke
    Free Member

l I’m not your average builder

That’s only useful if I know what an average builder is.
    Care to enlighten me?

Seriously, how have these kids/girls/women got any chance in the real world!!

They probably inhabit a different ‘real world’ than you do. I imagine they think that your kids would not have much of a chance in their world. They would probably be right.

Pigface
    Free Member

I know a scaffolder who lives in a house worth about 4 million 😯 more the location and size of plot. He is also the strongest person I have ever seen, quite freakishly strong, really nice chap. Dont think he has a Gkurkas foreskin, never looked.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

If they were well educated builders daughters then Im sure the programme would make for pretty dull viewing.

Just be thankful that these “thick as pig shit” young gypsy girls exist, otherwise you wouldnt have anything to watch and froth at on a sunday night.

SamCooke
    Free Member

Dont think he has a Gkurkas foreskin, never looked.

Hard to image how you could get one, those fellas are have a reputation for being quite aggressive.

SamCooke
    Free Member

**get down, get down, you’re a bad dog baby**
    Double post

Jamie
    Free Member

Hard to image how you could get one, those fellas are have a reputation for being quite aggressive.

…and they all look the same.

BermBandit
    Free Member

Foreskins or Gurhkas?

bobfromkansas
    Free Member

Not sure what the real world means but it seems to be way over populated by builders, plumbers and taxi drivers.

packer
    Free Member

Back to the original topic…
    I caught a few minutes of this program last week and was highly amused by the bit where the woman had to explain what tax was as they had never heard of it!

edlong
    Free Member

Sorry, I’ve come late to the party on this, but how was the OP generalising? His post title refers to “the gypsy girls on channel 4” and his OP refers to “these kids” – nowhere (unless a ninja edit was performed) does he say that his observations relate to all gypsies… what am I missing?

nealglover
    Free Member

…..what am I missing?

……..the point of STW ?

To act all superior to other people, and accuse them of racism/sexism/homophobia/etc etc etc.

😉

edlong
    Free Member

ahhhhh. my bad.

Bloody mountain bikers, they’re all so damn superior…

kimbers

im just confused as to why a gurkha would have a thick foreskin?

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Not enough ‘big hitters’ to really make it a 10/10, but nice to see the Witchfinder General of the left putting in an appearance.

binners

Anyway….. Does anyone want me to tarmac their lawn? Very reasonable rates. Just sign here. No need to read the detail….

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Not sure what the real world means but it seems to be way over populated by builders, plumbers and taxi drivers

Most common job in the UK is “Manager” so who is actually doing anything then?

Karinofnine

I don’t think they’re thick, rather, they are taken out of school early. They are brought up in a community where their mothers are not educated and have low/no aspirations or ambition, and where education generally is held in low regard. Gypsy/traveller women generally don’t have very nice lives.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I don’t think they’re thick, rather, they are taken out of school early. They are brought up in a community where their mothers are not educated and have low/no aspirations or ambition, and where education generally is held in low regard.

Very true. But they also live in the same world the rest of us do.

Gypsy/traveller women generally don’t have very nice lives.

Seems not. But you’d think they’d walk away if it were that bad.

wwaswas

you’d think they’d walk away if it were that bad.

but if you couldn’t read or write, had been brought up thinking that what you were experiencing was ‘normal’, were looked down upon by a large proportion of society and had no access to money other than through your family or husband then it may appear that you have no choice but to stay?

binners

you’d think they’d walk away if it were that bad.

Whats that? You’re going where….?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 102 total)

The topic ‘The gypsy girls on channel 4??!!!’ is closed to new replies.