Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • The guy is an absolute asshat, and got what he deserves….
  • CountZero

I hadn’t realised there were two of these scumbags peddling this crap.
    I clearly recalled all the news items a year or so back, and the perp being banged up for it, so I was surprised to see someone else, who was connected to the first bloke, doing the same shitty thing!
    There are some vile human beings about, to be sure. 🙁

hora
    Free Member

Prison sentence? Overkill IMHO.

Serious? How about he sold bullet proof vests that didn’t work and he knew that they never would. Intent/he knew that somewhere down the line someone would die as a consequence of his fraud.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Flaperon is usually quite agreeable as well. How odd.

Flaperon

The problem is that I cannot imagine being in the situation of having something that’s clearly complete and utter bollocks in front of me with no proof and agreeing to buy x million of the things. It’s absolutely tragic that bombs went undetected and that as a consequence people were murdered, but why, WHY weren’t questions asked about these things at the very start?

It’s despicable and morally indefensible to sell the things but my original argument that this was signed off into high levels of government in all countries concerned still stands, and if we’re sending people to prison for this, we should be sending far more than one or two.

Someone mentioned a bulletproof vest analogy – well, if I placed a string vest on the table and told you that it protected you from bullets, grenades, sunburn, nuns, and attacks from flying saucers, would you really take that on trust?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

The flying saucer bit, yes.

More seriously – they were also the victim of some serious, determined confidence tricksters.

Edric64
    Free Member

A businessman who sold 29ers around the world has been jailed for seven years.
    The devices made by Gary Bolton, 47, were simply mountain bikes with 700c road bike wheels the Old Bailey heard.

The prosecution said he sold them for up to £10,000 each, claiming they could transform your riding. The trial heard the firm had a £3m annual turnover selling the homemade devices.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-23768203

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘The guy is an absolute asshat, and got what he deserves….’ is closed to new replies.