Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • The grand inbred thread!!!!
  • hunty155
    Free Member

everyone loves a picture thread. So let’s do an inbred one!

Also. Very interested to see how people have routed there droppers on them. as that’s a very possible upgrade in the near future.

Here’s mine to start! 2 year old 26 slot dropout.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Marin
    Free Member

No PIC but 26er postbox red. About 9 years old still ridden every week! No dropper post though balls do get close to tyre tickling sometimes.

leythervegas
    Free Member

At last! Love my Inbreds.

Heres my singlespeed. Have since replaced the saddle with a black bignose. Setup is rigid, 32×16. Cost me next to nothing to build and is ideal low maintenance carefree commuting.

therevokid
    Free Member

2004/2005 tinbred … well it’s almost an inbred 🙂

the-muffin-man

Been a while since we’ve had one of these – we must be becoming niche though – only 6 response so far.

Inbred threads would have been into 2 pages within an hour back in the day!

Anyway – pic of my Tinbred below, the only MTB in my shed now…

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

They’re still only £199 with a bar, grips, stem, seat and post bundle. I don’t see the advantage of paying three times that for other steel frames. Love late autumn time when I get to transfer my bike build from FS over to mine. Fitting a Works angleset this year for extra gnarbility!

righog
    Free Member

hunty155
    Free Member

Is that x fusion Hilo on yours Jim??? How you finding it??

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Not an inbred rider but, my non dropper routed frame got a couple of self adhesive hose clips, I replaced the normal sticky pads with velcro ones (loop tape on frame, hook tape on the hose clip) making it easy to remove when needed and also easy to put back if it snags or the cable loop when dropped pushes it off the frame.

huws
    Free Member

Mine (now gone) set up as a brake less fixed experiment. Hilarious fun but also quite scary.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

853 SS,Old but well loved, this ones a keeper

Duffer
    Free Member

I’ve had a 456 for 6ish years and enjoyed it very much. I fancied building something a bit special (in my mind) last year. Its the first bike on which I’ve put some really good quality componentry (Hope stem, headset and hubs, XT brakes, P35 rims, Cromoto forks), although some bits were from the spares box, like the cranks and seatpost.

Not the best picture, but you get the idea:

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Is that x fusion Hilo on yours Jim??? How you finding it??

Yes hunty, with the crotch grab lever, not cable. I’ve had it for a few years and as long as I carry out a complete oil/water* drain every six months or so, and apply wet lube to the stanchion after each ride, it keeps on working. I find the cable just cacked up too quickly and never had enough force to fully open the dropper valve so I’ve got used to crotch grabbing.

*The seal’s pretty poor so it lets in water over time. As long as you completely drain it every now and then, it doesn’t seem to affect it.

superstu
    Free Member

nearly finished building a 29r inbred, pace forks, resprayed pink. Can’t seem to post photos from photo bucket though to show it off?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

complete with sweaty lens soft focus

StirlingCrispin

My other bike is a Cotic Soul (MkII) which has a bit more zing, but this gets a lot of use for quick blasts.

Just over two years’ old, but many of the bits came off my first ss Inbred (bought on ebay way over a decade ago).

RoterStern
    Free Member

My Inbred 29er when it was first built up. Managed to snap the cranks but my friend has built me a new set with some mods to make them stronger. The rear rim is now an Arch as I fubared the Crest.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Please don’t take offence StirlingCrispin, but your Inbred really looks like the build somebody called Stirling Crispin would ride! An all-day hacker ??

thestabiliser
    Free Member

ben98
    Free Member

Rotor stern what are the cranks on yours? You mention that your mate made them, what are they like? I like the sound of custom cranks 😉

stumpy01

Just after it was built…still largely the same though – different saddle and that’s about it.
    Oh, and some brutal chainring scars!

richardthird

Divine intervention

jonostevens
    Free Member

This is mine the night I finished building it last Spring. Was the first bike I’ve built from scratch and I absolutely love it.

Is perfect for where I ride the majority of the time. I got the frame for £140, incredible value or money.

RoterStern
    Free Member

@ben98 The cranks are made by a friend of mine who has started his own frame building company. The cranks are made of steel and he’s managed to make them lighter than XTR. Actually he’s just had a big feature written about him by one of the big German bike sites.Website

boblo
    Free Member

Old photo but it hasn’t changed much. Very much old stool…

ratherbeintobago

Mine (now gone) set up as a brake less fixed experiment. Hilarious fun but also quite scary.

Did your knees explode?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

My TI 456. Built up just before Christmas, I’m loving it.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I’ve had two of the things and love them, just wish I had never sold this one…

Then I got this which is now my daughters…

huws
    Free Member

Did your knees explode?

It was running such a tiny gear (32×15) and I only ever took it out on very gentle rides so no knees were exploded. Locking the back wheel was super easy. (Skidz are for kidz)

Mugboo

Thanks Trailrider Jim for sorting my photo.

Having owned am original white one, a baby blue 456 & raw summer season I now own a c456 with a slackset.

blckbrd
    Free Member

Heres mine. Have changed rear brakes to SLX since taking the pic.

SimonR

In bikepacking mode:

[img]

21-P1000760

Nobby

SS

faustus

Most recent 26″ inbred, no longer built up but might be resurrected:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/pZ3xdU]views of Mawddach estuary[/url] by Matthew Walker, on Flickr

TheBrick
    Free Member

No photo on line but it is a rigid 29er slot dropout instigator forks. Rather over built on the wheel fron with a kris holm rear rim but I went paranoid after buckling a hand built 26 spoke velocity cliffhanger down a rocky trail + dropoff + crash at high speed. The only thing I would change would be the possibilty to take a 120mm for then it could be “one bike” type of bike.

Not sure why on one have droped the slot drop out and gone for ss only. The drop out flexability is one of the reasons I went for a inbread as means I can easly swap between SS and as currently set up 1×9.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Here’s my 29er in fast commuter mode:

faustus

Soma rich – that’s tidy! I have a 29er inbred frame in the same colour, and planning to do a similar thing for commuting/bike packing/touring…

russyh
    Free Member

Here mine, shes up for sale as I am buying a fatty and wife has me on a bike diet.

warpcow
    Free Member

This was mine. I kind of miss it, but not really enough to buy another just now.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/aoh2FL]P1020018[/url] by Mike Jones, on Flickr

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘The grand inbred thread!!!!’ is closed to new replies.