Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 2,074 total)
  • The F1 2015 thread…
  • jota180
    Free Member

The fact that he’s not in Australia tells me that the doctor’s are being careful with his rest.
    You wouldn’t take a flight to the other side of the world following a concussion just to be there.
    The risk is small but not zero

hora
    Free Member

It was weeks ago.

We’d better not transport any ski, car accident, cancer patients etc by medical plane flights in the future then.

shermer75
    Free Member

Agreed, looks like a surprisingly poor level of communication there

jota180
    Free Member

What on earth have cancer patients got to do with it?

And we’re not talking about transporting him, just sending him for a long haul jolly

If you can’t see the difference, i give in, you’ve won, its all a plot

hora
    Free Member

You’ve missed the turning to my point. Either that or you know its right.

Every day people who bash themselves up are transported from holiday etc etc back home, sometimes in serious but stablised conditions.

All at pressurised altitude.

So. Lets just see what comes out in the wash in this one eh? If hes there at Malayasian then your right. Its not a conspiracy/owt wrong.

the-muffin-man

I’d bet he’s flown already since the accident.

shermer75
    Free Member

I can see what jota180 is getting at but I think that the key point here is that the reason we have been given for Alonso not racing is that he can’t risk another crash in case he gets ‘Second-impact Syndrome’, so he should be fine to fly to Oz and support his team.

hora
    Free Member

I just don’t think he trusts McLaren from previous dealings and now the (possibly false) rumours around the car.

pondo

Interesting trivia question on the Beeb, see how many you can get without cheating – Max Verstappen is the 12th son of a former F1-racing driver to drive in Formula One. How many others can you name?

Got a disappointing seven. 🙁

hora
    Free Member

Crazy how its the sons who get the breaks.

How many great talented drivers in the lower formule didn’t get a break because they couldn’t get sponsorship/wont connected or related to someone?

pondo

Well – 12 out of the more than 800 formula one drivers there’ve been, I would guess.

nemesis
    Free Member

Verstappen
    Rosberg
    Villeneuve
    Hill
    Magnussen
    Piquet

That’s all I can think of but my knowledge only really goes back to early 90s so any before that I wouldn’t know.

EDIT – now I’ve looked, I should have got Brabham, Fittipaldi and Andretti. I did vaguely recall a Japanese driver so I’ll give myself a half point for Nakajima 🙂

http://www.formula1.com/news/features/2015/1/16762.html

back2basics
    Free Member

Oh Ron…

“I wanted to be open and honest” – he says – “bit i failed” , so that means YOU LIED RON !

what else do you lie about…
    cars performance?
    cars upgrades?
    cars safety?

pondo

He’s such a tool.

aracer
    Free Member

Those monstrosities make last year’s F1 cars look pretty.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Every day people who bash themselves up are transported from holiday etc etc back home, sometimes in serious but stablised conditions.

Sure they are, but he wouldn’t be going home, he’d be taking a long haul round trip flight when he could be recovering/training/resting to do… what exactly?
    There might be more than has come out about his crash but I reckon it’s a stretch to read anything into his not going to Australia.

hora
    Free Member

Okay. Read Rons comment about Malaysia

‘Its upto Alonso’s Doctors’

Almost like someone is on the back foot.

Whats going on? Im starting to think its a ‘health’ sabbatical for upto a year.

thepurist

I’m really hoping that all this conspiracy theory bollix about alonso stops as soon as the racing starts. When it was confirmed that he’d miss Oz there were knowledable people saying he shouldn’t even make the trip, and now it’s another petty point seized on by the jhjs of the motorsports world.

shermer75
    Free Member

“He wants to race there. I hope he does”

Is that what you mean?

Pitpass

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Okay. Read Rons comment about Malaysia

‘Its upto Alonso’s Doctors’

Almost like someone is on the back foot.

Whats going on? Im starting to think its a ‘health’ sabbatical for upto a year.

It’s almost like Alonso’s doctors have told him he shouldn’t go, so he’s told Ron he’s not going.

hora
    Free Member

For Ron to say that about the second race says somethings up.

If he does take a sabbatical who will take a bloke whose last title was 10yrs ago?

Harsh but.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I’m not sure that I quite buy into the theory that Alonso doesn’t want to drive for McLaren on the basis of their testing performances.

The alternatives are far worse however…

1) Alonso has a previously undiagnosed medical condition that manifested itself during testing at Barcelona.

2) That there’s a mechanical problem with that McLaren that’s caused Alonso’s hospitalisation and the team haven’t been completely truthful about.

hora
    Free Member

Im going with 2).

thepurist

What the actual fact are you gibbering on about Hora? Surely Ron is saying they have no problem with Alonso racing, it’s all down to medical experts to clear him. Please God let there be some racing to talk about soon.

And yep, who will take the driver who is still rated as the most complete driver in F1, I’m sure he’ll get in at Manor if he can bring some sponsorship money…

hora
    Free Member

The most complete? He was. Every driver wanes. Its just the degree by. Kimi was waning, cameback- brief good performances then waned again. It happens to them all. When to call it a day. Yes he pulled performances out of the Ferrari but he moved to a team that has a brand new unproven engine in a team thats getting a rep for a poor Chassis design? Regretting his decision? Jumped as he knew his time was nearing?

I also think Vettel is past his peak now.

Lets wait and see what happens before Malaysia. Call my bluff then quoting me or..

I sincerely hope its not an undiagnoses health issue 🙁

thepurist

So he consistently outperformed a dog of a car last year, walked into a team knowing far more about their internal structure and personnel than you or I, and gambled on a new engine from a company just returning to f1 after years away. Exactly which part of their current situation would be a complete surprise to him?

And yeah you’re dead right about him being a waning has been, it’s not like he was the key to the whole driver market last year or anything…

jota180
    Free Member

it’s not like he was the key to the whole driver market last year or anything…

TBF – I think he thought he was but got wrong footed by Vettel and Red Bull

hora
    Free Member

I didnt see him move to Merc for 15/16.

Lots said he would.

aracer
    Free Member

So Button who has seen the telemetry and knows a lot more about the accident and the situation at McHonda than you is refusing to drive in Australia as well?

Eh? All that I’ve read from people who know what they’re talking about (ie not hora) the considered opinion is that the Mc chassis is pretty decent this year, and might actually be very good.

I also think Vettel is past his peak isn’t in a car which makes up for him not being the best now.

I do wonder how many WCs Button might have if he’d had Vettel’s cars.

Call my bluff then quoting me or..

Don’t worry, we will. Remind me again how that believing everything Armstrong said thing went?

hora
    Free Member

The chassis is good? Lets see. See you post race1-2.

Lewis jumped ship. Part of knowing wheres good is jumping onto it at the right time.

Button stayed on. Lets see if McHonda comes good over these few races. At the least they should be beating Williams

jota180
    Free Member

hora – Member
    I didnt see him move to Merc for 15/16.

Lots said he would.

Have had a bang to your head recently resulting in memory issues? 😉

hora – Member
    Ok heres my prediction (seeing as Im wrong once, who knows I might be right on my next prediction)..

Alonso in a Merc for 2015

Vettel in a Merc for 2015 or sabbatical

Hamo in a McLaren for 2015

hora
    Free Member

Didnt happen though as I thought Merc would prefer Nico for the title 😆

So yes I was wrong on that one.

Nico collapsed/Lewis resurged.

Lets wait and see. I think Alonso has missed the Merc boat now. Merc are a knoen hot commodity. They dont need to approach title holders.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Well, we don’t know how good the McLaren chassis is, because the engine has held back the testing times.

We do know that McLaren (like Ferrari) made a poor decision on the aerodynamics last year that resulted in excessive understeer. We also know that the appointment of Peter Prodromou has been key to McLaren and that his influence on the MP4/30 has been profound, given the obvious Red Bull influences to the aero package. I’d be willing to bet that the McLaren would be near the front if it had a Merc engine (assuming it would fit under the Honda-specific bodywork).

2014 McLaren & Ferrari analysis here

However, we do know that the Honda hasn’t been given the full moo on track yet and that there’s a lot of work to do. We also know that there have been niggling reliability issues (oil seals…seriously?) with testing the McLaren-Honda.

Frankly, it’ll be a miracle for either Macca to make it to the end of the race. However, I’d be willing to bet that McLaren-Honda are strong in Monaco and Hungary – assuming they get the reliability issues solved by then.

hora
    Free Member

Thepurist who witheld your pudding today?

thepurist

😀 guilty as charged

hora
    Free Member

😀 me thinks puddingate will be here for a while in our lexon

aracer
    Free Member

Well neither of us know – but those with a better understanding than us seem to think it might be OK. It’s certainly not expected to be rubbish.

jota180
    Free Member

jota180 – Member

Giedo van der Garde?

He’s too busy suing Sauber in the Melbourne court to have any time for driving

shermer75 – Member

Australian court has ruled in favour of GVG. The weirdest bit is GVG’s comments about his ‘good working relationship with the team’. Hmm, not so sure about that one, Giedo..,

It appears that Giedo has tripped over his boot laces whilst dancing with delight

…… he’s forgotten to renew his super Licence 🙂

bruneep

t appears that Giedo has tripped over his boot laces whilst dancing with delight
    …… he’s forgotten to renew his super Licence

He can apply for a temp licence and get this within a matter of hrs.

What a mess tho.

Trimix
    Free Member

Apparently its the responsibility of the team to renew his licence. But that aside, its a mess.

However GVD will have backers who will want their money back if he cant race.

The two existing drivers will also have backers who will want their money back if they don’t drive.

In the middle is Saubers boss – who used to be a lawyer !

Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 2,074 total)

The topic ‘The F1 2015 thread…’ is closed to new replies.