Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The buying experience! (from Arthur Daley)
  • wingnuts

After my last thread “How far can I push Arthur Daley?” I thought I’d report in about the collection of the car. We got a MINI for £15k after I’d followed the (generally sound) advice from the STW massiFFFFFFFFFFF.

I’d got about £600 off and left a sales person in a pool of blood from the way I felt when I left the showroom.

So today I go to collect the f***** thing (for which Mrs Wingnuts has signed a contact that means she will behave forevermore) I find its been cleaned within an inch of its life and I’m given so much coffee and promo material that there are no trees left in Brazil.

Then my gadget obsessed son agrees that a switch that changes the colour of the lights in the door and headlining is perhaps a tad excessive has the termerity to beat me on the table football in the showroom while they process something.

Then the 12 year old assistant hands me the key fob and says that despite there being no money in the car to reduce the price they would like to give my wife two bottles of wine (in a bespoke box) to thank me for buying from them.

I feel that they have taken the pizzzzza somewhat!!!!!!

Cougar

Jaffa Cake?

wingnuts

The wine was for her not even to calm me down!!!!!!!!!!!

donsimon
    Free Member

I do like a happy ending. 😕

Cougar

You pay extra for that.

maxray
    Free Member

Have to say after the pleasure of nailing a good deal the actual pick up of my vehicle was a real let down. It wasn’t like I wanted to be carried aloft amongst cheers and praise like . Realised quickly that once you are just part of the months turn over they don’t give a monkies!

paulosoxo
    Free Member

We bought an 18 month old Freelander 2. When I went to pick it up the had it draped in a huge Union Flag, which the salesman took great delight in unveiling. I’m glad it made him happy, but I’d have thought they’d reserve that kind of drama for the first of new model being collected.

Must have been about 50p of diesel in it too. The bastards.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘The buying experience! (from Arthur Daley)’ is closed to new replies.