Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The bug
  • 4130s0ul
    Free Member

So, after a three year hiaitus from riding due to my riding buddies either breaking themselves or going off and getting married / having babies, and for my own part venturing into the world of bouldering, I have found myself back on the bike.

The first day out of properly riding in anger and I could feel all the joyous emotions I had all those years ago. The mixture of pain and pleasure as you crank out the uphills, the fear fighting the massive grin for dominance on my face on the downhills. The buzz upon returning to the car and chatting about what section was hit the fastest and how sketchy you felt when riding speeder-bike style through the tight singletrack (they do ride speeder bikes with their eyes shut right?)

High fives were shared and promises were made to get out on the bike more often for 2014….

Two days later and the proverbial itch is there. It’s telling me to get out there, it’s telling me the bike is calling me. And I want it, I can feel the rush again, the wind, the mud, the pain…and then I look outside, it’s looks a bit grey, it looks like it’ll rain, there’s no one about today anyway, I could come a cropper and end up lying there half dead on my own…maybe I’d better just stay in instead, yeah the kettles just boiled I think that’s the plan.

So, my question to the great and the good (and I know I’ve been away from STW for 3 years but I’m assuming life hasn’t changed that much…) and Hora is, How the hell do I get the passion back, or more specifically I believe the passion is there but how do I keep the motivation to get out? Did I jump back on the bike at the wrong time of year and am I finding it harder to get out due to all the crap weather? Or have I just lost the edge and the will power to get out in hell or high water without others to ride with.

And yes as a previous STW’er I am well aware of the abuse, sarcasm and grammar policing I may well receive, but with a pinch of salt I’ll take it as a welcome back to the fold.

Thanks

4130s0ul (Previously 4130soul & Steelrider)

zilog6128

We all got road bikes while you were away. No-one rides MTB any more.

hatter

Awww, I clicked expecting an in-depth discussion of grimy South London Bass music.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aW7NFSGklM[/video]

4130s0ul
    Free Member

Sorry to disapoint, though i have seen that particular Bug on many occasions, darn good fun if i do say so myself.

Looks like i’d better join the herd and get a road bike then, actually i’d rather not if it’s all the same

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Have you ever regretted going out for a bike ride? Thought not. MTFU and get out there and enjoy yourself.

Happy to help 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘The bug’ is closed to new replies.