Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 176 total)
  • The apprentice.
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Have we done it yet.? Bullshit bingo is go.

Drac

Tuning in in 5,4,3,2,1…..

CheesybeanZ

Let the bullshit begin

Drac

It has.

I’m the Swiss Army knife of …… 😆

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Oh lord. What a shower of ****.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Bellends

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Bellends

1st class ones.

jimmy

I have experience of food…. I cook

I suddenly feel loads better about myself

crazy-legs

Fish puns and The Apprentice, this should be a good one. 🙂

Drac

I have experience of food…. I cook

To be fair she said she also has intolerances.

CheesybeanZ

Fishcake target 300 , fishcakes made 89 ….. good start .

jimmy

Who brought their mum in the garish suit?

Drac

Who brought their mum in the garish suit?

Lovely. That’s lovely.

grahamt1980

There are a small minority that seem to have an idea.
    The rest are just idiots

Drac

There are a small minority that seem to have an idea.
    The rest are just idiots

It’s almost as if the production team picked them to be like that.

crazy-legs

I’m predicting some “hilarious” fish puns from Lord Sugar. He’ll tell them it’s a load of codswallop.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Profits profit

grahamt1980

Drac… You are a horrible cynic… They would never do that surely 😯

Drac

I know it’s a shock to hear TV is a lie.

seosamh77
    Free Member

I can’t understand for the life of me why that show is popular, I lasted 5 minutes before I had to turn the tele over!

Drac

For me I’m fascinated by human behaviour, you see it all on there.

grahamt1980

I can’t believe it.
    That many personality disorders in one group is Def representative of the general population.
    Am wondering if it wouldn’t be safer to put them all in a set of padded cells and let them think they are on a show

mark90
    Free Member

I’m just glad to see they have upgraded to a fleet of T5’s 😀

sands
    Free Member

Didn’t see it – but found this two-minute summation on BBC iplayer:

The Apprentice: Honest Subtitles

drlex
    Free Member

sands – good link; thanks.

LOL at reference on Guardian page to the show as ‘The Great British Snake Off’.

LeeW

Has Timmy Mallet had a sex change? Or at least loaned his wardrobe out?

binners

I can’t understand for the life of me why that show is popular

Because you’ve worked with people like that. I have. We all have. They’re usually middle management. Their promotions, and subsequent enormous ego’s absolutely inexplicable. Until you see that they’ve got there though a combination of cynical opportunism, utterly shameless brown-nosing, luck, taking the credit for other peoples work, and a ruthlessness which means they’d happily beat their own relatives to death to get the next step on the ladder.

Watching the Apprentice you get to jeer and mock them for their utter uselessness, and see them exposed for the complete ****-wits they so clearly are, and their subsequent humiliation for their patent inability to perform the most simple of tasks. Then watch them fight like rats in a sack to apportion blame to somebody…anybody… else.

Plus… the dialogue is pure management-speak comedy gold 😀

ourmaninthenorth

I can’t understand for the life of me why that show is popular

Because we Brits love to prick the balloon of pomposity possessed by those whose image of themselves is equal parts excessive personal grooming and complete self delusion.

BigDummy
    Free Member

bombjack
    Free Member

The apprentice is utterly perverse viewing – You know that at some stage they are going to do something that makes you shout at the TV, its just waiting for the moment.
    With the boy that was eliminated last night, at what stage did he (or the judges) think that having no sales experience would be an advantage? What really got me was the amount of effort that went into the buying / prepping / selling for very little profit. Goes to show why fish salads are so dang expensive.
    Hopefully tonight we’ll have some more classic management speak, more need of “correct specifications” and more stoppy women with awful hair and dresses.
    Remember, I want to be a global phenomenon!

granny_ring

Quality entertainment, love it.

MoreCashThanDash

Binners has nailed it. It’s everything and everyone we despise at work, set up for the world to mock it.

gonzy
    Free Member

bunch of odd balls all believing their own hype….should be fun watching Claude Littner ripping them to shreds in the boardroom

quite a few of them deserve a visit from Binners with his trusty Bombers!! 😆

dmorts

The Apprentice Food Selling Task.
    Candidate 1: “Anyone got any experience with food?”
    Candidate 2: “I eat food…”
    Candidate 1: “You get my vote for PM”
    Candidate 3: “and my vote”
    Candidate 4: “mine too”

gobuchul
    Free Member

Watching it on iPlayer sort of in “the background”.

The discussion of fishcake specification in the boardroom is f***ing hilarious!

The RN recruiters must be squirming, worst advert for a Royal Navy engineer ever!

johndoh
    Free Member

should be fun watching Claude Littner ripping them to shreds in the boardroom

He is actually coming across as being quite softly spoken in the first episode. Perhaps he is holding back whilst they get bedded in a bit…

edhornby

the aftershow thing was on BBC2 last night, it was on whilst I was waiting for something else. seemed to me that the normal one got booted off straight away to ensure that the Colin Hunt’s remain so that they can be sniggered at

there’s an undercurrent of cruelty here – everyone knows they are there to be laughed at and whatever prize at the end will be iron pyrites

gonzy
    Free Member

candidate: you want to buy some fish fingers?
    shop owner: no this is a vegan shop
    candidate: so no fish then?

in the boardroom the same candidate said
    candidate: Lord Sugar i was very disappointed that on the first task nobody wanted to put themselves forward as PM
    Lord Sugar: well did you put yourself forward?
    candidate: er no because this isnt my area and i was saving myself for a later task…

priceless!!

ourmaninthenorth

The discussion of fishcake specification in the boardroom is f***ing hilarious!

The RN recruiters must be squirming, worst advert for a Royal Navy engineer ever!

Oh I dunno. It shows that, even as the ship went down, he was still followign orders.

(Based on my experience of working with ex miliatry types, there are two categories: those who can think and lead and those who need to be told how to wipe their own arses with a step-by-step guide. Rather like work: there is management and there is staff.)

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Because you’ve worked with people like that. I have. We all have. They’re usually middle management. Their promotions, and subsequent enormous ego’s absolutely inexplicable. Until you see that they’ve got there though a combination of cynical opportunism, utterly shameless brown-nosing, luck, taking the credit for other peoples work, and a ruthlessness which means they’d happily beat their own relatives to death to get the next step on the ladder.

The sales guy who had to be first at everything: Aaron Aardvark

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 176 total)

The topic ‘The apprentice.’ is closed to new replies.