Viewing 40 posts - 561 through 600 (of 1,802 total)
  • Thatcher's died according to BBC
  • scraprider
    Free Member

theres some very sad people here today.

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

..and some pretty happy ones

yossarian
    Free Member

I’m quite glad that people have been honest about how they feel. No faux shock over here to fit in with some kind of perceived need to demonstrate compassion even though you don’t really mean it. People genuinely hate her and are prepared to say it, people don’t tend to do that, to express that negative side to themselves without a very good reason. It actually increases my respect for them.

Popocatapetl

Elected over 3 Terms. Got a real grip of the country and made some tough decisions. Forget the Miners strikes what about Northern Ireland? You lot really do go around with your blinkers on! If it doesn’t affect you, you’re not bothered. probably lived where you were born all you lives with nowt better to whine about. Shame on you. She made a difference, what have you done for the greater good? Nothing, apart from man your keyboards! RIP Maggie x

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

theres some very sad people here today.

Well that’s understandable, quite a few people admired her.

Lifer
    Free Member

Popocatapetl – Member
    Forget the Miners strikes what about Northern Ireland?

What about it?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Forget the Miners strikes what about Northern Ireland? You lot really do go around with your blinkers on!

I thought the Tories had to sack her before John Major could start peace talks with the IRA ?

seosamh77
    Free Member

what about Northern Ireland

what about it? many many people in the 06 counties celebrating tonight. shoot to kill, collusion, the hunger strikes, etc… you are having a laugh right?

Popocatapetl

Lifer, you should have been racing in the national, as you’re a proper Jockey fella! Take your blinkers off and stop living in your little Village.

bearGrease

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbddqXib814[/video]

nealglover
    Free Member

No faux shock over here to fit in with some kind of perceived need to demonstrate compassion even though you don’t really mean it.

I agree.

But there is a world of difference between avoiding displays of false compassion, and some of the vindictive bile that’s been posted on here.

Popocatapetl

Oh dear, all the Jockeys are out tonight 🙄

Popocatapetl

Sessomah, you wouldn’t happen to be catholic by any chance? 🙄

yunki
    Free Member

A loathsome, vicious, cruel and vindictive creature died today. Good **** riddance.
    Try and find the humour there if you can but I wouldn’t bother.

I know I could if I tried.. but I won’t 😀

The way I see it she has gotten her way though.. left her dark legacy

She has a voice.. We have somehow ended up in a right wing country again.. The tory triumph.. her diseased and cowardly minions peddle their smut from the safety of their keyboards, desperate for love and attention, for joy, for power.. hiding their shame in the digital white noise, growing in volume and religious fervour as they flock together.. an army of furious gollums that has cruelly spawned a generation of bulging eyed youths with veins throbbing at the temples and reptilian greed dulling their eyes..

The new brown shirts, hatefully devouring the bile and regurgitating it with a bitter adolescent resentment as they dolefully gulp down the myth that there may be someone weaker out there who is getting more than them..

And so she can rest as her dystopian nightmare has come to fruition.. her earthly body crumbling to dust to blow away on the breeze and choke us all with hopelessness.. her pestilence deep within every soul as love and friendship rot and are replaced with greed and arrogance..

The devil’s final sigh of relief that good does not triumph over evil

“Never apologise for showing feeling. When you do so, you apologise for the truth.”
    ? Edmund Burke

bearGrease

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=IlkXQm7tSCY[/video]

seosamh77
    Free Member

Popocatapetl – Member
    Sessomah, you wouldn’t happen to be catholic by any chance?

that comment says more about you than i could..

Junkyard
    Free Member

look poppa you have been challenged to explain what you think thatcher did in NI as no one can see what your claim is. Rather than insult people do you think you could explain what you meant?

you can call me blinkered but i still dont[ nor do many otheres] know WTF you mean

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Can we clarify if there are any horse riders in tonight by any chance?

Lifer
    Free Member

Popocatapetl – Member
    Lifer, you should have been racing in the national, as you’re a proper Jockey fella! Take your blinkers off and stop living in your little Village.

En anglais?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

you can call me blinkered

I might do a little LOL if he does given all the “jockeys” comments. 🙂

EDIT: Oh shit, he sort of did call Lifer blinkered. 😐

imnotverygood

I don’t think this is just people venting at their keyboards. My wife was doing a ward round when the news came in and a spontaneous cheer broke out with one of the patients chanting ‘No Poll Tax!’ I think it is pretty telling that there are people on here who completely fail to understand the devastating effect the Thatcher government had on parts of the country. She was and is genuinely hated by large parts of the population especially outside of the affluent South.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

En anglais?

You rode in the Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe?

bearGrease

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bKMei-tcg4[/video]

somafunk

I’ve quite a few mates that stay up in ayrshire (newmilns/cumnock/dalmellington) who were teenagers in the 80’s and who’s parents endured the legacy of Thatchers economic policies – i’m just off the phone to a mate in Newmilns who stays right in the centre of town and and he hung his phone out the window – all i heard was chants and singing, i guess she touched a lot more folk than the general hand wringers on here realise.

Gaw’d blees her soul eh?, i hear she’s already shut down all the blast furnaces in hell, and privatised the soul reclamation business.

yossarian
    Free Member

But there is a world of difference between avoiding displays of false compassion, and some of the vindictive bile that’s been posted on here.

Vindictive bile? There’s a sound bite. People express themselves differently and thatcher brings out the worst in her opponents as well as her supporters. Probably her legacy actually.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Are there really people dancing in the streets? Only I haven’t seen it on any news.

nealglover
    Free Member

Can we clarify if there are any horse riders in tonight by any chance?

I rode a horse once. I didn’t like it though, and it was years ago, so I doubt he’s talking about me ?!

IanMunro
    Free Member

Are there really people dancing in the streets? Only I haven’t seen it on any news.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2013/apr/08/margaret-thatcher-death-party-brixton-glasgow

nealglover
    Free Member

thatcher brings out the worst in her opponents

That does seem to be the case 😐

rattrap
    Free Member

Interesting – speaking to a Polish bloke I know earlier, to many of them, she was a bloody hero for the stance she took over Russia.

reading some of the comments coming in from many of the former Eastern Bloc countries on some of the news sites, and it seems that histories true reflection on her place on the world stage is more than secured.

yossarian
    Free Member

Yeah it’s odd that, probably isn’t happening or isn’t important or something.

That does seem to be the case

Well I suppose if you destroy people’s lives, towns and futures for long enough it upsets them.

seosamh77
    Free Member

http://veetle.com/index.php/listing/index/mobile#4bada4088bc6f/4e275d0aa5341eb1d72461722489fc4f

george square earlier, bout 30 minutes of video, so skip about if yer interested, if not ignore.

zokes
    Free Member

Dunno, but personally I’m in a better mood

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

You can’t honestly expect TV news to report that – it wouldn’t really be the done thing 🙂

Margaret Thatcher dies: Some pay tribute while others party in the streets

Junkyard
    Free Member

ratty at least try FFS that is so blatant

I think threads like this show history will always have two polarised views of her

zokes
    Free Member

Well that’s understandable, quite a few people admired her.

Which isn’t remotely understandable.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ok thanks for the links folks. I was expecting to see something about it on the TV but yeah, what did I expect.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

The Guardian is reporting on the street party in Brixton. Having watched bits of the BBC documentary this evening and noting how Mrs T (partly by accident) broke through both sex and class boundaries to lead the Tories, I found it ironical that the first quote from the Guardian described the reason for the party was that she embodied everything that was elitist…(and)…and presided over a class war. A very different interpretation to the one given by Alan Sugar in the documentary. Another Thatcher myth, but people can decide which one!

I had forgotten just how slimy some of the politicians were back in the 70/80s. Make the current lot almost tolerable! Salmon was pretty slimy on news though. Bet he was disappointed that only 300 turned up in Glasgow. Foreshadowing….

StefMcDef
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member

There’s a huge disconnect between the popular reaction, anecdotally and as far as one can gauge it from social media, not least on this thread, and the official, full-steam-ahead revisionist beatification that that is taking place in the mainstream media. Seems like the Establishment taking care of one of its own.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

and the official, full-steam-ahead revisionist beatification that that is taking place in the mainstream media.

Indeed.

Viewing 40 posts - 561 through 600 (of 1,802 total)

The topic ‘Thatcher's died according to BBC’ is closed to new replies.