Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Thanks for the day off NHS !
  • Edric64
    Free Member

I had a hospital appointment at The BRI in Bristol at lunchtime and felt compelled to have a self employed day off.Chucked my bike on the train in Oldfield park in Bath ,rode across Bristol had a couple of ciders went to hospital then cycled home on the railway path .Nice days like this are to good to waste working at this time of year .I got the train in to avoid bring a sweaty mess for my appointment before anyone asks !

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Ha, happy to not be a sweaty mess but no problem stinking off cider for the doctor 😉

Edric64
    Free Member

Correct !

kcal

I had an out-patient out at Livingston St. Johns (when I stayed in Edinburgh). Bit of research showed me the off-road route to take, allowed couple of hours, was a pleasant cycle out..

I walked into the consultant’s room, hi-viz jacket, leggings (it was winter time), helmet, gloves. “Did you cycle here” he asked rather unnecessarily..

Murray

I used to have a couple of pints before going to the physio as I’m a wimp and can’t stand pain.

Edric64
    Free Member

I detest the drive from Bath to Bristol it can be really slow and parking is expensive.The train is cheaper at £6.80 return ,a single is £6.70 !!I got the return in case I felt lazy ,cant work out why there is only 10p difference though

jekkyl

& there’s a lovely pub in Saltford on the cycle path for another pint on the way home!

Edric64
    Free Member

I was tempted !!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Thanks for the day off NHS !’ is closed to new replies.