Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Tesco Clubcard or Nectar?
  • chunkymonkey
    Free Member

I put literally thousands of pounds worth of fuel in my company car a year and always use Tesco garages. For the amount I put in I get a few quids worth of vouchers every quarter – is Nectar any better or are they both a bag of bolts?

nickjb
    Free Member

Clubcard is ok. You just need to spend wisely rather than cash in. Look for 3 or 4 for 1 offers to buy channel tunnel tickets or eating out or various other things

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Nectar’s a bit shite if you ask me. Clubcard has a lot more stuff on which to spend your vouchers. Do you use a company credit card or one of your own (and are you disciplined and pay it off)? If your own, get a clubcard credit card which racks up the points quite quickly. You’d probably pay for a tunnel crossing in fuel alone.

Jamie
    Free Member

Clubcard is much better than Nectar, mainly for Clubcard Boost.

x2 the value to spend at Tescos on certain items at certain times…usually Christmas period. Although they have been running it for their Hudl most the year.

x2-4 the value on meals/attractions/services all year round.

Nectar, on the other hand, is shite.

sandwicheater

Both. We’re not always near a Tesco’s and makes since to fill up then/there. No point going out of your way to get some clubcard points if you spend that points on fuel getting there.

JEngledow
    Free Member

I use both (Nectar for easyjet flights and Clubcard for days-out/cinema/restaurant vouchers), but then pay with a Partnership (John Lewis and Waitrose) credit card, last week I got a nice £20 voucher which will probably buy a nice bottle of Rum!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

x4 the value on meals/attractions most of the year round.

Oooh, is it x4 now? I thought it was x3.

(just checked…xn for various stuff…eurotunnel is x3)

woody74

Get a Tesco credit card as you then get extra points. We stick everything on ours and shop at Tesco and we must be getting £200 in vouchers a year. Use these during a Tesco boost event and that is £400 of free stuff

Never seen the point of nectar cards

Tracey

Clubcard for me. Had loads of holidays on it with the swaps on 4x and 3x. Always use it for our tunnel crossing for our alps trip. Going away next weekend on a 4x offer with Warner holidays. Theres some promotion on till September where you get fuel points on the card for money off on the pumps

wrightyson
    Free Member

Tesco credit card/club card here. We buy everything from a pint of milk and a newspaper to big furniture or tv purchases.
    Points soon add up.

edhornby

nectar can be useful for certain things – can use them for vue cinema tickets and homebase, we got 2 cans of farrow and ball paint for nowt with the points (first and last time I’m buying F&B paint btw it’s rubbish)

GolfChick
    Free Member

Nectar were good when they allowed you to spend at amazon, however, that option was removed sometime ago and they’re now fairly pointless IMO. Always collect club card and think the places you can spend them is quite good. They also have excellent customer support if for example your vouchers get stolen which we experienced recently. Spend all ours at pizza express but can use em for magazine subscriptions too which im tempted with.

razorrazoo

Clubcard rewards flexibility is far better than Nectar, which is a shame as I do most of my shopping in Sainsburys.

njee20
    Free Member

Nectar points seem to accrue ridiculously slowly, and then not really be useful for anything these days. I’d go Clubcard.

gogg
    Free Member

Clubcard for me, but my local soulless emporium is Tesco and the Tesco in Llandudno Junction is usually amongst the cheapest fuel in North Wales, so main fill ups are done there on way in or out.

Tracey

Cant figure out how the money off fuel works. Just spent £120 in store and now can get 12p per litre off. Think it may be giving me money off when I use my tesco credit card away from the store

Kryton57

Nectar is better than suggested but they don’t make it obvious. For example, you can get double points on CRC and wiggle, an BP for fuel.

Use a Nectar credit card and all purchases are x 2 on it and the nectar card. So £50 in bp for fuel on the CC gets you 200 points. We use ours to fund Xmas and basically it pays for all our food and booze to the tune of £300 every year.

bigshep
    Free Member

Nectar for me, bought our last 2 tellies with the points(22″ + 19″)
    Plus ebay give you nectar points and I buy loads of tat from there 😳

thehillsofsomerset
    Free Member

Nectar for me. Always get double or triple points vouchers that spit out at the till.

Points quickly build up. Spend on Easyjet usually or in store. the did a double up (similar to boost) before christmas which was great!!

jonba
    Free Member

We use nectar but mainly because Sainsbury’s is local to us so we can walk there.

We have one of there credit cards as well and seem to accrue points fairly quickly. Spend the points in store and any money saved on the shop goes towards something frivolous.

cinnamon_girl

Get a Waitrose card and enjoy money off your shopping. 😉

Philby

Got a mailing from Nectar today with loads of vouchers on – only 2 were of any remote interest to me, otherwise just a waste of paper.

Tesco’s Clubcard seems much better than Nectar – unfortunately my local supermarket is a Sainsbury’s I can walk to, and I’m rather anti-Tesco so rarely use their stores.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Tesco Clubcard or Nectar?’ is closed to new replies.