• This topic has 43 replies, 37 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by poly.
Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Telling my parents (baby content)
  • King-ocelot
    Free Member

I once had a dream my sister put a ‘baby on board’ sticker on her tummy to tell the world. Odd dream that since she is a lesbian.

Congratulations.

Pieface

Tell them in person or if not possible phone them with the news after a positive 12 week scan. If he issue of avoiding booze comes up before then just say its because you’re trying.

m0rk
    Free Member

We had a private scan done at about 7 weeks and knocked up a couple of moonpig cards using the images and took them round with stuff like “can’t wait to meet you etc” in them

Congratulations though, it’s awesome once you get used to it!

poly
    Free Member

About 10 yrs ago we did the same. We just went over to my parents house one evening to tell them. That would have been unusual and so raised concerns if we told them we were coming so we just turned up safe in the knowledge that they have no social life and never go out. Well my mum was out, which meant we go to tell my dad first – and I’ve never seen him smile like it. I’m not sure which tickled him more being a grandad or knowing before my mum!

As for not telling them in case it goes wrong, having been there when it does, I’d suggest a hug from your mum and dad is highly desirable so provided you can trust them not to tell the world there is no reason to keep it secret from those closest to you.

The one reason you might not tell them is the very small possibility that early scans / tests identify a problem which means you choose to terminate; if you think that explaining that to some people (perhaps because of strong religious views) would be too hard, or result in unwanted judgement, then perhaps don’t share. Personally I couldn’t imagine either of our parents not supporting us in such a difficult decision and so we didn’t wait to tell our parents.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Telling my parents (baby content)’ is closed to new replies.