Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Tell me about Beverley, East Yorkshire and surrounding area
  • stonemonkey
    Free Member

Looking at a job there , not that i'll get it but hey ho

iDave
    Free Member

flat as shit and shit as shit IMHO

stonemonkey
    Free Member

looks like a 63 mile commute then

Azza
    Free Member

:(In reply to stonemonkey

I live about 20 minitues away

Some nice limestone tracks (the wolds) to ride on, the only thing i have got to any hills round here.
    Small villages and towns dotted around the area.
    Not too far from the east coast sea side (not that thats owt special).

All in all not a bad area
    Azza

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Beverley is a lovely town but suffers from being too close to Hull (which does actually have some nice parts to it, especially some of the old pubs and that mental nightclub that plays obscure Black Sabbath album tracks and serves, amongst other drinks, the Pangalactic Gargleblaster (as made famous by Hitchhikers Guide).

🙂

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I used to live in Market Weighton near there, for a couple of years in the late eighties. I always thought it was a lovely little town and assumed it was where all the wealthy people from Hull lived or shopped. Certainly, it was as bout as close to Hull that I ever bothered venturing.

sax_widby
    Free Member

its great, and the area's just as good. Though, watch out on weekends as the squaddies go to beverley on nights out.

and hull's fantastic, the regeneration is phenomenal!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Spiders – that's the nightclub. Brilliant place. Is it still there?

Fred
    Free Member

Fast bridleways when dry and sloppy, sticky mud when wet.

dickydutch

yep spiders is the one. Many a memory of that place.
    Used to live in a village near to Beverley for 18 years (20 mins from beverley). Its actually not as bad as people make out (Hull, that is) and Beverley is nice enough. Pretty flat yeah, but means you can just go further!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about Beverley, East Yorkshire and surrounding area’ is closed to new replies.